Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-5 Sedan

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    The Advanced Search is really a very easy way to find posts within a discussion. Have you tried it bretfraz? It's relatively new.

If you have other questions of this nature tricitysam, drop me an email.

:-)
  • Does anyone have an idea of how much the cost will be for the 30,000 mile and 50,000 servicing?
  • ejh00ejh00 Posts: 6
    Jerry:

I actually live in Eastern Mass., not far from Boston on the North Shore. Although I got fair prices in person from 128 Saab in Wakefield and a reasonable phone quote from Village Saab in Acton, I ended up buying from Saab Nashua North. They have an extensive inventory and move a fair number of vehicles. Check out their web site for info (www.saabnashuanorth.com); they still have a few 02s left, but not many. (my 2002 model was still up on the site last week). If you decide to go there please let me know first and I'll put your name on a referral form they give all buyers. If you buy I get a small bonus.

By the way, I like the red a lot now that I've driven her 500 miles. Good luck.
  • In reading web site lit on the Saab 9-5 Aero, does it have an "outside temp" display anywhere??
  • rob999rob999 Posts: 233
    Re: Outside Temp Reading - YES - displayed on the SID (Saab Info Display) just above the radio. The SID lets you scroll thru different info, (trip mileage, avg speed, avg mpg, distance to empty, more ...) Usually ours is left at the date/time/temp display.
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Posts: 181
    Thanks for the response, glad that you are happy with your new Saab, no doubt you will enjoy it for many years to come. I had my last Saab for 11 years ('95 900S) and my son-in-law (now my ex son in law) drove it for another 4, guess you might conclude Sabbs are more durable than son in laws.

I am about 6 to 8 weeks away from a purchase, 02's will no doubt be gone by then, so I will be looking at the 03's.

I have bookmarked your response and if I go to NH,
    I will contact you first.

Thanks for the information and good luck with the Aero.

Jerry
    "Saabs are more durable than son in laws"

LOL!!
    My last Saab was an '85 900S...non turbo but I enjoyed every mile...
  • I was looking at a '02 Aero with 5,000 miles, priced at just under $30K, this sites TMV says FMV is in the $28K range from a private party. Car appears perfect. $30K too much?
  • bretfrazbretfraz Posts: 2,021
    Its a starting point but seems to be pretty close to what they're going for. Without knowing all the details you might want to shoot for $29K. That way everyone goes home happy.
  • Its loaded, and you can't tell it from a zero miles car. I did some research, and there were 5 low mileage aeros that went through dealer auctions in the 4th quarter, and averaged $30,500...so I'm thinking I'm gonna pull the trigger.
  • ejh00ejh00 Posts: 6
    I'd say you're in a good price range for an '02 Aero. The only concern is that those cars are former loaners (they call them "executive cars", which makes it sound like some Saab VP drove them). You never know what you'll see long term until you start to drive it. That said, you'll get the balance of the warranty so everything during that time will be covered. My last car was a leased '00 9-5 SE loaner that had 8.8K miles. I drove it 50K more in less than 3 yrs, and never had a problem other than the common '00 issues - all of which were covered. Last month, with it out of warranty and over on miles (and deals so good) I decided to turn it in early to buy a new '02 Aero (see my earlier posts). So you should be ok. Remember: it's a well-proven, high-performance $40-42K car for nearly one-third off. Gotta like that :-)

BTW - what color?
  • Hi - Does anyone have info on the latest SAAB dealer incentives (Jan 2003)? It seems like there is conflicting information on the various web sites (if at all). I am considering an 03 AERO with 0% financing or a leftover 02 9-3 convertible with 4.X% financing.
  • Red like yours. I didn't have much luck finding low mileage or zero '02's around, so I did the deal. May have been able to work another $500, maybe not. I could have waited another 4 or 5 mos before making a move, but who knows when the incentives go away. I think its a fair price.
  • I know there was quite a bit of discussion on Saabnet, but no concensus, regarding brake dust.

Have any of you used EBC pads and found them to greatly reduce dust?
    I switched to EBC brake pads after owning the car for 4 months and they significantly reduced the amount of brake dust. Have had them on for about 6 months. They've worked out really well and I have no side issues with them at all. Changed them myself, too.
    I am considering '03 Linear w/Prem pkg. (MSRP about $38.6k) Saab City in Framingham MA is advertising for $29991.

Is low $30's a reasonable expectation with current dealer incentives?

Jerry
    If the advertised price of $29,991 also includes an auto trans that's a pretty decent price.

AFAIK - current incentives for Linear sedan = $5K, Wagon = $4K
    Rob

It does include auto.

I knew I could count on fellow Subaru owners to help me out on this...currently have '02 Forester and '00 Outback Ltd. Outback has 59k miles and plan to transfer to my daughter.

I have had three Subarus great cars.

What is AFAIK?

Also it seems that many Saab owners also have Subarus (or vice versa, this will be my second Saab)

Thanks

Jerry
    As Far As I Know

:-)