Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• rumor24rumor24 Posts: 74
    No problem. Anderson nissan/mazda/suzuki in Rockford IL. They will treat you right not only in the service area but in the sales area as well. If you want to email me, I will give you the phone number for the dealership and easy directions on how to get there from I90. I have had really good luck with them at this dealership and they own a toyota dealership which treated me well also. They also have a mazda dealership in sycamore as well but I just don't know how there service is. The ones in Rockford are really good to work with.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    Anderson direction
    I-90(W) > I-39(N) > Rt-55W (3 mi) > R-Turn on N Alpine Rd. (between Rt-55/Rt-25)
  • rumor24rumor24 Posts: 74
    Well, there you go. Bigdadi must have been there before. Ther is 2 people who are familiar with the dealer then. Must be ok.
  • tom2003tom2003 Posts: 1
    bottgers, I've been trying to figure out what to do with my 2003 MPV with 4 seasons, re: trailer hitches. I read you post and was encouraged.
    etrailers.com looks good. Do you have any advice? Can you tell me the specific hitch and harness you bought? At this point, I'm planning on calling etrailers.com to place the order so that they can help me out getting the correct stuff. The hitch looks straight forward - I think I'll get the Hidden Hitch class III round tube hitch they have (my MPV does not have the GFX package), but the harness (or hardwire kit?) is confusing to me. How bout Wiring Harness Mounting Brackets? Are they necessary? I just want to make sure I get everything I need.

Thanks in advance!
    I think it is not a bad idea to call mazda re whether it'll affect b2b warranty before purchasing the trailer hitch from outsider instead of OEM. The hitch installation involves hookup of elec. wiring to the car. Later if there is a problem on something then they may blame on the hitch wiring since it's not approved or installed by Mazda.
    I heard horrible story that under warranty but dealer refused service / repair due to a remote starter was installed and dealer won't touch the car until the remote starter is UN-installed even there's already a svc bulletin re same problem.
  • kolt1kolt1 Posts: 25
    Question about changing the oil filter on a 2004 LX. Do you have to remove the plastic shroud directly below the filter (or at least loosen it)? After removing the filter, how much work is it to clean off the manifold pipe which is also located below the filter? Last but not least, what size socket removes the drain plug? Thanks in advance for all answers/suggestions.
  • owr084owr084 Posts: 46
    On my 2002, I remove the bolts from the shroud in the middle and passenger side. Cover the manifold with foil and you will have no clean up problem. Not sure off the top of my head the size of the drain plu, but it is metric ;)

RBB
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    MPV market. While it is true that I don't see nearly as many in Fresno, CA. as the Odys, Siennas, etc. it fills a great niche market as a "mini" van and its interior space is hugely functional. I would hate to see it disappear.

John, '02 LX
    It seems the MPV posting areas are pretty quiet for past week. After the hardshift problem is pretty much settled by reflash of TCM & PCM, probably no new problem pops up. I love my PeeVee.
  • rickc5rickc5 Posts: 378
    No problems, good mileage (23.3 calculated on the last fill-up). Quiet, comfortable, as much room as we need. We love it!
    a couple of weeks ago.

2004 LX
    -LX Plus Pkg
    -4 Seasons Towing Pkg
    -Traction Control w/Side Air Bags
    -Power Sliding Doors
    -Whitewater Pearl Paint

So far, very satisfied. The firmer driver's seat is going to take awhile to break in.
    I traded in a 13 yr. old Chevy Lumina APV (bought new) with 144k on the odo. I figure this one should last me at least 20yrs and 200k miles.
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    The hitch I ordered from etrailer.com is the class III HiddenHitch with a 2" receiver part #70583. The wiring kit I used is the 4 pole hardwire kit part #18251. You don't need to oreder anything else as the hitch and wiring kit come with everything you need.
  • rotarykidrotarykid Posts: 191
    15mm wrench for the oil drain plug......
  • Here's a link to an AutoWeek.com Driver's Log where they have tested an '04 MPV, looks like an ES. http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_cod- e=carboard&loc_code=index&content_code=07078084

I'm very happy with my '04 Sunlight Silver ES and I am glad to read favorable reports on the MPV that don't also include "great vehicle but not as big as the others". Sometimes smaller really is better!
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    .....could just get the PeeVee's gas mileage up there where it should be......
  • mikmmikm Posts: 1
    I want to know if anybody out there has any information on the 2005 mpv and what, if any additional features it will have. Will it get a horsepower boost? Also will it have any additional safety features such as stability control and three row side curtain airbags? No luck contacting Mazda.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,016
    Try looking in the Mazda MX-Flexa / Mazda4 discussion. (Post #1 suggests few changes for '05).

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854
    Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
    The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I'm closing in on 1000 miles and would like to hear some opinions on whether I should change the oil or wait. I've read some of the past posts regarding this topic and was also wondering about whether I could/should change grades and/or go with a synthetic. I've been using 5W-30 in all of my vehicles (every 3k) since the early 90's and have not had one major engine problem. I understand that I would probably see a drop in mpg if I changed to a 5W-30, but I believe it would be minimal. One side note... I will be taking a 400+ mile road trip this weekend and am strongly considering changing it over to 5W-30 synthetic. I welcome all suggestions and opinions. BTW, the thing runs like a top, can't wait to get it out on the open highway for a few hours.