Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 3-Series 2005 and earlier

Comments

• aaa330iaaa330i Posts: 63
    Always a bit of truth in humor.
  • postoakpostoak Posts: 537
    Can you anser my earlier question: If you do an ED can you order "a la carte" so to speak? I would like the sport suspension, the sport seats, but not the sport wheels/tires? In a (much) earlier post someone said that in Germany the cars weren't sold with packages, that every item was available on a pick and choose basis. Can you do that when you do an ED?
    Is the red on the Z3 the same red as on the 325i?
  • khoonkhoon Posts: 85
    Jason, aaa330i, thanks for the response! My dealer confirmed the post March standard features as well. However, I don't believe the HK radio is standard yet. It's a $500 option.
    For the 330i & 330ci, the HS is standard after March 1. I'm not sure about the 325, but you can check out the www.bmwusa.com site.
  • fuzzofuzzo Posts: 88
    When shopping for a new car, did anyone reseach other options like the C-class and the IS300?

Can you tell me what made you go with the BMW?

Thanks in advance
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I think that would make a great comparison discussion. If you'd like, come over to the Comparisons - Sedans vs. Sedans folder (click on that link) and get it started. I'll come back to all three discussions and invite the participants to join us by providing a link to the new conversation.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
  • kominskykominsky Posts: 850
    Some of you may remember a couple of months ago when I posted my first impressions on my car, I had mixed reviews on the xenon headlights. They throw a brilliant path of light horizontally, but had an abrupt cut-off vertically. I found this to be a bit disconcerting on the roads I frequent. S.E. PA farm roads are basically paved over deer trails... many rises and drops, often mid-corner. The lack of vertical light has me driving into the unknown in these situations. Well, early this morning (~3am), driving home from work, weather conditions were miserable. Rain and fog were 'on tap' aplenty. I found that the light pattern of the xenons was perfect for these conditions. I was driving at speeds that never would have been considered in any other car I've ever owned and never felt I out-drove the headlights potential. In fact, I didn't even think about turning the foglights on until I was about 1/2 way home and when I did, the rewards were little. I now would, with 100% certainty, recommend the xenons to anyone who's unsure.
    IS300 - no manual transmission -- that eliminates it from consideration for most of us.

C class - only the 240 has the manual transmission. I test drove one. I just felt that too much emphasis was placed on the luxury aspect and not enough on the performance aspect of the car. I, personally, don't want to spend money on a system for bailing me out of trouble if I break down. I'm more interested in good braking, good steering, and a tight suspension.
  • alpine325ialpine325i Posts: 209
    I Drove the C class and the IS300. I chose the BMW because of the overall design, layout, and feel. Interior: The controls are beautifully laid out and are easy to see and use, plus the there seems like alot of room for such a small car! Exterior: The car looks like it's moving fast when standing still!, another beautifull design! Then after the test drive it was definitely a no brainer! It did feel like The Ultimate Driving Machine! :o)
  • yeeehayeeeha Posts: 33
    Awhile back, someone asked about getting the VIN if you only had the production #. Just following up...Once you know the production #, you can register with the BMWNA Owners Circle. Once registered, you can click on your information, and it will have the VIN number.
  • frank69mfrank69m Posts: 63
    Mercedes: get the sports model if you choose this. Steering won't and handling won't feel as tight, but will feel a little more roomy and luxurious than the 330. fully loaded C320 sport ...slightly more expensive than a fully loaded 330i.

IS300: This is the wannabe BMW. It looks like crap, especially the clearlights in the back. It has the drilled pedals to make it look sporty. Sorry, my rx7 will dust this piece of crap.

330i: Just buy it. Nuff said. Looks better than all the rest.

M3 Frank
  • jpcbeardenjpcbearden Posts: 37
    go to bmwusa.com. you can choose a model (or go to virtual center), then click on "build your own bmw", then you can choose the color, interior, whatever you want. you'll have a rough idea of what the car looks like. they also tell you what colors they have for the car.
  • parumpparump Posts: 65
    Evidently, the trunk floor liner can be reversed so that the rubber coated side faces upwards. This might help to reduce items from sliding across the trunk during spirited driving. Has anyone tried this?

Getz,

Good luck on your boards!

Parump
    The owner's circle has been down all day so I haven't been able to view the exact same status update multiple times throughout the day!

I wish there was an ETA date on there.
    just checked on the web. the z3 roaster 2.5i has siena red and bright red. they should be the same as 325i.
    Thanks, I didn't think of checking the color names. I've kind of lost interest in actually LOOKING at colors on my computer -- they don't really look like the real thing. That's why I made an actual trek down to the dealership.
    you are right. we too actually went to the dealer a few times just to check out the color. even with the same color, it usally looks better on the z3 than 325i, though.
  • micgamicga Posts: 56
    mfeldman - I notice the exact same thing with my new 325i
  • breaking80breaking80 Posts: 8
    If you don't mind me asking, what med school are you in and what is your intended specialty?
    I was in your shoes (re: step 1) seven years ago.. fortunately, there wasn't much of internet as a distraction.