Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• javadocjavadoc Posts: 1,167
    Actually, I think it's closer to 88.638333% of the work by the front brakes, but if you want to take the NASA approach, then I guess 90% is 'close enough.' ;)

I suppose it'd be nice if you were towing. I'm a guy that likes peformance, but really, I don't think you'll even notice any difference w/rear disks on an '04 MPV.

No Steve, I didn't edit it (out). I'll be down there on some family matters... the short-notice type of trip. Take a whip to those construction workers at the KK site for me! Taking Kaladi orders...
  • tbonertboner Posts: 402
    tomorrow as I'm visiting a customer 150 miles from Chez [non-permissible content removed] who loves KK.

And I have to keep my lady customers happy 8^)

Content: should I take the MPV, turbocharged SVT, or go for fuel economy and take the Geo?

TB
    Take the SVT. then (content) start figuring out how to put those, ahem, the enhancements from the SVT into the MPV.

<this is me not making the comment I want to make about your last post...>
  • ajacat1ajacat1 Posts: 87
    Yeah, I know it's silly, but I figured since we'd be getting it for 25, it wouldn't be like we paid 29 or anything...we might get scalped a *bit* less...

How was the HMS Sienna? :)
    The good ship Sienna? Good.. it was good... I'm reserving judgement, but not yet condemning... ;)

Depreciation? Well, after 4yrs, I figure my MPV is worth about $9k less than when I bought it, but $13k less than original MSRP.
    If we were to wait for the 2004 with the all-important rear-discs (just kidding kind of :)), what's the usual pricing for MPVs before clearance time? I just became acquainted with them recently. Do they go for near MSRP for a bit? Will the discounts start in December? What's their pattern, if there is one?

thanks
    Have you all looked at one, esp. the SE? I liked it a lot, big but to me drove like a car--price is comparable w/Sienna (i.e. unless several stocks come in, we're not there :)). That's why we wandered over to MPV land--although you know, a car sales guy who is a bit of a speedster took the Quest SE and the MPV out and said that the MPV handled better and was more fun generally--but the Quest might be more fun than the Sienna...and it's got all those beautiful skylights...just an idea.
  • mazda_guymazda_guy Posts: 183
    Take it to the dealer. Friend of mine had the same brake prblem with brand new 2002 LX. They fixed at no cost.

mazda guy
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Initially they'll probably go for close to MSRP, especially with all the new features we've been teased with.

I don't believe there is a fixed pattern for when they start discounting them, it really depends on the market demand. IIRC, the '03's got discounted early on, and there's been a rebate for quite some time now.

-Brian
  • acedriveracedriver Posts: 131
    Well, our local Mazda dealer shows that the 2004 Tributes are on their way and they already have a customer cash back of $1500 !!! :-)
    Thanks Brian and ace--I know with some cars it's just a matter of wait 'til December...but the early $1500 off the Tributes is a nice enticement to wait for what's behind door #2004...

On the other hand, a bunch of 2002s have suddenly cropped up, some with low mileage...we just may go with that, if we can find an ES w/power door.
  • bob57bob57 Posts: 302
    Wait a minute...was that a Sienna and MPV Java was holding up while standing in the stream???
    Subtle reflection of "I'm up to my butt in muddy water decisions..."?
    ;))
    BTW - what did you think of the dashboard shifter? If they made it long enough they could compete with the MPV possibly.
  • bsvollerbsvoller Posts: 528
    Alright you guys, I promise to stop obscessing over rear disks, already !

(But they still look a heck of a lot better, ha!)

:)

-brianV
    OH what a dilemma...what would you do? Can get a 2002 ES that, once we made it what we want (moonroof, other little items like roof rack, etc.), would be $2300 less than the best price we can find on an ES right now...

It's got 13K miles on it...but it would only have 1 year of the warranty left. A new one would have 4 years (because the 2002s only had 3 years).

What would you do? Money isn't so guaranteed right now, so the 2300 would be nice, but is that being penny-wise and pound foolish? Or is a program car a *must*-avoid?

any thoughts would be appreciated...
    elsie the Libra who can't make up her freakin' mind!
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    Well, it's used, even if they call it a 'program' car. If it looks/feels/runs like new, AND you're comfortable with buying it used, then there shouldn't be a problem. I'd haggle with 'em a bit to see if they'll cut you some slack on a extended warranty (freebie? probably not), but that shouldn't be a deal killer.

-Brian
    hmmm...didn't mean to bother everyone *twice* with that. Some little glitch.

Brian, thanks for your reply. I had your very thought re the extended warranty--he said to get the equivalent warranty would be over 1K...the thing is that it's about 3 hrs. drive from us, and haggling isn't what I want to do, but I am so tempted by the price...

Re buying used: we've *always* bought used before, usually 3 y.o., but single owner trades or leases, not programs. Programs I see as one step above rentals, which would be out of the question for us because I know how we --ahem--drive rentals...

best
    elsie
    probably going to lose sleep over this tonight
    on another website--momentary lapse--
    I'm really Carolyn, just so no one gets confused :)
  • mazfan1mazfan1 Posts: 26
    I email MAZDA to try to confirm the changes on the 04 MAZDA MPV and this is what i got back:

MPV
     New headlights and combination light design
     New hood and front fender design
     New front and rear bumper design
     New front grille design
     New side sill extensions
     New 16" allow wheel design
     New 17" alloy wheel design
     Add side marker lights
     [non-permissible content removed] standard fog lights
    Wow, fog lights off the back. That's an interesting choice...;)
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,914
    If you refresh after posting, your message will get posted again. It's a *feature* of our software. The trick is to click on Recent Messages to see if anyone has replied since you posted (or go anywhere else in Town Hall and then come back to the discussion you were reading).

You can always delete your own posts at any time too (and sometimes a host will do a bit of housekeeping <g>).

Steve, Host