Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    Congrats to the new owners!

I hope we get to say that to Bottgers soon too :-)

Steve, Host
  • acedriveracedriver Posts: 131
    It has been confirmed at the club that 0% APR for 60 months announced yesterday is available for ALL U.S. regions.

brianV, I think I replied to your post there too :-)
  • bsvollerbsvoller Posts: 528
    Took the rebate instead of the 0% financing. As I understand it, you can't have both.

$ wise, it works out to the same money given our downpayment ($2000 in interest at 4% over 60 months). However, since we have the option to pay it down early, we have the opportunity to save money (reduce actual interest expense in dollars), which you can't do if you take the 0% (paying down early won't change you out of pocket). Also, we are in a better position regarding depreciation, since our purchase price is lower than it would have been.

Thanks for the tip, though.

-brianV
  • johnnyojohnnyo Posts: 1
    I have been visiting the board for two years and we finally bought our MPV a month ago. We waited until the dealer here in so. jersey had some inventory on LX's with power sliding doors and it was well worth the wait. This is an unbelieveable van, why anyone would shell out an additional $4,000 for a Sienna or Ody is beyond me. The dual power sliding doors are without a doubt the best feature followed closely by the mute button on the steering wheel. With a 2 and 6 year old, getting the kids in and out of the vehicle is a breeze. Going to the beach: five beach chairs, two bags and an umbrella fit perfectly behind the third seat.

I was happy with the price did all of the negotiating via e-mail: LX, rear a/c, roof rack, power sliding doors, step plate and mud guards in sage green. $21,475 + tax and tags, included any dealer cash or incentives.
  • zoompvzoompv Posts: 17
    It may be tough to sit by while these other guys pick up good deals from dealer-lot inventory. But on Bastille Day (July 14) your dealer will remove plastic covers from the seats and you'll know that no human has ever sat in your car's passenger seats but you and yours. And the odometer will be a single digit, rather than two or three. Maybe best of all, you'll have the peace of mind of knowing that your MPV's engine has never been raced during the break-in period by someone on a test-drive.

Hang on, man!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    If you really want to go nuts, tell the dealer not to remove the plastic and prep it yourself. That way you can put the first swirls in the paint on the hood yourself instead of some unknown lot technician with a dirty sponge :-)

Steve, Host
  • matluomamatluoma Posts: 18
    Been about a month since I was last lurking & was amazed at the volume & quality of posts. Took too much time to go through them all, but there were some good discussions.

Congrats to all who purchased! wish you many trouble free miles. For those still waiting..hope for a 'speedy deleivery'.

For folks going through/by Duluth, the park with the sand is @ the end of Park Point..almost the entire point is sandy. To get there just cross the lift bridge and drive to the end.

If your already up to Duluth & really need a lighthouse to paint/draw drive up the North Shore to SplitRock Lighthouse. Added bonus..if it's November stop by on the 10th the anniversary of the Sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald ***some folks may remember the Gordon Lightfoot song :-)***.

Mat
    Actually, I bought mine off the railhead, i.e. it's not even at the dealer yet, although it is in Denver.

So the only guy who gets to break in my engine is me. I stipulated less than 15 miles in the deal. That's why we won't take delivery until next week.

No way to steer the deal that way, just got lucky.

-brianV
  • zoompvzoompv Posts: 17
    bottgers, I forgot to add that you (and bsvoller, too, evidently) also have the opportunity to ask the dealer to leave off that little decal or plaque that advertises the dealership on the back of the car, if you're not too keen to provide free advertising for the next few years.

bsvoller, me too. I bought at the end of the month, and put the dealership over the limit for a bonus. Since I was willing to pay in May for a car delivered in June, the salesman found one with my specs at the port. I would've loved to drive one home off the lot, but as it turned out, it was also sweet to get one that's "all mine."
  • ajacat1ajacat1 Posts: 87
    Well, good on ya for that inspiring deal, especially the Taurus trade! I'll remember to start with e-mail at the dealership I focus in on. I bet the end of the month was the main thing--and possibly you did push them up a tier--like being the 100th customer or something...

Hope the folks on this coast are as cordial :)
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    Which Denver dealership are you getting yours from? We're getting ours from Lakewood Mazda. I didn't think about those annoying dealer advertising plaques. Thanks for reminding me. I will tell them not to install one.
  • tomj5tomj5 Posts: 209
    Thanks for the info on the lighthouse.. I am trying to learn watercolor painting. Very difficult.. Hope to do some sketches and pics. Better at oils... Easier to catch the sunsets...
    Lov our PEEVEE
    Tj
  • acedriveracedriver Posts: 131
    I see a "Milwaukee Assessment" charge of $150 on my S-plan pricing sheet. Could you please explain me what this charge means and what is it used for ?

Another club member reported being charged a Miami assessment on his S-plan. So, I guess this is a regional/local charge.

To people to bought under S-plan: Can you check your records and find out of this was on your pricing sheet ? Does anyone else know what this charge is for ?
    We live in Arvada and work in Broomfield, but the only dealer that had what we wanted was McDonald Automotive in Littleton, well south of Hampden Avenue.

It was hard to find an LX loaded with all the goodies in an '03. I started out by asking several dealers to look, most passed when I told them that I was shopping them (their loss as far as I'm concerned, I made clear that I was a buyer, not a looker), but I ended up finding it myself via Mazda's web site.

Sales experience wasn't too bad. They tried to jack the price by $300, blaming it on "the computer" (sigh, when did lying through your teeth become acceptable?), but didn't give me any trouble otherwise. I couldn't really walk, so I didn't make a fuss.

How's Lakewood been? They're a lot closer to me. Need a dealer for service on the northwest side of town.

John Elway North on 104th and Federal was actually a good experience, we drove one of their cars, and worked with their internet manager until I found the deal at McDonald's. (I've had mixed experiences with John Elway) - no haggle pricing was actually competitive for a change, but they didn't have a vehicle I wanted.

-brianV
  • gpfeiffergpfeiffer Posts: 2
    Does anybody know how to remove the door trim panel (driver side) on a MPV 2000? I need to remove the panel to replace the outside rear view mirror.
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    Do the second row seats recline?
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Yes, our second row seats recline as well as folding flat onto the seat bottom.

'02 ES, btw.

-Brian
  • javadocjavadoc Posts: 1,167
    If you want to know how to remove the door panel, there's a write-up in the DIY section at mpvclub.

Really, it's not terribly difficult.