Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330

Comments

• kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    Not only will the engine have more power, but the MY2007 ES350 will have better options, new body stsyle etc.
  • y2kgusy2kgus Posts: 1
    People...This is a real problem in this model. It's a horrific shifting vehicle. My wife & I have owned multiple Luxury brands. Benz, Infinity, Range Rover etc. and this is as bad as it gets. I can shift smoother with my old Triumph sports car. The 3 times I took it in to my Lexus Dealer (Last time was 5/02/05)has resulted in "We know about the problem but we can't fix it" The service person handed me a "TSIB dated Aug 4 2003 TC004-03" which dictated a long list of procedures to follow for the "HARSH ATM shifting" So as you can see this is serious. We are attempting to make Lexus reimburse us for all our payments and eat the car back in to their inventory. We are furious with the misrepresentation since we bought after the Aug 4 2003. (Bought in Oct 2004) The salesperson told us to drive around in the 4 speed mode and that it would get smoother as the trans "learns your driving characteristics" Obviously a pre-existing condition...Gus
  • ruby1ruby1 Posts: 8
    I just had the "updated" software loaded in my car (ES 330 2005). It seems to have helped a little but the hesitation problem is still there. This is really the first problem that I've had with a Toyota product. I guess I'll just have to put up with it for the next 3 years.
    Someone posted a link to the article in the Pittsburgh paper around April 12th. I would suggest printing it out and taking it to your dealership. Good luck to all with this problem!
  • Were you able to turn the light off? Wife has an IS300 and the dealer wants $104.00 to change the oil, Guess I'll be doing it but need to turn the light off.
  • wasabi911wasabi911 Posts: 29
    On a similar note...I’m currently leasing a 2005 Lexus ES330. When you lease a car, are you required to have the car serviced by a Lexus dealer? Since the dealer is 20 miles away, it would be much more convenient to go to a local auto shop to have a simple maintenance performed.

Furthermore, if I were to go to a local auto shop, is there a way for them to reset the service maintenance light on the dashboard?

Thanks.
  • lepfloridalepflorida Posts: 7
    Sorry for not responding right away, I am new to these forums. To answer your question, I consulted with a lawyer neighbor of mine who said that as long as I had documentation, I could just follow the Lemon law process on my own - which I did. Update, I received the call (yesterday) to drop-off the vehicle today at 3:00. They confirmed that they had my check waiting for me. I will keep you posted.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    NO, you don't need to service a leased Lexus at a Lexus dealer. You can take it anywhere where you want to or even do the servicing yourself. Just keep records.
    An independent person inspected the vehicle one final time today at the Lexus dealership and then handed me a check for nearly $5,700 after driving the leased ES330 for nearly 20 months. It is nice to know the Lemon Law process works. In the end, I am just happy I did not get into an accident with this vehicle.

FYI, Lexus seemed much more receptive to taking me serious once we were nearing the arbitration hearing date. Having said that, I must say that Lexus treated me with respect throughout most of the process. Especially, once they realized I had all of my documentation in order.

I wish you all a safe ride and efficient resolution.
  • scoti1scoti1 Posts: 676
    Congrats!

BTW, what did you get to replace the Lexus?
  • silleck330silleck330 Posts: 19
    My 2005 ES 330 is a sweet machine. Shifts very fine for my driving style.
  • billodbillod Posts: 31
    To reset the Maintenance light all you have to do is the following:

1. In the odometer window there are three choices; ODO, Trip A & Trip B.
    Select the ODO option.
    2. Turn the key to the ON position but do not start the engine.
    3. Press and hold the reset button in the odometer window.

That's all there is to it. The maintenance light will go out.
  • lievliev Posts: 93
    what are you talking about? when I clicked on the site it took me to the site but I could not read because the only things I see are the car and whole bunch of squares and a few Japanese characters that have no meaning to me. You must be a Japanese then? I'm not.
    Scoti! - Thanks. I purchased a 2005 Acura TL and am VERY happy. It rides well and the bluetooth technology works well. Acura was not very aggressive with their lease programs, but I got the price I wanted ($32,225 plus taxes and fees) with 1.9% financing and $0 down.
  • jokojoko Posts: 3
    lepflorida,
    I have had it with this transmission problem with my ES330 and have read your note. In the back of my Lemon Law book is a form to fill out and send to manufacturer. Is this the procedure you took? And what is next after that? I really would be grateful for any advice you can give me as to how to proceed with this task. In case you aren't watching this forum any more, I'll try to send same message to your e-mail if possible. Thanks,
    joko
  • curt2005curt2005 Posts: 70
    In searching the forum, I saw some comments a year or so ago that Dynamic Stability Control is not available in cars that dealers have in stock and that it is only available with navigation. Is that the case these days? Thanks.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    http://www.lexus.com/models/es/price_options.html

I believe the word is VSC (vehicle stability control). It is a stand alone option that also includes traction control and brake assist.
  • spyderredspyderred Posts: 137
    DSC is dynamic stability control and it is what is on the BMW's from model year 2001. Similar to VSC vehicle stability control on Lexus.

Spyderred.
  • Does a 95 ES 300 fender, hood, headlights, dash, radio and other parts fit on a 92 ES 300? Does anyone know and please list the parts of what is compatible.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    "Does a 95 ES 300 fender, hood, headlights, dash, radio and other parts fit on a 92 ES 300? Does anyone know and please list the parts of what is compatible."

First of all, what are you trying to do???

The Fender, hood, headlights, are interchangeable. But with the headlights, remember they changed slightly for 1995 from the 1992 to 1994 headlights, so change both. The dash is different as a 1992 model did not have dual airbags. Radio will be compatible although 1995's was slightly different.
  • I have a 92 lexus es 300 and i need those parts. I found a 95 es 300 with blown engine so i was gon' snatch those parts for my car. Does the leather seats fit too? Also does anyone know how to fix the gas gauge? Ever since i took da dash out to replace the needles for the gauges my gas gauge is always at full.