Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000-2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Comments

• wpbharrywpbharry Posts: 399
    Swamped with work stuff.

Had no idea this week would be this busy.

I DO apologize.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    rwisem: Thanks for the great review. Do tell more about those manual automatic AC controls, though!

harry: It's okay man. We were just afeared your review had been axed, or we all missed it! :)
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Great post, thanks for taking the time.

Still no 04 at the local dealer. The only 04s they have are Cavaliers. Lot is actually 1/2 empty which is unusual. They must be expecting a big load of 2004s any day one would think as there is virtually nothing to sell?
    Well, either that or someone is planning on going out of business!!
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    4 wheel discs on the Impala

I don't recall seeing in the (US) congressional register the bill that was passed which would actually force chevy to do that....usually that's what it takes.

you know what, if they did that on their own 'accord' (no PUN intended) then I commend them for doing that. Good move, I say.
    Sigh, Reg.

My 2000 Impala has 4 wheel discs.

Thanks for playing, though.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    LS always had them. All models do now. Good move IMO though rear drums can be done fine.
    This is post 2500!

YAY!

Malibu!

Waiting for the Maxx!
  • Just returned from a 14 hour trip in my 99 Bu(averaged 32 MPG, if you care to know), and everything was fine, but the seats are not very comfortable - I had to wiggle a lot and changed the seat position quite a few times. In the city driving it's not that noticeable, but during a long trip it gets to you. Oh well
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    which is why its important for even sedans to be 'entertaining' and offer a higher 'driving experience'.
  • ehaaseehaase Posts: 328
    Last week, johnclineii questioned my posting here because I was closed minded on the Malibu (which I am not because I would certainly consider the car at the right price). I stated that people willing to wait could get a well equipped V6 Malibu for around $16,000 by next summer instead of buying one now. Johnclineii said that only the 2004 Malibus selling for $16,000 will be used ones.

Well, a local dealer is already advertising a 2004 Malibu LS V6 for $18,995 - roughly $3,000 off the sticker price. If they're already discounting the cars like this, I am certain that I was correct in saying that well equipped Malibu V6's will be available at around $16,000 by next summer.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    ... to the more appropriate 2004 Chevrolet Malibu vs. Alternatives discussion.

Please keep in mind that this is a dedicated discussion to a single vehicle. The discussion I just linked was specifically created for the type of messages I just moved.

Please also note that moving messages is an extremely time consuming and difficult process. I will not continue to do so; instead I will remove messages that do not belong here.

So please stop and think before you post. If you want your message to survive and if it involves other vehicles besides the Malibu, put it in the proper discussion.

Thanks.
  • wpbharrywpbharry Posts: 399
    Hey all, thought I'd let you know that next week on MotorWeek, they'll be testing the '04 Malibu.

Should be interesting.

We have 3 PBS stations in WPB; sure many of you have more. They keep flip-flopping the time that it's on and just saw it at 6:30 PM EDT.

Harry
  • rwisemrwisem Posts: 96
    Here is the control panel. I hate it when the auto system uses fan speeds and airflow settings I would prefer to change. On the new Malibu these can easily be adjusted manually with two easy to grasp knobs. Bottom left position is full automatic on each. We love this flexibility.

• all of your pics compare the behinds, and the behind is the saddest looking part of the classic Bu. How about comparing the fronts! I bet my cutie's face beats your little froggy!!! ;-)

And what is the color of the rear turn signal in 04 Bu? It's not RED by any chance, is it?
  • logic1logic1 Posts: 2,433
    One thing immediately obvious is how tightly the new 'Bu pieces fit together.
  • The current issue of Car and Driver has a flattering review of the new 'Bu. In a nutshell, they said it was well put together, handled competently and provided above average performance and fuel economy.

Their only two concerns were about the styling and the ability of the car to compete with the reputations of the Camcordes.
  • logic1logic1 Posts: 2,433
    did not have C&D on the shelves this weekend. I hope it shows up soon.

You see the article as positive. In the Malibu comparo sight, Reg and Venus suggest it buries the 'Bu.

These magazine distributors have to move quicker.
  • Reg and Venus have a different opinion. For the most part, the article was positive.

Of course, the Car and Driver staff will fly off the deep end every time they see a pushrod engine or an exposed screw. I think the crude (on paper) drivetrain tainted their objectivity.

Logic - wait until you see the Prius ad. The placement is incredibly annoying.
  • tgp1810tgp1810 Posts: 112
    I was up at the dealer on Saturday looking at the new 'Bu (he had 12 in stock). I've liked this car from day one but I must say that it looks 10 times better in person than what it does in the pictures. rwisem, would you mind posting some pictures (int and ext) of your 'Bu at night? I'm curious to see what the IP looks like.
This discussion has been closed.