Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330

Comments

• fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    If you have a 2005 then you have an ES330 which means that your engine size is 3.3 litres which has slightly more horsepower than the older 3.0l engine. The 3.5 engine in the new Avalon is a 3.5l and has additional horsepower.
  • I am sure its ES300 2005. They "Toyota dealer in Saudi Arabia" did not intreduce the ES330. They added more options to the ES300.

They say the car will be completly changed next year, body and Engine change.

I am happy with my Lexus any way.
    Thanks
    :)
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    I am sorry. I did not realize that you are in Saudi Arabia. I was thinking USA. I am not familiar with what Lexus sells outside the USA.
  • toydrivertoydriver Posts: 227
    You didn't mention the model year of your ES300. Toyota/Lexus has/had a problem with oil gelling in the V6 ES, RX, Camry, Avalon, Sienna, and several 4cyl. Toyota models as well. This was in the '98-'01 models, if I remember correctly. They "offered" to repair the problem "one time" for those owners affected. (They fought unsuccessfully to deny the problem - claiming that it was the owner's negligence in failing to change oil/filter as recommended in the owner's manuals).
    If your car is not in that age bracket, I would question the validity of your Lexus service claim. If it is, there should have been some sign of the problem prior to it showing "no oil" on the dipstick - 3 weeks after an oil change. I had a '99 RX with the problem. It would "use oil" slowly. By that I mean I would check the dipstick between 5,000 mi service intervals and would have to add a quart or two over that mileage to keep it registering in the proper range. It started showing the problem at about 45K miles on the odo. No other symptoms. No blue smoke out the exhaust. No engine oil light or check engine light on the dash - nothing.
    For your dipstick to register nothing, the engine would have to be at least 3 quarts low; probably closer to 4. I can't imagine the engine "using" that much oil in 3 weeks unless there had been some symptom of excess oil useage prior to your last oil change, or a noticeable leak of oil in your garage/driveway. For them to claim that the engine "has a complete load of oil" and yet not register anything on the dipstick is a bunch of hooey. More likely, as you suggest, they forgot to put oil in the engine at your last service. I'm sure they are seeing "oil gel" if the car was driven with no or very minimal oil for 3 weeks. The problem with "fixing the problem under warranty" is that the engine would have to be completely re-built in order to clean out all of the oil gel/sludge and repair any additional damage done by driving the car with no oil. I would doubt if they can or would perform that extensive of service for free.
    If I were you, I would negotiate a different car or new engine with the dealer, telling them that you feel that there was some negligence on their part. You may have to hire a lawyer.
    Best of luck.
  • scoti1scoti1 Posts: 676
    The policy was extended to also include MY2002 with manufacture dates of 2001 and early 2002.
  • clocurtoclocurto Posts: 4
    Has anyone else come across an annoying rattling noise in their drivers side door? It happens every time i hit a bump. It sounds exactly as if the window is rolled down and is shaking. sounds like its coming from right in the middle of my front drivers side door and the rear drivers side door.
  • It depends on the number of owners. If you have bought it used, it could be from the ‎previous owner. It could have resulted from an accident to the door making the noise. ‎Ask the dealer to check the rubbers holding the window ‎ :D
  • toydrivertoydriver Posts: 227
    I experienced a similar noise on the passenger side of my '03ES300. Lexus replaced the door seals under warranty and it corrected the problem. They referred to a Toyota Service Bulletin (TSB) describing the problem.
    Check with your Lexus Service Mgr.
  • toyotabobtoyotabob Posts: 3
    Trying to decide between the 05 TL and the 05 ES330. Acura recommends 91 octane but around here you have to jump to the 93. Was wondering what people are using in the ES330 ?
  • beardiebeardie Posts: 44
    I've got 6,000 mi. on my 05 ES330 and have used nothing but regular 87. Car runs fine other than the usual slow speed hesitation. IMHO, spending extra for higher grade gas is a rip-off. This is not a high performance car. You will appreciate its ride just as much with 87. Good luck with your choice.
  • Get some Goodyear Eagle GT's
  • olddaveolddave Posts: 21
    I own a 2005 ES330 I purchased in April, 2005. I live in Colorado and I use the lowest grade octane available here - 85 octane. On a recent 3900 mile road trip to Washington DC, we purchased the lowest octane gas available whenever we needed gas. The car seemed to run just fine the entire trip.
  • koswus5koswus5 Posts: 4
    I recently was looking at cars to get, and cam across a used fully loaded 2003 ES300. Unfortunatly the sales person did not know much about it, I actually taught him the open feature on the navigation system and he secretly saw him playing with it a few minutes later. Does the navigation system have the capability to play DVD videos?. I was also wondering about people opinions between my other car choises 02 gs300 and 03 Lincoln. I was wondering if I could get you opinons on how these cars compare to teach other. Thanks to anyone able to help.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    "03 Lincoln" doesn't narrow it down much.
    I own a 2005 ES330. I just looked through the "2005 Lexus Navigation System Owner's Manual - ES330" and I could not find any reference to using standard DVD videos with the system. So I assume it does not have that capability. The manual is Toyota Motor Corporation Publication No. OM33661U, Part No. 01999-33661.

I hope this is helpful to you...
  • atoewsatoews Posts: 637
  • We ordered our 05 ES 330 over the weekend and had intentions on getting xm radio until they showed us where the antenna would go. On the trunk lid. The antenna is black and the car white. It would stick out like a sore thumb. Is this the only place to put them ?
    I had the same concern about the SAT radio antenna when we purchased our 2005 ES330 with Nav system in April, 2005. That is one of the main reasons we did not purchase SAT radio. We thought the antenna location was unacceptable.
    I wondered why many other manufacturers mount the SAT antenna at the rear of the middle of the car roof, but on the ES 330 Lexus does not. But then I read somewhere in the Lexus owner's manual (or in the Nav tutorial) that the GPS antenna is mounted just below the package shelf in front of the rear window. I don't know for sure where the FM/AM antenna is located.
    I am not a wireless techie, but I suspect the SAT antenna is not mounted on the rear roof because the antennas would interfere with each other.
  • popeye7popeye7 Posts: 15
    Has anyone heard when the ES 330 will undergo a change in body style? Photos, etc.
  • thanks, dealer fixed the problem. they said that there were screws loose...thats the second time the dealer fixed a "screw loose" problem. once for my drivers side seat, now the window. they said maybe when they tinted the window, it wasnt secured properly.

thanks again!