Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy "service stabilitrack" light

Has anyone else had problems with the "stabilitrack" system on an '08 Envoy. They had a recall on it - I took it in for the recall. They did "whatever" and it's been back 4 more times. The light comes on anyway the system is pressed into operation. And stays on!!!! I take it in - the shop checks it out and changes some parts here and there and proclaims it "fixed!!!" until 24 hrs later when the light is back on!!! Anyone else???

Comments

• jojo19jojo19 Posts: 3
    Yes, I have!!! I own a GMC Denali Xl 2006 and I have taken the car back to the dealership at least 4 times for that same problem. As of today teh problem is not fixed and I have given up on it. They tell me that it does not interfere with the driving performance or car longevity . All I can do is just hope that they are right!!! :(
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    Hello Jojo19,
    Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • i have a problem with the light that stays on ..from the day i bought it ...they have change the master computer under the truck, which did not help..one thing that worked is by changing ..the key barell..it worked for a few months then it came back..when it does come on ,i shut the engine and start over again and the light goes out...till the next time..i give up..gerry
  • the problem is in the sterring wheel collum THE SENSOR..
  • STERRING WHEEL SENSOR
  • I have the same vehicle same year and everything and my stabilititrack came on and when it does come on the check engine light and the reduced engine power loght comes on as well and the denali seems like it is loosing dower what do i need to do hooked it up to machine and all it said was throttle issues so idk
    Alfredg,

Have you considered getting this diagnosed at your servicing dealership? Is there anyway we can help? Let us know – email Christina here with more information (name, VIN, contact info, dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • As the owner of a 2006 GMC Denali, it is horrifying to drive in a car, that while driving in the middle of traffic, the stabilitrak and engine light comes on and power is reduced at a quick rate. I was told to have the throttle body changed because that would fix the problem. It was changed and 5 months later the same thing. Now it has been recommended to change the E.M.C. and the ignition switch (cost over $1300) and no guarantee that will fix it. Why make these sophisticated cars if no one from the GMC place I go to can guarantee how to fix them?
  • Chyna40,

I am so very sorry to hear that you are feeling unsafe in your Envoy as a result of the Stabilitrak concern you've described in your post. Customer Assistance is available to help you work with your dealership towards diagnosing what is behind the Stabilitrak and engine light systems. Please send us an email with more information, including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN, the name of your involved dealership, and information on your visits to the dealership.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • futzyfutzy Posts: 2
    My 2006 Envoy, 66k miles, has recently had intermitent problems with both the StabiliTrak Service Light and the Stabilitrak indicator light coming on while driving. I must turn off the engine, then restart and both lights go out. Is this a potential computer error, or just a loose wire problem. I do not have the DIC on this vehicle. Will these intermitent issues appear on any computer check?
  • Looking at the manual, if the lights were to remain on after you restarted your vehicle then there is a potential issue with your Stabilitrak system. I was unable to find additional information behind what may cause the Service StabiliTrak Light and the StabiliTrak Light to come on.

If you were to decide to visit a GM Dealership to have this further evaluated, please let us know in an email and we'd be happy to follow up with your dealership.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • futzyfutzy Posts: 2
    Thanks Sarah. I will be checking with my dealer next week to have this issue looked at. Dealer is Boucher GMC & Cadillac, Waukesha Wisconsin
  • Hi I have an Envoy Denali and my service stabilitrak light stays on all the time. Is their a recall or can i have it fixed at the dealership at no or discounted cost.?
  • Well it looks like I'm not alone, my 2007 Envoy dash is starting to look like a Christmas tree. This is one of the strangest vehicles I have ever owned.
    1. the gas guage died, got repaired under warranty thank goodness it was expensive, along with the driver side window motor.
    2. the left and right - front and rear speakers come and go when they want to
    3. the tire pressure light comes and goes thru out the day year round, tires have correct pressure
    4. the check engine light comes and goes, my mechanic is confused can't get a code & he's good!
    5. the seatbelt/door bell is loud then soft, then quiet then loud etc....
    6. the dash light at the heat and a/c temp control knobs comes and goes
    7.. the stab. track lights have now come on and stay on, the button on the side of the gear shift has no effect. I'm waiting for one of us to get stranded before we can get rid of this piece of junk.
    Now I am not an individual that neglects a vehicle, the Chev car my wife drove before the GMC Envoy had 206,000 miles. My current Chev. Silverodo work truck has 337,000 miles we take care of our cars.
    This Envoy has 75,000 on it now and really started having problems at about 20,000 miles.
    I figure it will cost a chunk of cash just to figure out what all the lights mean and no telling what it will cost to repair.. I've got to get the damn lights off the dash so I can sell it. NO MORE GMC'S FOR THIS CONSUMER!
  • vfd323vfd323 Posts: 2
    hi i have my 2006 gmc envoy slt model, i love the vehicle but every 800 miles or so my service stability light comes on and when you turn the key off and back on the code is gone and is not stored in the computer, comes up as a steering wheel position sensor issue?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    vfd323,

Per page 3-57 of your manual, there is a potential issue with Stabilitrak if the message remains in the DIC after restarting the vehicle. As in your situation it is going away after a restart, there may not be any issue. Were you planning on getting this checked out?
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just bought a used 2006 envoy xl denali, second day I have it the "service stabilitrak" light comes on. I've had the car for42 days now and my car has been back to the dealers 4 times now and I've only driven it for 21 days now and the light is on again. The dealer, ray Chevrolet-fox lake il tells me a new code comes up every time. Steering wheel sensor, three other codes I don't remember. Is there a recall yet or anybody know the real reason. Also getting service engine light and reduced power light. I'm starting to wonder why the envoy was a trade in. I have a 2002 envoy slt with 350,000 miles and never had a problem like this. Somebody please help before I make my second car payment.
  • This vehicle is completely computerized...I have had the same problem for over a year. I have spent close to $1700 getting it fixed snd still same problems as you to the tee and was told no recall and it really needs to be. If you could get out of keeping the vehicle....get out while you can....I have had the throttle body changed, the ignition switch, and some module...the last thing changed were the wires...the engine was rewired some time near August and now my check engine light is on and stablitrack warning comes on once again but no powerloss yet...keep in touch
    koolcarjxi,
    If you would like for us to check into this further with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Our 06 Envoy does the same thing. It's the least of the miseries with this vehicle, so we just 'reboot' it. We're more concerned about spewing fuel.