Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    etbull...

I can't speak for your area but here in the Northeast we have a tremendous MPV shortage!
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    You can also search for yourself at the http://mazdausa.com page. It lets you build a model with your options and then search dealers in your area by zip code. Nearby dealers are listed too. And you get to see the VIN# and options for that particular model.

We used this to track down an ES with moonroof, which appear to be rare in my area. Our ES has the 4 seasons, which seemed to be on all of them here too. YMMV regionally, :-)

-Brian
  • sd1228sd1228 Posts: 46
    The price you paid is really great.
    You must be really good and lucky to have
    such a great price on such a great vehicle.

-
    Fellow 2002 MPV ES owner!
  • chsmithinschsmithins Posts: 11
    We were looking at the mazdausa.com website yesterday and are considering a 2002 ES. While trying to track down a specific interior color for the Shimmering Sand exteror we noticed on several models an interior called "beige/black leather".

We went to a local dealer and they had never heard of a two-tone interior. We imagined it was, for example, maybe two color tones on the seats or steering wheel. It could be kind of nice looking.

Has anyone here heard of such an interior color combo or are the only two interior colors gray and beige? Thanks.
  • billmckinleybillmckinley Posts: 167
    Beige and gray are basically the only two interiors; however, there is black in both. The console--where the heat and radio controls are--in the center is usually black. Rather sharp looking all in all. I suspect they might have been referring to that. Or it might be a reference to the new carbon trim in the same area.

RJ
  • Well, after gaining some good insights from this forum, my wife & I picked up our new LX last night with mats, roof rack, and step bumper plate in Midnight Blue for $19500 plus ttl. I feel lucky to find one equipped just the way I wanted it, no extra gadgets. Had a good dealer experience with no pressure or upsell.

Personally, I was leaning toward a slightly used Grand Caravan for the larger space and bolder, better proportioned look. But since she drives it the most I relented.

Anyone else notice the hot wind coming from under the right front door when standing beside the door while idling? I guess its the discharge of the cooling fan.

The dealers in Dallas get almost no Coastal Blue's, saying that nobody likes them. But I saw one in Hartford last week that looked good.

Why all the fuss about such high air pressure? Aren't you making the ride very harsh at 35+ psi? Also, has anyone tinted the front side windows to match the look of the back side windows? Is this easy for a tint shop to match? . . . Thanks for the insights!
    There is no black interior...the differences is regular dash vs. carbon fiber dash.
  • mevetmevet Posts: 1
    The MPV you purchaced was a demonstration vehicle? How many miles were on it? -- Know of one about 60 miles from me, has at least 2K on. Don't know how I feel about it, having that many miles on it already. Thought I know the end of the year Demo's have 5k normally. Also, would they give you the S-price with the Demo discount as well?
  • kkcymrukkcymru Posts: 48
    Try this link from MPV club.

http://www.mpvclub.com/forum/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1005

There's also a link from there to the poster's own site.

• big_guybig_guy Posts: 372
    Has anyone actually been able to get the 0% financing for 60 months on the 2002 MPV? I have called a couple of local dealers and they are telling me that you can only get the 0% financing for 48 months on the 2002 MPV (or you can opt for the $2000 cash back and 60 month financing). The current incentives make purchasing the MPV very attractive right now.

I have been doing a good deal of research on the MPV and I feel it is the best suited minivan for me. I want to get the best deal possible. I am interested in the 2002 LX w/ 4-Seasons, Security Package, Rear AC, Roof Rack, Floor Mats, Cassette, and Rear Bumper Step Plate. Edmunds puts the MSRP at $25,335 and the TMV at $23,784. That is around 2% over invoice. How low dare I go on price?

Now to throw a wrench into the works. My brother-in-law is also looking to get a new minivan. I have told him about the MPV and he seemed interested. Do you think a dealership would be willing to deal more on the price of a couple of vehicles knowing that they would be able to sell two? What is the general opinion here?
    its 0% for 48 months on the MPV

60 months if you buy a Protege or B-series truck.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    http://www.mazdausa.com/zero_percent/default.asp

The heading is negated by the small print below.

• beachnutbeachnut Posts: 291
    Darn that Mazda! Is nothing sacred anymore?
  • javadocjavadoc Posts: 1,167
    That's interesting. The local dealership has a large banner outside that reads "0% Financing for All 2002 Mazdas for up to 60 months!" That's stretching the truth. Sure, up to 60mths, but not on all models. hmmmmmmm. Not a great move, imho.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    we were led to believe the same thing when the 0% offer first appeared on the mazdausa site. I swear it said ALL. But the next day the site was just like it is today. oh well. I should have printed it. I may have misread it in the beginning though, so it could be my bad.

Regardless, you can still get 0% for 48 mos with no payments until January '03.

-Brian
  • pieracpierac Posts: 43
    I saw a white ES at a local dealer. The interior was beige with a black dash and black graphite trim. I wasn't too impressed with the graphite trim. It looked Ok. That's why I was not impressed. I was expecting something really different. It was one of those take it or leave it things. If the van had every option I was looking for I would have gotten it. I'm still trying to find the right color with all the right options. At this point White may have to become an option for me.
  • smarssmars Posts: 32
    I got exactly the package you are looking for, with the exception of a cargo net instead of the step bumper($10-$15 diff). I paid just under $21,300 with S-plan.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,860
    There's a good (and relatively small - quick read) discussion called Tire Gauges on the Aftermarket & Accessories board that some of you may want to read. Good reviews of brands, etc. I'm traveling and away from my shortcut macros or I'd give y'all a link :-)

(Fish fry of Lake Trout or perch tomorrow night from L. Superior country, Javadoc, but somehow it's not quite the same).

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and A&A Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Steve, ru back in the home-country in two-to-three weeks? :)

Hauling trout (real stretch for content...) in a new MPV would be really awesome! Don't try and fry them on the exhaust manifold tho... not good. ;)
  • The dealer knew I had an S plan, but we started at that price and worked down. They started with giving me credit ($.10) per mile, but I then argued they needed to give me credit for the lost warranty as well. The dealer gets money back from Mazda to put the demo in service, so use it to your advantage. When all was said and done, by my calculation we were a little under cost before we took the $2,000 rebate and got to the numbers in the first e-mail -- remember, you can always start low and work your way up....I might have gotten a few hundred lower, but thought we got a great deal. We did do a trade-in, but the price was independent of wether I took their offer on the trade, or took it elsewhere/sold it myself.

My demo had about 5,000 miles, and runs great. We made them clean it (fair job) and my only complaint is that when they delivered the van, they did not have the remotes and I have to take it back when they come in.

Had it just under a week - my wife & kids love it, and I think it drives and rides well.

Good Luck!!
    Let me clarity something you have incorrect....Mazda does NOT give the dealer anything to put a car in demo service.
  • big_guybig_guy Posts: 372
    How does the S-Plan work. Did you use it in conjunction with the 0% financing or the $2000 cash back? or doesn't it work that way. Any information would be helpful.
    I think he's referring to holdback perhaps?
  • rc168rc168 Posts: 12
    I posted a message just now at MPV Meet the Members. Well, I have not bought the car yet, so I guess I made a mistake...

Anyway, I would like to ask fellow CT residents about their dealership experience. I am willing to go across the state (it is not that big anyway ;-) ) or even MA if I could get a good deal somewhere.

Thanks.
    While Rich(audia8q) is not allowed to solicit to you per the Town Hall Terms of Use, you might want to e-mail him (audia8q@aol.com) about your search.
  • rc168rc168 Posts: 12
    Thanks maltb. Yup, I thought about it but was unsure whether it is appropriate (polite) to do so.

So--Audia8q, is it OK for me to shoot some emails toward your way ;-)
    Rich: How much do you know about A6 2.7T quatts? I'm looking at a 2000 model. Do you hang over in any Audi threads?

Thx, java
  • I just bought an MPV in Dallas, but was in Springfield,MA last week and saw the "rare" Coastal Blue at a dealership there, on a north-south road just west of I-91 I think, south of Mass Pike. Didn't deal with anyone, though. No pressure I guess.
  • pieracpierac Posts: 43
    I finally bought my MPV. Wife picked out a White ES with Black/Beige interior. We got the moon roof, 4-Seasons; and in-dash 6-disk CD. Dealer is to install Roof Rack; rear spoiler; step plate; mirror with compass/Temp and mud guards. Inventory is really getting tight. I spent 4 hours to get a price of $500 over invoice. Dealer said it would be more expensive to install the other items and was really grinding. I was having a hard time finding exactly what I wanted. So I paid a little more. I took the $2000.00 cash back and got a price of $26,300 before taxes and tags. This also included window tint. Not the best deal but I feel comfortable with it. Dealer said he could install all the options today? (Saturday) I seriously doubt it, but I can hope.

Basurf : Thanks for your Auto Mirror post #3858. I copied your post and took it to the dealer. I knew before I got there that they would say the Auto Mirror was a factory install only. The sale manager said look there is no power to the front windshield. I showed him your post and he said no problem we can take care of it. It's funny how much help these post can be. I know I have learned a lot from everyones input. Zoom Zoom
  • Audia8q: The sales person and his manager both clearly told me that they "got money" for putting the vehicle in service as a demo. They may have considered and expense they wrote off as milage as getting something, but they were very clear (?not to their advantage to lie). They did not say that they got money from mazda, but maybe as a tax savings as an expense????