Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 sonata jackrabbit starts

2»

Comments

• thanks Vince 17

yes, i think its exactly the same issue- i just stated my problem in a very "non-technical" way. acceleration was not smooth at all... and at around 40-50km/hour, i feel car not responding at all if i press the accelerator. so im having to press down on the accelerator or keeping the same speed for long time before accelerating.

ill take it to the dealer and try to explain the problem. hopefully the reproramming will improve the situation. i really like the car otherwise..so lets see..
  • Vince, is this a recall as in get a letter in the mail or do you have to ask the dealer about it? I've heard nothing in Canada.
  • I have a 2008 Sonata GLS with a 2.4. The throttle is extremely touchy indeed. I've been driving it roughly 2.5 months and I'm still getting used to it. Occasionally, I still have an unwanted "jackrabbit start", most often (for some reason) when I'm in reverse. I wish it weren't so, but I doubt it will ever change.
  • Hey old guy, When I brought the car in for inspection this december the dealer said "We have a recall for the transmisson so we are going to fix it now".They said it was a new recall even before a mailing was sent out.The tech did something with an electronic program I think.Anyhow I hurt my neck while excellerating,the car sometimes has a delay or just takes off.Went yesterday to look at other cars,Hope that helps you ,Vince
  • Greetings Ostracized, I am a bit fustrated at times with the lack of "smooth accerleration"My 2003 Kia Sedona (sister company to Hyundai) starts and speeds up smooth and fast without delays or jumps,wish my Sonata did too. Vince
2»