Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    yea, evaddave, you are correct... but my rear heat needs go beyond just dashboard control with a couple remote outlets. The rear should have a separate blower and temp control, just like the front. How many times do we hear from noisy kids "its too hot" or "its too cold" and then go back and forth trying to regulate, meantime upsetting the front area temperature.... same for the air, the rear half of the van just needs different controls than the front.
  • javadocjavadoc Posts: 1,167
    ...Odyssey come with rear heat w/controls as std equipment? I don't know if it does or doesn't. I see that it comes with rear a/c, which is a nice feature. I was looking at specs of an LX Ody, since you had sited a $24k figure.

/j
  • sweet_subiesweet_subie Posts: 1,394
    For some reason, i find it growling while initial pick-up from say 0 to 40, then it becomes quiet ! maybe it is just me who can hear it....
  • sweet_subiesweet_subie Posts: 1,394
    Let me see if I can articulate my question right,

I thought, in the front a/c controls if you leave it in rear, the real controls will apply for heat/ac as in rear controls. That works.

If, in the front, if you don't leave it in rear, the front controls should apply for rear heat/ ac.....stranegely in my 02 MPV ES(with 4 seasons), still the rear controls apply.

so, no matter what - you will have to adjust the rear controls to get the rear heat/ac right. Unlike Dodge Caravan - you can control everything from front.
    bummer ?
  • truckdudetruckdude Posts: 55
    Anyone been keeping track of their gas mileage? If so, please share...thanks!
  • rutger3rutger3 Posts: 361
    What's with the 'backwards' right wiper on the MPV. What is Mazda's reason for this and do other vehicles have these?
  • budmelonbudmelon Posts: 27
    It isn't very hard to install. All there is are removal of 2 screws on each corner of the wheel well but the front one require some drill if you want to follow the instruction to a T. I didn't drill the hole because of the two screws that were holding the mud guards were strong enough to keep it in place and so far, they are still on the MPV. Hope that helps.
  • You don't like the wipers? I prefer this; IMO it provides better visibilty. I also like the long blades which pretty much clear the entire windshield. We get a lot of torrential rain down here during the summer and it can get a little tense on the highway sometimes. I actually wish there was a faster, third speed on the wiper motor.

SC
  • alexv1nalexv1n Posts: 248
    For me, I prefer the way they are on MPV. The right wiper pointing to left when lowered. By doing this, when they sweep the windshield, you have clear edges of it (I mean, left and right sides are clean). If both wipers are pointed to the right, then the right-side portion of windshield are not cleaned properly and you don't see vehicles and pedestrains coming from right...

As a drawback, the upper middle portion of the windshield isn't cleaned well enough but it still doesn't affect your field of view. The only annoyance is the salty water from washer tends to drip in the middle so I had to use wipers several times after I wash the windshield. Other than that, I believe that this design is better from field-of-view stand point. I don't know why many other manufacturers use wipers pointing in the same direction...
    My impression of the a/c and rear controls are this. No matter what, vent and temperature controls (for the heat at least) are determined by the dials in the back. Fan speed is determined by the front sliding control, or the rear dial if you put the front control on "rear." If you put he a/c on, no a/c is sent to the rear unless you either turn the front-mounted rear fan control on or put it to "rear." But, if someone left the rear control on "hot," you'll still get heated (but conditioned?) air.

Does that make sense, before I've had my morning joe? :-)

/java
  • oldstyleoldstyle Posts: 41
    Getting close to signing a contract, but still debating the $500 car payment for 24 months to get 0%. One question I have is my dealer said that all the LX's within 6 states around Ohio that have the Lux package also have rear AC and cassette. She said that people who want lux also want the other two options so that's the way they are made at the factory. We just want Lux, 4-season, mats, rack, and guards and she said we would have to order from the factory. Any thoughts. Thanks
  • husker92husker92 Posts: 44
    Oldstyle: I am in MO and we just picked up our Sunlight Silver LX last night. It has Lux, step, rear a/c and roof rack. No cassette.

We used the s-plan and got it for $22,840. I was also charged $69 to deliver it from another dealer. I didn't fight that fee, the dealership is 2 minutes from home and I wanted preferential treatment when I bring it in.

Only issue is that when we test drove one the first time with the child seat in, my daughter had plenty of room for her feet. When we test drove the actual one we were buying, she kept kicking the driver's seat. We tried re-configuring the seats, but there was no room. Was it built differently than the first one we test drove? No, I am an idiot. My wife drove on the first test drive and she is only 5'2". I am 6'2", so the seat is back all the way for me and up almost all the way for her. Our daughter's seat will be moving to the passenger's side of the van very shortly.

Love the van!!!!!!!!
  • Java, do you remember how much $ Mazda wanted?

or I guess what I really mean, has anyone found one cheaper than what's on the Edmund's site ($163-$190)?
  • bean3422bean3422 Posts: 183
    Have any of you seen the Mazdaspeed MPV...evidently there was one at the NY auto show. This has not gotten any coverage by the media, but one of the guys on the Mazda 6 sedan board posted some pics and happened to catch the Mazdaspeed MPV. Any news on that??? Maybe I should wait for a little while longer to buy my van!! Or lease it so I can turn it in for a Mazdaspeed MPV.
    Mazdaspeed? Hmmmm, interesting. Dunno.

Scarter... I think that's about right for the price. I'm trying to convince the d.w. that a spoiler would keep grime off the rear window. Ne1 have experience w/the rear spoiler?
  • ... looked like a super GFX package in the new spicey orange paint pjd58 was talking about. Hmmmm
  • mcadrechamcadrecha Posts: 46
    truckdude:
    I just bought a MPV a month ago and it has about 750 miles on it. Mileage has varied but overall has been increasing as I drive the van more. The last three tanks (all highway miles) have been 19, 20, and 21 mpg. Since I should be getting something like 24, I was disappointed and asked my Dealer if there was something wrong with the vehicle. He said it really takes about 2000 miles to break in the car before you start seeing the rated mileage.

So far, that has been my experience. How old is your MPV and what has your experience been?

Michael
  • bob57bob57 Posts: 302
    Also highway miles, I'm getting 24mpg with a/c on 90% of the time (if Java would just leave our weather alone that other 10%...). Just turned 23,700 miles on my '01.
    I did post earlier that my mpg increased along the way but don't know (or realized) if I changed my driving habits.
    Summer... 19city/23hwy

Winter... 16city/21hwy

Not bad considering lead shoes, snow tires (winter) and crummy winter fuels.

/java
  • mazda_guymazda_guy Posts: 183
    Husker, I am not sure if you are aware that the second row seats you can slide side to side and also back and forward. Just a thought....

MB