Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330

Comments

• joey_jjoey_j Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have a es300 with 102,000 miles. How long can I count on my transmission? Is there a place where I can look up the average time/mileage before I it typically needs replacement?

Love the car - nothing is as quiet and comfortable.

thanks
  • joey_jjoey_j Posts: 2
    How do I find such a locksmith in the New York City area?

thanks
  • olddaveolddave Posts: 21
    I have a 2005 ES 330 which so far seems like a really nice car. But one thing is driving me nuts! I cannot hear the turn signals "click" when I use them while driving on the highway or in busy traffic. It almost becomes a safety hazard, with me rolling along, completely unaware that my turn signal is blinking, because I can't hear the "clicker". I have owned all domestic cars in the past, and they seem to "click" just fine ('98 Tahoe, '94 Concorde).
    I have talked to my local friendly Lexus dealer about it - they were no help. I get the impression that they think it is hysterically funny that I am complaining about it.
    Is it just me, or does anyone else have a simliar problem???
    Okay, so maybe I am a whiner.....
  • atoewsatoews Posts: 637
    Well, I think Toyota needs to allow the driver to set the signal level. I believe that as we get older, our ability to hear high frequency signals diminishes, and it happens earlier for men than for women. I think the same thing happens with engine ping, also high frequency. My boyfriend is 60, and he often leaves his signal on because he cannot hear it. Most Lexus sales people that I have seen are significanly younger than 50, so maybe they think you are nuts because they hear the signal just fine.

Along the same vein, I put lower octane gas in my car, in accordance with some suggestions on this website, and I swear I can hear engine ping on the low octane. Perhaps the reason so many posters find no problem with lower octane gas is that they no longer can hear engine "ping" because the frequency is so high!!!

So, young people (lenscap :-)), please verify that you can hear the signal just fine!
  • I am currently looking into purchasing a 2002 pre-owned ES300 Lexus.

1. 2002 ES300 37320 $25,959
    2. 2002 ES300 33513 $25,995
    3. " " 29695 $26,995
    4. # " 23668 $26,995
  • keith61keith61 Posts: 6
    Hello,

Could anybody give me some advice on purchasing a certified pre-owned Lexus.
    I am looking at a 2004 ES 330 that is at the dealer with 16,000 miles and they are asking $29,900.

Thanks
  • frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    LOL, that way one of the funniest posts I have seen, but it makes sense. Too many Rolling Stones concerts! :P
  • kreativkreativ Posts: 299
    "Does anybody know if the base pioneer stereo is rated 86watts peak or rms?"

RMS. Before '02, the advertised wattage was peak (more impressive, but much less meaningful). They switched to advertising RMS wattage with the current generation ES.
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    Does anyone know if Lexus can install Nav on a 2005 ES 330 aftermarket? My relative bought her car a few months ago without nav and has gotten lost already 4 times. I'd love to help them get nav if it can be installed...

Thanks.
  • sixfitzsixfitz Posts: 2
    I recently purchased the ES 330 in July'05 and had the XM installed. They told me the MSRP was $1075 but that thye could do it for $850. I like you was baffled by the price but we finally agreed on a price of $450. To boot the atenna they installed wsa "bad" and had to be reinstalled. My first thjought was doesn't anyone check these things before they sell it to a customer. The Acura TL not only comes standard with Xm but also gives you 3 months of service free. I will bet XM will be standard ont he 2007 model.
  • andy1993andy1993 Posts: 25
    I am interested in buying lexus es330 with nav, satellite radio, vsc with traction and some other accessories. Would you mind telling me how much you paid for it. I live in alabama near atlanta.

thanks in anticipation.
  • I just got a new 2005 ES 330 with NAV for $33,000 with less than the often standard 24 months free maintenance. I'd think that you ought to be able to get some extra off that asking price.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Folks, don't overlook the Lexus ES: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. It's a great resource.
  • I just bought a used 1992 Lexus ES300 which I love except that the A/C doesn't work. A friend and myself just charged it up and still no cold air. The high pressure side is fine but the low pressure side won't build up pressure. It seems that from the high side to the low side there is a blockage of some kind. We checked if for leaks and there are none. The low side has vacum but won't pressurize. I am a little stumped and I was wondering if anyone can give me a little help as to what I should be looking at or checking. A friend said that he thinks that there is a filter in the system and it could be plugged up but he doesn't know where it is to check it. I have never had a Lexus before and don't know much about them or A/C systems. I am on a fixed budget income so I can't afford to pay several hundred to a thousand plus dollars for a shop to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I got a used 2003 ES300 with 29300 miles on it, I paid 26000
  • Hi Everyone,

I've been reading all the ES posts. I know that some of you have had hesitation issues. However if it is any consolation, you should be glad that your transmissions will last, unlike the car that I currently drive a 98 Accord EX V6. Many of the auto trans in V6 Honda/Acura prematurely fail at around 100K miles or earlier which is why I'm avoiding Honda/Acura this next time around.

I'm looking for a more comfortable car to replace my Accord. In particular, I'm looking for a car that is quieter, smoother riding, and has an 8 way adjustable seat (both driver and front passenger.) Overall, I think the ES would be a good fit for me. Any suggestions for my next car? I am trying to stay at the ES price level or cheaper.

Also for those that would recommend the ES again, should I wait until the new 2007 ES comes out? I replace my vehicles around 9-10 years, so I will keep this next car for a while!

Thanks for your input!

Rich
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    The ES330 is a fine vehicle. Take a look at the new Toyota Avalon too.
  • frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    It seems that you have already made up your mind, the ES will probably last you a very long time with no problems. I am like you, I keep cars a long time, and Toyota's are the most reliable cars in the world. However, I just purchased an Acura TL. :P
  • great2great2 Posts: 8
    Paid $ 40.00 appx. for 5000mile, $ 110.00 appx for 10,000 and now dealer wants $350.00 for 15000 mile service that includes oil change, tranny flush, differential oil change ? & inspection of suspension & etc. is it worth doing it. Never had any car or suv that needed tranny & differential flush at 15000 mile.....any comments/suggestions
  • vetfannyvetfanny Posts: 11
    Has anyone heard if there will be an 06 ES330? If so what changes will there be from the 2005 model? The 2007 forum says the new design t=will be out in March! THat only leaves six months for an 06.