Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Honda Odyssey Discussion

I'd like to open discussion for 2011 Honda Odyssey. We all have seen the pictures from Chicago Auto Show. I am sure more details will be trickling in coming days and weeks. Any ideas when we will see this in showrooms in the US?

Comments

• I visited a Honda dealer yesterday, and the salesman told me the 2011 wouldn't be available untill fall.
  • Does anyone know if Honda finally addressed their issues with road/wind noise for the 2011 model. I currently own a 2000 model and the noise has driven us kind of nutty for ten years. I am still reading the same complaints for the 2010 model . Geez, is it that difficult to make a quieter cabin?
  • hogan773hogan773 Posts: 255
    Hey people - there is NO 2011 Odyssey yet! All that has been shown is a "concept" car mockup which didn't even have a full interior. While the concept is often pretty close to the actual which we'll see next fall - asking questions like "did they fix the wind noise problem" is too premature - you need to wait until the Fall to see the actual car......
  • Fine, excuse me.
  • It looks similar to the Elyson in Japan. http://www.batfa.com/
    Can we expect a 6-speed tranny to avoid problems. Will there be a standard 4 cylinder & optional 6; the sane as in the 2011 Toyota Sienna?
  • Well, I hope they do fix the noise problem....they have had enough time to address it. Any thoughts on awd? I would love to have another choice from the 2011 Sienna, especially if it is as good looking as the "concept" shown.
    I just got my new 2010 EXL-RES today and love it thus far. I didn't think the noise at 80mph was anything odd, or different than my Pilot. Yes there was some tire and wind noise, but nothing crazy. No, its not a Lexus I guess.
  • dbtdbt Posts: 298
    I agree with Hogan that it would be premature to know whether Honda has addressed the wind noise in the 2011 - all we have seen is the exterior, and the "Futuristic Concept / Invisible Seatback" interior.

However, that said, wind noise has been a consistent problem of Hondas for a while. With the new Crosstour, Honda has implemented a lot of the sound-deadening materials from Acura, and the result is a more refined feel. We could speculate on whether that will happen for the 2011 Ody, but we could certainly plead for it here on these fora.

As to AWD, I personally doubt it quite a bit. I'm in Minnesota, and would welcome it. I also have an AWD Pilot right now. But, I think we're more minority than we realize. But, I'm just speculating.

I'd put the arrival in mid-to-late September / early October. Dealers should get ordering info probably around July. Then we'll know the model lineup more. As to wind noise, we'll have to wait for reviews.
    I'm moving to the Odyssey from a Pilot - so maybe I am just used to Honda wind noise.......the Pilot also had quite a bit of tire noise, I think.

I was cruising down the highway last night at 80mph with the two kiddies watching a movie - ride was nice and smooth and relatively quiet (to me). I thought - how lucky are these kids getting shuttled in luxury while they watch Shrek. When I was little, we piled into the back (the way-back, not the back seat) of a Volvo station wagon for a long trip.......
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,367
    I currently have a Pilot. I would buy an AWD Odyssey in a second. Wouldn't think twice. Just in case Honda is listening...
  • We bought a 2010 Odyssey in October of '09 just after renting a Sienna for a week.
    While the Odyssey had a bit more road noise than the Siennia, the fit and finish and engine/driveline smoothness of the Honda easily won us over. Consumer Reports has complained about "road noise" in Honda's for years and Honda has chosen not to do anything about it. Again, for us, the noise on the road wasn't objectionable.

A final interesting note: a couple of weeks ago I did a gas mileage check just after the first oil change (where I changed to Amsoil Synthetic oil) and added a K&N airfilter. I set the cruise at 65 MPH, no A/C, drove approximately 95 miles on a very flat I-5 from Sacramento, CA to Stockton, CA and got 29.1 MPG. I guess Honda's multi-displacement electronics work....most of the time the "ECO" light was on!
  • I saw someone on another forum say May, but others say Fall - anyone have any sense. My wife test drove the 10 Ody and the 11 Sienna, and preferred the Ody by quite a bit, but we need a new car real soon, and am not sure we can wait.
    Let's just say that the Chicago reveal did not have a finished interior. Having one manufactured by May - not too likely imo.

We'll know more definitively when the final buildout for the 10s occurs. I haven't seen any indication that has happened yet.
  • I thought I had just about settled on the Sienna a few months back, but after watching a few of the videos from Chicago Auto Show we will probably wait for the 2011 Odyssey. I just hope the FWY noise issue will be taken care of, we experience a bit of that in our Accord.
    28 MPG HWY estimated, that would be great, anyone think it's possible?
  • ajseaglesajseagles Posts: 13
    I am hearing that the redesign is not as imminent as we may have thought. Anyone have any absolute knowledge one way or the other?
  • This is from their website, I believe they were shooting for a 2011 model year to compete with Toyota's new Sienna. Maybe they will do a 2012 model year and release early 2011?

http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey-concept/
    Note - the title of that website is "2011 Odyssey concept" (and that's model year).
  • bobber1bobber1 Posts: 217
    This design is growing on me. Will be interested in seeing what the interior looks like.

My 07 has been bullet proof however and current plans are to drive another 17 years.
  • bobber1bobber1 Posts: 217
    :)

Well I figure my wife may want something different by then and the last kid will be out of the house in another 15 years. ;)