Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Honda Odyssey Discussion

Comments

• Thanks for the info., this will help alot.
  • gene00gene00 Posts: 113
    edited October 2010
    Looking at the $2500 price difference between the touring and the elite, and the relatively minor upgrades (more like wish list items than must-haves), I'm thinking that the elite is intended to be a high-profit model that won't see much in the way of discounts. For those buyers with lots of money who decide on a minivan and 'have to have the best' the elite fits the bill. Plus those types of buyers are less likely to negotiate hard on the price. Seeing that people are getting nice discounts on the touring (on the east coast at least, effectively making the price difference $5000), but not on the elite bears this out. I know there aren't many of them out there, but I'll bet they're planning on making a modest number of them to keep them scarce, desirable, and near msrp. Selling one elite at msrp makes as much profit as selling a dozen tourings at a discount. I'd be surprised to see any significant discounts on the elite before next summer, so waiting a few months may not help. imho.
  • I'm picking up my Elite tomorrow morning. $39,915 plus they gave me $21,000 trade for my '07 Touring. Not all dealers are asking MSRP.
  • rebelduke, Which location and who is the dealer?
  • mikescmikesc Posts: 18
    Can you break that $39,915 down on the Elite and add doc fees, destination and whatever else there was? I'm thinking of getting a Touring, but that's not a bad price if I can get someone in the Dallas area to match. Thanks.
  • queenv1queenv1 Posts: 53
    It just happened. I thought I would just check things out and it's a good thing I had my car cost canada papers with me because we were able to get down to the nitty gritty. My current 1995 Odyssey is still running and I will keep it for as long as it will run. This Odyssey will serve me well as I venture across Canada as I have done with my 1995 at least 5 times. I was hoping for a red colour like my Burgundy 1985 but red is out for all trims in 2011. So light blue it was. Sometimes you just have to let go of the old to make room for the new. Picking it up Thursday.

QV
  • queenv1queenv1 Posts: 53
    The black one does but not the light blue one which I just bought.
  • Trim: Touring Elite - Dark Cherry Pearl
    Vehicle Price: $39,915.00
    Destination: $770.00
    Doc Fees: $299.50
    Taxes: $300.00
    Tags: $35.00
    2007 Touring Trade (46,500 miles): $21,500

Total OTD: $41,319.50
  • I picked up my Elite yesterday so I don't have a lot of driving time with it. However, I think the dial control for the Nav(and other functions) is a big plus. It's intuitive and I found I didn't have to look down to use the control. That coupled with the sharp display makes this system a significant improvement for me. On my 2007, the touch screen could be a pain at times to ensure selecting the correct alpha characters when entering addresses and performing other display functions. Quoting from above "With the 2008-2010 all you had to do was watch you fingers do the work and look at the screen the whole time". With the 2011 all you have to do is watch the screen the whole time. You don't have to watch your wrist do the work. Again, just my opinion based on limited experience with the system but it's a winner as far as I'm concerned..
  • Correction - The dealer gave me $21,500 in trade not $21,000 as in my original post.
  • Upstate South Carolina. I'll send you a PM if I can do that in this forum and if I can figure it out!
  • sinctsinct Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I just bought a 2011 Odyssey EX-L with RES for $35020 in MA. That is $1800 under MSRP. I traded in a 2002 Ody EX-L with RES and 140,000 for $4500. The '02 was in fair condition (small dents and scrapes among other things) but was also experiencing the dreaded early 2000's transmission problems (see Odyclub Forum). Kbb and Edmunds pegged the value at $3700-$3800 trade in so I took the deal. The price also included a lifetime warranty for the first owner on the powertrain and transmission. I told the wife its the only way I would buy the Honda because of how they left owners of the early 2000's hanging in the wind. The warranty is only offered by a few dealers and is not predicated on the fact of having maintenance done at that dealer. It can be done at any shop , anywhere, anytime. It is an insurance contract so the dealer can go out of business at anytime with the contract still remaining in force. We try to keep our cars for 10 years so we will see how this plays out. The fix on the '02 was between $3800- $4900. Fugetaboutit. The Ody is great , my wife loves it. Drives and handles better in my opinion that the two previous generations. Quieter below 50 mph also. The interior up front is better than the Sienna ( test driven also). The front of the Sienna looks a lot cheaper, again my opinion. Some things Honda missed the boat on- no rails(its a van, its supposed to carry things), black side mirrors, second row middle seatback needs to be recontoured so the chairs have inside armrests, and the back outlet should be covered. They should bring the rear side covered cubbyholds back. It looks better in person than in pictures, we got a dark color, Topaz, and I personally think that makes it look better also. Get addons (mudflaps, bodyside mouldings, rubber floor mats, etc) from Bernardi. Way cheaper and easy to put in or on. It came with the better Michelin tires as I have seen posts here about them being equipped with cheaper ones. The best price for the same 2010 Ody I could get around here in CT. was $32000 and not as much for the trade. It also would have been at another dealer without the lifetime warranty.
  • Can you explain how the blind spot indicator works? Does it seem useful or annoying?
  • poryanporyan Posts: 3
    Due to the non-negotiable terms and unavailability of the 2011 Odyssey, my wife and I are considering the Sienna. I have never owned a car that is not a Honda but need a Van sooner than later.
    What are your opinions on the 2011 Sienna Vs the Odyssey?
  • Based on only a 25 mile ride from the dealer to my house, it seems to work very well. There are indicating lights on the front left and right pillars that light up when a car is in the blind spot. The system can be turned off. There was no audible indication such as a beep or buzz but this may be an adjustment or setting I haven't found yet. There are about 5 - 6 manuals to read. The owners manual alone is over 700 pages! It's going to take me a while
    You're right and I'm surprised, but your purchase price is closer to $42k than $39.9 when your trade is factored in. Still, that's $2k under MSRP, better than I would have thought.
    Have you tried emailing the internet sales managers at your 8-10 closest dealers with the exact specs & deal you want? Saves lots of legwork.
  • vrmvrm Posts: 303
    edited October 2010
    It is unacceptable that a vehicle (EX) costing $30,000 comes without factory installed roof rails.

I would ask the dealer to install the roof rails as part of the deal. If the dealer says no, leave skid marks on the dealers carpet!

Honda did not cut corners here. Honda took an ax and chopped off the corner.
  • Sienna has a beam rear axle vs. independent in Odyssey. That's a significant difference as far as control, handling, and ride and enough for me to pass on the Toyota.
  • loucapriloucapri Posts: 214
    as a former 2004 sienna owner, I am also need a van due to a recent accident. Anyway, almost all buyers here has been comparing sienna and odyssey and I think it really denpends on what you want.

We all agreed (I assumed) Honda has better stuffs inside but the look? either you like it or you don't. Sienna, look is ok, but can it be too common? Inside? CHEAP looking (my 04 has better look and feel compares to the new 2011).

To me, I really like the 3rd row sunshade and windows that can be opened in the Sienna. Also they have both headphone jack and volume on both side in 3rd row (xle with DVD model). The dual screen is great. However, it is not easy to get into the 3rd row.

Odyssey came in a little late so really, the price is still hight, good look and feel inside the dash. Like the cool box idea. Won't get 3rd sunshade unless you step up to touring. Also 3rd row windows has no vent. no dual screen unless touring elite

Right now, I am pointing to Odyssey because of the 2nd row config, I can give up the smaller DVD, no 3rd sunshade and vent but it just feel more comfortable. The one thing holding me up is the price, I can get sienna for near invoice but not the odyssey up in seattle.

that's a few thousand $ different. so I am waiting...