Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai XG300 and XG350

Comments

• yk911yk911 Posts: 130
    bought my xg in late sept of 2000..

no "major" issues with reliability or fitment.

once had my remote control reprogrammed under warranty b/c one remote control wasn't working properly..
  • 92969296 Posts: 13
    Had two issues when car was bought. Radio and front breaks. Fixed rapidly and no other problems since. No squeaks, rattles, wind noise, etc. Yes, I would buy another. Know two others who have bought XGs and they have not had problems. Have had bad experience with a 97 Camry.
  • leirexleirex Posts: 50
    I bought mine at Stevens Creek. I also had very bad experience with one of the salesmen but another sales manager compensated for the bad experience to buy there. It was ridiculous sales experience with the salesman though. I don't know if he is still there. I hope not.
    It is scary to hear that Bob Lewis service has replaced several parts already. Replacing good parts by misdiagnosis may make things worse as in my case. I believe that alternator was replaced by misdiagnosis and that it started making noise that has gotten worse.
    I suggest that you write a letter directly to Hyundai Sales VP or Service VP as I have done. It seems that Hyundai responded promptly in my case. I have taken mine to Stevens Creek Service just about ten times. The rep, service manager and assistant manager all have come to recognize me even in the street.
    All in all, their service is good, but the same problems are still with me. I am tired of visiting them but will wait until the next scheduled service (150K) living up with the noises (alternator noise according to them and wind noise). Good luck.
  • mikewesqmikewesq Posts: 32
    I was sure that the dealer had fixed the CEL problem in my 2001 XG300L, but darn if it did not come back on Monday! This was 63 miles after a fill-up. Apparently, replacing the evaporative canister does not solve the problem. I will ask them to order a new gas cap as I suspect that the existing cap is not making a good seal.

Also, the rear-end struts seem to be getting noisy again. The rear suspension was nice and quite for about a week, but I swear it's getting loosey-goosey again! Looking on the T-H-C forum boards, apparently this same problem was endemic in the 2000 Sonatas, and the replacement of the gas-filled struts with oil-filled struts from the 1999 Sonata solved the problem.
  • john115john115 Posts: 45
    Have had mine for little over a year.No problems,
    no rattles,no wind noise.Have only taken in for floor mat clips & oil changes.Like more each day.
  • OK, my dealer still claims ignorance of any new floor mat clips - I've seen several people mention them here. Can someone give me a reference for a dealer to contact or some lead to try and find these?

Thanks...
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    with that redesign. Does everyone else think that wrapping the tail lights into the trunk improves things? Just cheapens a rather classy rear end IMHO.

I have an Elantra and I think they did the same thing with the GT rear end vs. the sedan (even though the GT looks better from the side)-- sometimes simplicity looks better than busywork.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Edmunds.com has just published their 2002 Premium Family Sedan comparison.

Check it out by following the link in the "Helpful Links" box on the left sidebar of this page.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • rar3542rar3542 Posts: 5
    Has anyone heard of rebates on the XG. Last April when I first saw them there was a $1000 rebate and a $1500 owner loyalty rebate. Everyone has rebates now except for XG's.
  • acelinkacelink Posts: 106
    If you like the current design of XG, better get one soon before they bring the facelifted ones over.

I don't blame the manufacturer for making its products to share some common design elements to develop a brand identity, but I personally think the facelift is totally tasteless.

First of all, it looks like the fog lights have gotten smaller reducing their overall performance as well. They also did a nice job of making the wheels to look somewhat duller than before. But the real party pooper is a view from behind. But it could just be my thought. See it for yourself at www.hmc.co.kr. Click "Korea" once you get there. You won't have trouble finding the rest. What do you think?
  • acelinkacelink Posts: 106
    www.hyundai-motor.com/cybermall/showroom/passenger/new_xg/exterior2.html
  • sonatabeansonatabean Posts: 201
    Just a note to let those of you who respond . . . I do appreciate your sharing your experience! Thanks for taking the time to do so!

Sonatabean
  • john115john115 Posts: 45
    Have your dealer or yourself call Valley Hyundai@702-565-1500 ask for parts.They have had
    metal clips since last summer.
  • xfordxford Posts: 14
    I now have 850 miles on the car. It has been a good car, quiet and smooth, and fun to drive. There are some minor niceties I got used to from my other cars that I wish XG had but can't have everything......

I noticed something odd yesterday and want to see if others noticed the same thing. When I am doing 60mph, the engine runs at 2000rpm in 5th gear but yesterday morning, I noticed that the engine was running at 2000rpm in the 5th gear but I was going 40mph. When the engine warmed up, it was back to normal ratio. I did not notice this before. I don't know if it just started to happen or if it was like this all along but I just started to notice it. Has anybody else experienced this before? I can't believe the transmission is slipping but don't know what else it can be. Also, there seems to be a pronounced hesitation when engine is cold.
  • yk911yk911 Posts: 130
    fuzzy logic.
  • mike91326mike91326 SoCalPosts: 245
    When I was at my dealer for an oil change last week the service manager told me that there has been talk of Hyundai offering a "touring" option in the XG350 for 2003. The package would have stiffer springs, shocks and 17" wheels. Has anyone else heard about this? My wife and I are thinking of buying a 2003 XG350 and this option would just about cement the deal. With a touring option, I don't think that there would be any car within $10,000 that could top it.