Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Genesis Sedan

13»

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    If you are used to a RWD car I would say yes. There was a thread on this somewhere here or on another forum. When I get a chance ill look it up for you.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• I have a 3.6 with less than 1000 miles that has been in the shop twice for this issue. When accelerating from stop or crawl, vehicle intermittently hesitates in acceleration (no rpms), then all of a sudden it catches hold and lurches forward at greater than anticipated speed as I have accelerated more since it didn't move forward initially upon pressing the accelerator. On one instance, I thought the engine had died. It's been in the shop twice and each time they indicated they couldn't get it to replicate my problem. Thus, they made no adjustment. It seems to be doing it less as I get more miles on it, but is still doing it less frequently. Any input would be appreciated.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Posts: 303
    How long did they keep your car? On an intermittent issue such as this one, you might to let them hold the car for several days to see if they can duplicate the issue. It would be no good for them to adjust something if they don't know what to adjust in the first place. I had a customer come in with an intermittent issue with her a/c and kept her vehicle for 2 weeks unable to duplicate her concern, I have not seen her since. If you trust the service team at that dealership, than let them hold onto your car for a couple days if you haven't already.
    hen accelerating from stop or crawl, vehicle intermittently hesitates in acceleration (no rpms), then all of a sudden it catches hold and lurches forward at greater than anticipated speed as I have accelerated more since it didn't move forward initially upon pressing the accelerator.

This is due to the transmission logic. The car is in a higher gear and it holds it as long as possible for fuel economy. My car does it too and my previous car (06 Toyota Avalon with an Aisin transmission like the Gen) did it as well. After driving the car for a while you can get used to it and feather the gas just right to almost avoid it all together.

This sounds crazy, but there is one way to get the computer to downshift a little faster. Since the tranny "learns" your driving behavior, when you drive with light foot it holds the gear as long as possible. Within reason (in a safe place) be a little hard on the car (a few full throttle applications) and the computer usually will downshift a little faster eliminating the "lag".

• I've had a similar experience. It almost feels like the car is out of gear and then goes into gear while I feather the accelerator.

http://mygenesisblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-blog.html
  • I just recently resolved the latent accelerator issue. It took 4 times into the dealership before they sent a factory engineer to the rescue. It turned out to be related to my driving/braking pattern and a new safety feature on the vehicle. I brake most of the time with my left foot and accelerate with my right. The Genesis and many new vehicles I am told have a sensor that prevents one from accelerating while the brake pedal is being depressed. Since I am a "two footer" and brake with my left, when I am at stop or in slow traffic I keep my left poised on the brake, thus it precludes my ability to accelerate until I completely remove my foot from the brake. Since learning of this by the factory rep I have not had any issues.
  • That's interesting. I am starting to feel like either my car has gotten better about throttle response or I'm getting used to it. I guess it'll get better over time.
  • fc3wfc3w Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 4.6 Genesis but have not picked it up yet. During the test drive the adaptive cruise worked fine. However, it slowed down a considerable distance from the car ahead, which in some situations could be a problem. After the fact, I wondered whether this feature has a sensitivity adjustment or can be turned off at the driver's discretion. I didn't have a chance to ask salesman although I doubt he would have known. Can anyone help me with this question?
  • pulone1pulone1 Posts: 1
    why so many loaners? problems with your '09?

b
    Yes,
    I've had it randomly die on me, (dealer was stumped, Hyundai corporate said to clean and re-torque all grounds) hasn't done it since.

Various interior trim pieces needed to be replaced (b-pillars tore, sunvisor light died)

the power tilt/telescopic wheel problems (still not fixed, has a mind of its own)

power passenger seat spit out parts from underneath

The engine makes some really nasty noises on startup (dealer claims normal).

My dealer also offers loaner for oil changes. Add all this up and you can see why I've had my share of loaners. I've driven just about every Genesis combo out there.

12 months and one week to go on the lease, :) :) :) :)

• gdblakegdblake Posts: 18
    I have a 2011 4.6l Genesis, too. The adaptive cruise control has a 3 option setting to set the distance you desire from the car ahead. I haven't had any trouble with mine and I usually use the middle distance spacing.
13»