Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai XG300 and XG350

Comments

• lucky15lucky15 Posts: 72
    Just recently we had a warm spell where it was in the 60`s, didn`t need the heat or the air cond, I firmly believe now it is in the heating system as there was no rattle when in the off position, I still don`t know how to get to it without having the dash taken apart, the dealership here is pretty good but being out of warranty, it could be 6 or 7 hours of labor taking the dash out and finding the rattle and then putting the dash back together again at close to $70.00 per hour. Other than the rattle, I love the car, it has been near perfect, especially love the easy out feature on the drivers seat. I am going to the dealers soon and see if they have a schematic of the dash on their computer to try and narrow the rattle down, I will posts any results.
  • Sounds familiar. Every fall I have the same thing, and I've had it with multiple cars. My house is surrounded by trees, and when the leaves fall, pieces slip through the intake vents. Over time, the fan either breaks them up or they just corrode away. It took about a month this year. Give it some time.
  • how do you remove the rear deck speakers on a xg350l
  • I have a 2004 XG350L that I bought as a demo with 9100 miles on it and had it one year and I my radio started coming on by itself and then it would cut out on stations intermittently. At this point I had 31,000 mile on it. It was replaced under warranty and worked fine until one year later it started doing the same thing again. My dealer would not fix it stating I was out of the warranty period. I then called Hyundia in California and set up a case to see if they would fix it. After a month and 5 calls for status on what they were going to do they said no. I told them that they lost a up to this point a happy customer and that I would not recommend a Hyundai to anyone. I use to work in the auto industry to and know they could have done something to keep a customer happy, but they don't care. I have checked several websites and have seen that there are many people who are not happy with their cars or the dealers that sell them. I was thinking of buying an Azera, but have dumped that idea. Too bad they don't stand behind their product.
  • wwertswwerts Posts: 1
    My wife has a 2004 Hyundai XG350L. At 100602 miles her accelerator sensor went. We had to have it towed 50 miles to the garage where we bought it. The bill was $468.28. That was January 8th, 2008. On February 29th, 2008 her engine light came on again, she heard knocking in the engine and immediately shut it off. Once again we had to have it towed about 60 miles to the dealer where we purchased it. We had never owned a Hyundai before but were told they were good vehicles so we decided to try it out. My wife drives all highway miles and has been religious about maintenance with all records to prove it. This time there was a screw that came out of the intake valve and dropped down into the cylinder head. Because she shut it off immediately there was no more damage. This bill was $1685.40. Now I realize that it is over the warranty by 4000 mile but come on. I called Hyundai on 1-28-08 and gave them all the info and they gave me a case number to which I have heard nothing to date. Now I'm going to call them about this issue also. This is a long winded plea from me I guess to find out if anyone has any idea how I get in touch with the district manager for the state of Maine area. Corporate does not seem to be responding so I am thinking next step up. Any ideas or information would be very helpful because at this point unless I hear from some one from Hyundai and get some a positive response this will be the last Hyundai we will own. :mad:
  • wcw1wcw1 Posts: 44
    edmund6
    "I have a 02 xg350l and in the maintenance log in the manual it says to replace the fuel filter every 52,000 miles.Took it to the dealer for regualer check up they said it is a part of my fuel system wich meens it is perminant or it would cost $500 to replace.Seems odd it would say to replace it in my owners manual when they say you dont need to or they are wrong. Can annyone explain? hit me back if so"

It shows how to replace the fuel filter in the online service manual:
    http://www.hmaservice.com/
  • mfbrdbmfbrdb Posts: 1
    Glad I found this forum and realized it's just not me who has a problem with continual warped rotors. In just 40,000 miles I had had my car back to the dealer for this problem. 3 times and now at 52,000 they need either replaced again or turned down. Yes..I read where the new model of the XG's were replaced from a 10.5" rotor to a 12"...but where does that leave someone like me who has a car with the smaller rotors? I am just to live with this?
    The service dept just keep blaming me saying I am causing the problem becuase I must not be driving right (riding the brakes) Give me a break..I have been driving for 40yrs and owned many cars and never had a problem like this.

My question is...has anyone ever had luck with Hyundai addressing this problem with owners who are continually having this problem? Now that the car is out of warranty..I am not a happy camper .
    I'm not a mechanic..but can you change out the brake system to use the 12" rotors on the older XG's that had the 10.5 in?

Or is this something I am just going to have to live with?
  • brucec2brucec2 Posts: 2
    No, it's not your driving. I also have been driving for 40+ years. I have a 03 and rotors don't hold up. On my third set at 44k. Went to a ceramic set of pads this time around. Should be easier on the rotors and not a difficult job to change pads a little more often. Researched your 12" rotor change out, as I thought of the same thing. Have not found much info yet. Good luck to both of us and the many others. Dealer happy to take our $450-500 for new brakes ever time we come in.
  • fndagubafndaguba Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have 2001 Hyundai XG300. The engine light is on and I took it a workshop and was told that the code is P O--715. Please, could anyone explain the meaning of this code and what I should do? Thanks for your input.
  • brucec2brucec2 Posts: 2
    Looking back over some of these old posts as I am a fairly new member. What a great reply. You are so right. Since the day these computers showed up in our cars, I have never jumped another car.
  • shumandushumandu Posts: 7
    XG's are great cars but prone to several serious ongoing issues. One is a poor throttle system. The throttle position sensor can go bad or act up. Your problem could be caused by a faulty ignition coil. The ones under the plenum in the front of the car seem prone to moisture problems if they have spider cracks in them from heat and age. If the coils were not replaced during your recent tune up this could be the cause of your problem.
  • Hi everyone,
    I have been a proud owner of an 2001 XG300 since the past one year and never faced a problem. however, a couple of months ago, my malfunction light came on. I took it to the dealer and got it checked, but it had gone off by then so was asked to come back when it came back on. about a month back, i started having the problem, where the engine seemed to jerk when the car was at halt but in the drive position. when the light finally came on again 15 days back, i took the car back to the dealer and he told me that there was a problem of cylinder 4 misfiring. paid a 170 bucks for a new recoil for cylinder 4. but the problem of jerking persisted and since no light was coming on, i was told to come back when the light comes on. It came on a couple of days back and took it back to my dealers, this time, the car gave the following errors P1191, P1193. with the messages
    Limp Home System Fault and Limp Home on Low RPM. I couldn't get a quote of what was to be replaced as the place was shutting down and have been told to come in next week.

Could someone please tell me exactly, if they faced the same problem, what could the problem be, what part needs to be replaced and perhaps how much would the past cost?

Thanks,
    Amit.
  • mikenewbmikenewb Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 XG350. Has anyone replaced the lights that illuminate the trip computer in the dash on the center console?
  • mikenewbmikenewb Posts: 2
    Well, I guess Im answering my own question. I did it myself with no problem. Very easy to do, and saved me about a hundred dollars letting the dealership doing it. If anyone needs to replace them, give me a hollar..
  • liz26liz26 Posts: 1
    I have an opportunity to buy a 2001 Hyundai XG300 for $5,200.00, 116,000 km. It's in great shape! I'm just a city driver....should I consider this since? I don't have much experience with Hyundai's and would really appreciate an opinion from someone who owns a similar vehicle. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • lucky15lucky15 Posts: 72
    The 2001 and 2002 XG300`s were the first of this model, those two had quite a few problems that they seemed to have worked out in the 2003`s and so on, I personally would avoid this model. I have a 2004 XG350L and it has been relatively trouble free since I have owned it.
  • mark149mark149 Posts: 7
    Hello all, I am about to change the rear shocks on my XG and I am womdering about the mount kits I see being sold. The car has 88.ooo miles and the rear is making a loud banging over bumps. Has anyone had this problem? I will be able to do this repair as I do have the tools. Thanks Mark
  • biglar1biglar1 Posts: 8
    The banging is the strut bushing. I had the dealer do the job, and it was about $200.
  • mark149mark149 Posts: 7
    Thanks for your help
  • Hey, im curious how to do this. Your talking about the screen in the center above the cd player correct? The middle of mine seems to be fading out. Please help