Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai XG300 and XG350

Comments

• Does anyone change the XG350L spark plugs? I need instruction how to do it. When look at those I'm not sure of how to remove three spark plugs under intake manifold. Do I need to remove intake manifold? If yes, do I need to have any new gaskets?
    Thank you very much,
  • gjkamgjkam Posts: 2
    We were in the process of buying a XG350 when we opened the hood of the car an noticed 'considerable' rust on the bottom part of the front grille. the sales person was quite schocked as you can guess when this started his sale to go down hill. We loked at the only other GX350 on the lot and it had rust in also in the same spot. (The black lower support for the front grille.) Two cars both with rust. They of course said the grill would be replaced - my reply was and them 4 months later come back and get that grill replaced. Has anyone else seen this problem?
  • jimbeaumijimbeaumi Posts: 620
    A metal grille? I thought every manufacturer had switched to chromed plastic.
  • Not only does the XG350 have a metal grill but it has many other parts that are metal where American cars have plastic.
  • I just bought my car a couple of months ago and I must admit I really like it. I hope the problems some people are having are isolated but if not my 10 year/100,000 mile warranty should help me out. The way I see it, I bought a Hyundai not a Jaguar and for the money I paid and all the car has to offer I have no complaints. It's great looking inside and out and I enjoy driving it everyday. In my opinion the XG350L is a great buy!
    Curt...
  • Ditto! I feel the same way. I think I got a great car with all the features and quality that I need. Some of the features on this car are only available on $30,000+ cars. And it came at a great price. I also have the bumper-to-bumper warranty for 10 years.
  • kascamkascam Posts: 1
    Has anyone had problems with the electronics in thier 2002 XG350L. My alarm would repeatedly go off when I opened my trunk with the remote. The car would also excelerate on its own while driving sometimes. We took it in three time for service. They said there was nothing wrong. Last week while pulling into a parking space the car excelated, lurching forward, and taking out two other cars. Now I have $9,000 worth of damage to my car, and at least two lawsuite coming my way! But the Hyundai dealer ship still says there was nothing wrong with my car.
  • I just agreed to purchase a 2004 XG350L but haven't taken delivery of it yet. I paid $21,000 for it. Does this sound like a fair price? Also, does anyone know if you have to do anything special to make the side mirrors tilt down in reverse or should they do so automatically. The car I test drove didn't do it when I backed up and the saleman was clueless as to why not. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • That is a good price. Before you put your car into reverse push the side view mirror switch all the way over to the left. Then put the car in reverse and the mirrors should tilt. When you put the car into drive the mirrors will go to their original set position. That salesman should get on the ball and learn about the product he is selling.
  • dbronzodbronzo Posts: 19
    Also if you put the switch all the way to the right, only the right mirror will tilt.
    And, it wasn't in my manual but in order for my 2002 to have the drivers seat automatically go back after shutting of the car, you have to engage the emergency brake.
  • gjkamgjkam Posts: 2
    Sorry folks, there is no 10 year / 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for Hyundai. It's 6 year / 60,000 miles on 500 PARTS! You can buy a Hyundai extended warranty that will make that 1700 parts if you want. Take a look, if your air conditioner breaks in 3 + years you will be paying to have it repaired! The devil is in the details.
  • Just got my XG 350. A couple of questions. Is there no underhood light? And can the door locks be programed for autolock feature like other manufactures? Thanks.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    No underhood light. I've never seen one on anything other then American cars and maybe high end European cars.
  • The door locks on the XG are different from many other cars in two respects. First, there is no autolock feature and, second, the first push of button remote unlocks ALL of the doors.

I think that Hyundai has made excellent design decisions in both instances. I have had other cars that were designed the other way, and I disliked it in both respects.
  • xgfanxgfan Posts: 1
    Hi folks, are any XG owners experiencing poor paint quality and if so, has anyone opted for a paint shop clear coat? If so, what has been your experience?
  • Yes, 10 year/100,000 mile warranty is mostly for the engine and transmission. It is not for all parts but it does give Hyundai owners little comfort. Even without it, XG is still a good value, I think. I did not care warranty too much when I bought mine because I put about 25000 miles/year. I will use it up in 5 years.
  • I have 2001 XG300L with 29K miles on it. In the last few months, I noticed steering wheel vibration at various speed. I took it to the dealership and balance, tire rotation, and so on. After few attempts, while vibration still exist, the dealership is saying that I need new set of tires and wheel alignment....After all, I replaced front tires, which worn out inner sides and had wheel alignment done in a independent tire shop. HOWEVER, the vibration still existed.
    (It is nociceable around 60MPH, and getting worse if brake appied...) I took it back to the tire shop and re-balance and re-check alignment. Those were OK. The tire shop guy is saying that there are strange noise from front wheel, when shaked in the air. Anyone has similar problem?
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Can anyone who has an 02-04 XG350 let me know what color the gauges are at night? Are they green or white? What about the center console lighting? Thanks!
  • I purchased my XG 350 L in Feb. of 2002. I love the car, but have had strange issues on and off - has anyone else experienced any of the following issues, or have suggestions on how to correct them? I'm just over 60,000 mi, nearly all highway.
    1) Check Engine light - had a real issue at about 10,000 mi ongoing through 30,000, and was difficult to pinpoint - the service tech told me to "stop overfilling the gas", which I NEVER did - they replaced some canister a couple of times, and that helped, and now the only thing I can attribute the occasional daylong flicker of the light to is going through the car wash(?). It seems to shut itself off.
    2) Strange high-pitched whine on deceleration/coasting... the car has always done this, since it was brand new, and the mechanics never seem to "hear" it - what is it?? Do they all make this noise?
    3) Weird "bubbly" or frothy noise when rainwater is on the moonroof. I asked the dealership to check the seals, which they've said are fine. It hasn't leaked, but will it? Just wind noise?
    4)More weirdness - a very strange rattle on slow accelerations - barely heard it a couple of times, a sound just like my old Volvo 4 speed used to make when I tried to drive it in too high a gear. This morning - heard it very distinctly on a gradual incline, and brought it to my own service guy (no more Hyundai dealerships unless absolutely necessary - this guy does it right the first time, and now that I'm at 62,000 mi.. I'd rather go to him)... anyway, he couldn't get the car to reproduce the noise, but I had him do the 60,000 tune up and timing belt change I'm due for(a possibilty for the noise, according to him) to the tune of - ack - $1000. I'll drive it tonight and see if the noise is gone - knock on wood, it is.
    5) Vibrating brakes?? Tires checked out okay, and the Hyundai guy "resurfaced" the brakes which worked great for about 2-3 weeks, but then the vibes started again. Is this some sort of design flaw? Do I need a realignment/totally new brakes?

Any similar experiences out there? I really depend on this car - long-distance commuting. I don't want to hear it's a death rattle I heard!!
  • On the 2004 XG350 the gauge lighting is white and the center console lighting is green. Hope this helps.