Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• auerbachauerbach Member Posts: 110
    Someone has posted this in the past - and it is what I did when I purchased my MPV. Get the invoice of the LX, add the invoice price of all options - (available right here on Edmunds's site) then subtract the $1,000 dealer incentive. Offer this price to the dealer. If they have a lot of them on the lot, they should take it. The dealership we went to had about 40.

I did ask for the special financing, but couldn't get it with the dealer incentive. In our situation the monthly difference between the two deals (one price with the incentive/no special financing and one without the incentive and special financing) came to only a few dollars per month.
    We took the lower price. Good luck!
  • elvis_hooelvis_hoo Member Posts: 12
    I finally bought a Contour V-6 K&N filter to see if it would fit the MPV since they have the same engine. Well, it's close, but it definitely does not fit, so until K&N gets around to making a filter for the MPV, we're out of luck.
    I sure hope you can return that part!!
  • tboner1965tboner1965 Member Posts: 647
    Did you try putting the K&N in the plastic bracket that holds the MPV filter? I know the MPV filter is bigger than the Contour's, but I wondered if the Contour filter would fit inside that plastic that holds the MPV's filter element. They looked pretty close (within millimeters) but could not tell.

I tried to get someone to send me an old MPV air filter, so I could try it, but no one seemed willing.

I guess you've tested this for us.

Thanks,

TB
  • bugabooxbugaboox Member Posts: 23
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/press/date/20000807/press022313.html?NEWS

Can anyone think of another car that could use this engine?
  • mjdubie2mjdubie2 Member Posts: 3
    We just bought our MPV and are looking for a plastic cargo mat similiar to the one we had in our Grd. Caravan (which we were happy to get rid of to get the MPV). We tried our local 'Toys for Trucks' and CarX with no luck. Does anyone know where we could find one? We are looking for a mat that has about 1" edges on it to protect the carpeting. It was a life saver in the Caravan.
    Thanks.
  • cyclerklmcyclerklm Member Posts: 26
    Weathertech has custom cargo liners for the MPV. They have two designs... one fits the rear well, the other fits the area behind the second seat when the third seat is folded. Both have a lip. They seem rather expensive, but they are custom for the vehicle.

http://www.weathertech.com/Mazdaliners.htm
    http://www.weathertech.com/

Does anybody have one of these? I'd be interested in how it looks and fits.
  • brmudabrmuda Member Posts: 50
    I'm very familiar with Weathertech floor mats (made by MacNeil co.). I have had them in both cars for several yrs. Their unique design will hold a lot of water (melted snow & salt) that helps save the carpet. They clean up very easily & I've found a quick application of ArmorAll after cleaning really helps them retain good look & keeps rubber from drying out & cracking. I would think/hope their cargo liners are just as good. I'm hoping to purchase new MPV within next few wks. As soon as I decide on interior color, I'll be ordering complete set of mats & liner from them. They're certainly NOT CHEAP yet I've found them to be well worth the $$. You won't be disappointed w/their quality & funcionality.
  • milairdmilaird Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have a part # for the rear bumper step plate? I just purchased and it's the only thing left from the deal and they're dragging their feet saying they don't know what it is.
    Thanks
    Mitch
    This is from my invoice for the step plate:
    Part Number: 0000-88-STPL

Interestingly, under the BIN category on the invoice it says SP-ORD, which I would assume means Special Order?

I just walked in to the Parts Department and asked for one - didn't special order it.

I hope this helps.
  • openroadopenroad Member Posts: 1
    We would like to carry about 165 pounds of kayak and canoe on the roof of the 2000 MPV. It has a factory installed roof rack that the manual says will support 100 pounds. So both the weight and width of the rack are currently insufficient. Both Yakima and Thule make a clip on roof rack that will adapt to the existing rack rails, offering more width. Some rack dealers say that these adapted racks will hold 165 pounds, and others are kind of leery to recommend it. Thule makes a rack that will connect to the inside door frame and can easily hold 165 pounds, but it is questionable if it can clear the factory roof rack. Yakima says that they will probably have a similar model available next year that will clear the factory rack. Whew. Does anybody out there have any practical experience to help me cut through this mess so we can get out and do some fishing? I haven't contacted Mazda directly. I figure they would just give me the company line about not exceeding 100 pounds.
  • mjdubie2mjdubie2 Member Posts: 3
    I just ordered the cargo mat. I'll let you know how it works out.
  • brantybranty Member Posts: 53
    I did not get the roof rack option on my ES. I think it spoils the look to the van.

I did have a Thule rack for my '90 MPV so I simply bought the "fit kit" and am using it whenever I need it on my ES. The reason I went to Thule was just as you pointed out - factory roof racks are not meant to carry much weight. I do not have any experience on whether the Thule rack would sit above the factory rack.
  • jb03jb03 Member Posts: 31
    Hello everyone. I've been following all of the posts here since late March. All of the information provided here was very helpful in my negotiation and purchase of a 2000 MPV LX on yesterday. Here's a list of the options and price paid:

MPV LX
    Highlight Silver
    Touring Package
    Four Seasons
    Rear Air
    Fog Lights
    3-in-1 Audio
    Roof Rack

MSRP was $26,300
    Dealer offered $1,000 below invoice AND special financing. My price $22,999 (excl. tax & license)

I was able to negotiate the deal based on the information provided in the posts that many of you have provided here.

If you are in the Detroit Metro Area, check out Metro Mazda in Ferndale. The salesperson that I dealt with was James Fordham.

I look forward to posting here regularly now that I am a full fledged MPV Owner.

My wife and I love the van and its amenities. I showed the van to several co-workers today, one of whom recently purchased an Odyssey and spent $6,000 more (ouch!!!), all were impressed. The clincher was when I backed out of the driveway last night with the family and one of the neighborhood kids stated, "Hey, that's a cool van." Enough said.

As many of you have already posted, the van is initially slow from a standing start, but above 30 mph and at highway speeds, the van has good power, smooth kickdown, and handles beautifully at all speeds. I now only have 120 miles on the van but I have not experienced any body lean, pull to one side or vibration (manufacture date is 4-1-2000). After the next couple of fill-ups, I'll add my gas mileage information just in case someone is still keeping record.

Well, enough said for now. I'll be sure to keep future posts shorter.

Regards,

JB
  • elvis_hooelvis_hoo Member Posts: 12
    I did take a close look at the MPV's filter frame to see if it would fill in the gaps with the K&N, but it did not look as though it would. Also, that would have necessitated tearing apart the existing filter, since the frame is glued to it. Again, it was fairly close, but not close enough for me to take the plunge. Also, it seems to me that since the K&N was somewhat smaller than the OEM filter, that might diminish some of the gain of the increased airflow. Finally, since the K&N is not rigid like the OEM, if it doesn't fit snugly, it falls completely out of place in the airbox!

The folks at SP Performance (thanks for the info, tboner) were very cool about taking the part back. In fact, when I ordered it, I told them what I was doing, and the guy said that it was worth a try, and if it didn't fit, I could return it.

Now I guess I'll call K&N once a month to bug them about making a filter for our van. I don't see how it could be that hard; they just need to get the OEM dimensions and duplicate them.

I'm still keen to put in an underdrive pulley (I've had great results on my Sentra with one of those), but I think I'll probably wait until I need to change the belts anyway since that's one of the steps in installing the pulley. Has anyone put one of those in a Contour? What were the results?
  • tboner1965tboner1965 Member Posts: 647
    Check out www.contour.org and go to the forums.

You will get lots of infomation there.

I've not done the UDP yet, but that is on my list o'mods for the 'tour. And when it is time to change the current air filter in the MPV, I'll probably tear the factory filter apart and see if I can marry it to my Contour's K&N, unless K&N gets off the dime and makes one.

Perhaps if you give them the dimensions of the factory unit, there is already a filter that fits and they just don't know yet?

Cheers,

TB

Cheers,

TB
  • dlncmaydlncmay Member Posts: 27
    Congratulations on your purchase and welcome. Sounds like you got a great price for a great van.

Take care.
  • dnamarteldnamartel Member Posts: 16
    ....Mazda will announce a 3.0L engine for the '01 MPV next week ?? Does not look promising. Sure would be a well kept secret.
  • javadocjavadoc Member Posts: 1,167
    Isn't Mazda's release date the 21st? That's the last I've heard about dates. The ES seems like a great deal actually. We were going to buy one, but the wife didn't want leather (it's her daily driver anyhow), so we got the LX w/everything that's standard on the ES (and then some), hold the mayo (joke), for about $800 less than the ES.

Regarding the leather though. I love leather. It's not that cold/hot really, and it repels stains like the dickens. But that's just an opinion.

Cheers!

--Javadoc
    I just read a post regarding seat covers. Just the other day, I was bored waiting in line at a local Taco joint drive-thru (trying to decide on the MegaMondo Burrito, or the Gargatuan Nachos), reading the owner's manual of my newly aquired Volvo, and something struck me that I needed to share:

Volvo will strictly NOT cover the seats or entire SRS system if they have been covered with a seat cover because it defeats the side airbags, and can cause "great personal injury or death," according to the owner's manual of our Volvo. Simply put, it voids the warranty. I suspect it could very well mover the passenger in the seat enough to cause great danger or harm.

I would urge anyone considering putting seat covers on the front seats of their SIDE-AIRBAG EQUIPPED front seats to NOT put seat covers on them, for their safety alone.

Thx,

--Javadoc
  • mpruittmpruitt Member Posts: 18
    This has probably been discussed to death, but if I may ask again: When is Mazda planning to upgrade the engine for the new MPV? thanks.
  • bugabooxbugaboox Member Posts: 23
    To my knowledge, Mazda has not offically announced changes to their 2001 line. The "What's New for 2001" link at Edmunds.com lists only the Tribute under changes for Mazda. A dealer I talked to around the first of July said that they wouldn't have their "clinic" until August. However, this month's Automobile magazine (just out on the shelves) is the first car magazine to list all the 2001 changes for all automakers. They summarized Mazda's changes for 2001 but did not say one solitary word about the MPV. I take that to mean "no changes."

I posted above at #273 an article I read on theautochannel.com about Mazda putting a 3.0 liter in the 626 due to falling sales and competition. I didn't get the impression that this is the Duratec engine even though it is a joint venture with Ford. You engine guys out there know anything about this? Since the manufacturing facility for this engine is Michigan (aren't the Duratecs manufactured in Cleveland?), I could see Mazda gearing this engine for use in other vehicles besides the 626.

This time last year Mazda was saying that a bigger engine was in the works for 2001. Yet I and others on this thread have called Mazda USA to be told that the new engine MAY be coming for 2002 but not for 2001. There's also been an article saying there would be major changes across-the-line for Mazda in 2002. It's taken Mazda 3 model years to get a 3.0 liter in the current iteration of the 626 while Toyota and Honda have been selling hundreds of thousands of 3.0 liter midsize sedan products during that same time. What makes anybody think that Mazda's going to be any quicker on the draw with their minivan?

I'm curious as to how you guys know when Mazda is going to release their 2001 changes. I hadn't heard or seen any date, but thought it would be end of July or beginning of August.

Sorry for rambling, but IMHO, I'd be very surprised to see a 3.0 liter for 2001, and would be somewhat surprised to see it for 2002. I've been watching and waiting for Mazda's changes, and will be anxious to see them, hopefully next week as you've said.
    dlncmay: Thanks for the welcome. I think it was a great deal and shows that some dealers are willing to offer both the full $1000 incentive AND the special financing, especially for the end of this model year.

kgvan: When I was ready to purchase, I went to the Mazda website as mentioned by someone else here in the forum. The Mazda site now has a feature that allows you to email up to six dealers in your area with your specific vehicle requirements. I sent an email to six local dealers with my specifications, 3 or 4 dealers responded within a day or two. One dealer quoted above invoice which was unacceptable. Two dealers quoted $1,000 below invoice, each on the same vehicle with all of the options I specified. I contacted the two lowest dealers, one was willing to provide both the $1,000 incentive plus special financing.

All in all, the experience was good with some additional negotiation required. Once your local dealers respond to your request, try to negotiate both the full dealer incentive and the special financing.

Regards,

JB
  • kgvankgvan Member Posts: 6
    JB Thanks so much. I was on Mazda's website yesterday. Is what you used called "Build your own" or was it the autobytel.com link on mazda's site?? Thanks....kgvan
  • billygee1billygee1 Member Posts: 5
    $24.5k...
    MPV ES w/CD changer, power moon & roof rack.
    This including tax. All that's left is the transfer of license. This was without me telling the dealer what I was going to pay Him.
    I don't recall if the 4 season pkg was included. Can anyone out there tell me how the heating is? I fugure if I blast it from the floor vents it'll be ok. Comments are appreciated
    Bill
    It is the "Build your own" link that you want.

Regards,

JB
  • gmd3gmd3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm noting lots of buyers opting for this package. If my understanding is correct, you also need the Security package, for a total outlay of $1,280. Is the 4-Seasons Package really necessary in Northern New Jersey? (Is this the only way to get a rear defogger?) I assume all vans come with a defroster but I can't tell from the literature.

Thanks,
    gmd3
  • canielcaniel Member Posts: 28
    That's exactly what we did with our purchase - 1000 below invoice plus dest. and invoice options.
    The dealer took our offer with no questions.
    On the 4-S package. With the four seasons you get a Heavy Duty rear defogger (without 4-S you still get the basic one), larger winshield washer tank, larger radiator and extra cooling fan, aux. cooler for the transmission, and rear heat. I highly recommend the 4-S because, if you have rear air, you can only regulate the temp of the cold air if you have the rear heat also. We regret we didn't get the 4-S - and at only $350, its a small price to pay for, potentially, greater life of your engine and transmission - due to the transmission cooler and larger radiator. Best Wishes
  • vicjorvicjor Member Posts: 11
    Just purchased an lx with 4 season, security, rack, fog, at invoice, didn't take the 1,000 off but I did take the fin. at 4.9% for 4 year. I am ok with it.

did anyone get the teather strap for the kid seats in the second row chairs?
  • julyarjulyar Member Posts: 35
    I just installed tether straps on both of our car seats over the weekend. It really secures the top of the carseat to the seat, but you still need to get the seatbelt really tight to secure the bottom portion of the carseat. It was a breeze to install, you just attack it to the carseat according to the instructions and then hook it to the anchor on the floor behind the second row. It does get in the way of the feet of the 3rd row passeangers a bit though, but for us it is rare for anybody to be sitting back there.
    That a load of bull from a salesperson. The 4 Seasons option is free standing and requires no other package purchase to obtain. My source is the Mazda website, Edmunds web site, carsdirect.com. The 4 Seasons is a real good idea on this van no matter where you drive it, IMHO!
    Thanks for the response. Did you have to buy the tether anchor from mazda or is it already there?
  • dcoldcol Member Posts: 6
    You get the tether anchors from the Mazda dealer. At some point they will be standard in the van but I don't know when (look at the floor between the second and third row of seats-- if they're already in your van you'll see two flat "covers" (about 2" X 5") hiding the anchors themselves.) My dealer charged about $11 each and installed them free (although other posters have done it themselves easily). The tether strap comes from the child safety-seat manufacturer, and most will send it to you free if your seat didn't already come with one.

We've had our MPV for 11 months and 9000+ miles and still love it.
  • bigdipperbigdipper Member Posts: 8
    Can either of you describe what the Anchor kit looks like and what is needed. I recently found a small bag, in one of our many junk drawers, which contains a bolt, washer & black metal piece with two holes, one for the bolt and the other which looks like it may attach to the hook of the tether strap. Our car seat comes with a tether strap and this bag may have been misplaced over a year ago when we first purchased it.
    Has anyone purchased a car seat which came with both tether strap and anchor kit? Our car seat is made by Century and we did have one prior to that from Fisher Price.
    Thanx
    be bought two car seats both centry. Iit did come with a tether strap and that you for reminding me I will check tonight i think it came with bolt and anchor. If not going back to the dealer for my 1,000 free check up, I will have it installed then.

My wife loves the van even though she hates to admit it. But I wish I had the extra money and got the touring pakage.

I tryed real hard to find a basic es but none in the LI, NY area.
    Our "Safe Embrace" seat came with tethers. This included mounting hardware also (bolt, bracket, washers). We had the dealer install their anchors though. We were charged $15 for the parts, and install was free during an oil change, and very professional looking.

--java
    Maybe I am doing the wrong thing here.... I saw these little loop things on the floor between the second and third row, close to the sides of the van. They are beige color like my interior and look like about 1 inch long and bolted to the floor. Am I using the wrong thing to anchor the seats? These were already on the van, manufacture date 8/99, I did not have them installed. Anybody who knows for sure what the anchors look like and where they are installed, please post. I will look at the manual to see if there is any info there.
  • todd48todd48 Member Posts: 22
    Julyar and others- see post #303 above. I also installed the tether strap and like many others, I had to learn all of this info by asking many, many questions, as the dealers seemed to have no clue. What you need to do is fold down the third seat and get inside the van on your hands and knees, so you can see the PERFORATED OVALS in the carpeting behind the 2nd row seats. Once you cut out the oval in the carpeting and the thick foam pad underneath, you will see a the threaded hole in the metal where the anchor bolt goes. The kit from Mazda is the one you want to use here, because it comes with a nice plastic molded piece that fits into that hole in the carpeting and comes with a cap to cover it when the tether strap is not in use. I bought the kit and installed mine in about 10 minutes. Hope this helps!
    sorry about my previous spelling, (key board and network problems)

The mazda has 4 hook, 2 along each side behind the second row seats these are just tie downs. I have been using them for the tether until I get the right part from mazda. Todd 48 has hit it right on the bitton weth the right part from mazda, because if anyone is going to be using the back for anything who needs two bolts sticking up right in the middle of the bed.

Thanks for all the information.
  • kgvankgvan Member Posts: 6
    Am close to buying. (Please scroll up to post #287 for more specifics.) But am still wondering if rear AC is really necessary in the Midwest, Milwaukee area??

I'v narrowed it down to an LX w/4 Seasons & Security Pkg. Anyone have experience w/o the Rear AC in this neck of the woods?? ( Although it hasn't been a very hot summer.) Is the rear air really worth the $512 extra? A kid or 2 would probably sit in the middle & back seat. Any help would be appreciated . Am looking to buy after Sept 1. Thanks.
  • tim104tim104 Member Posts: 3
    Just completed a 1200 mile vacation in the new MPV LX. It now has about 2000 miles. No problems on the trip. With a 72 lb. canoe on the rack, 3 bicycles strapped on the back, the rear seat down with the rear storage area completely full the van consistently averaged 23 mpg in mostly highway driving. The creature comforts are nice, lots of room to store drinks, maps, glasses etc.

The van doesn't have the accelleration of our 92 Caravan 3.0 v6. Heavily loaded it cruised well at 65 mph, but struggled on the hills with the rpms revving to 4k as the transmission downshifted to take the incline. Also, the transmission doesn't shift very smoothly when starting out. The engine revs a bit before the transmission lurches into the next gear.

The "fit and finish" is very good. The ride is very good and the handling excellent for a van. Don't believe the reports the van is too small. It is longer than our 92 Caravan and holds just as much gear.

Changing the oil filter is downright dangerous, as the scratches on my hand took several days to heal.

I expect the van will last a long time but I plan on babying it more than the Dodge. I will probably service the transmission every 24k instead of every 36k. Those that worry about the 2.5L being underpowered have a legitimate concern if they plan on driving lots of miles over hilly terrain with heavey loads. I don't expect we will drive our MPV more than 10k per year and will probably use the Caravan if we go to the Mountains or take another trip like the one we just took.

Overall it is an above average vehicle and offers many options you can only get in the higher priced Honda. I reluctantly agree with those who feel a 3.0 L engine is needed. That would bring this vehicle much closer to perfection in a moderately priced van.
    Your use of the MPV and comments regarding the power of the van is exactly the reason for my not buying yet. It really broke my heart that the near perfect interior & exterior design did not receive a bigger engine for '01. I've taken a long test drive in SF area and found the engine and drive train annoying, leaping to 4k RPM to maintain speed on inclines. I think many current owners are more forgiving in this matter than I. There are long term consequences that owners with only 7-15k miles may not see for a few years, especially those w/o 4-Seas, imho.

A '97 Quest GXE w/lthr & sunroof through imotors.com buying service at around $16.5k will have to substitute for a MPV ES w/same. I'll be patient waiting for Mazda to address the engine issue. Until then I'll be looking at all the MPVs in bay area hoping to join them when/if new engine is available.

My best to those who found the MPV to be the jewel they were seeking, there is nothing else quite like it on the market at the price.
  • billygee1billygee1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm really happy to become part of the MPVamily! I'm excited to say I'll be picking up my ES on 8/22
    I've got the whole kiboodle of options including the nlev emissions (included in the options of this particular piece of inventory!) which leads me to my question...what is it & is it an efficiancy thing or "clean-air" thing? Why is it an option?
    Just curious... Also, I have the 6cd changer. Silly question, but is this the top stereo? It has 9 speakers right?
    Thanks to everyone that can help.
    BillG.
    ...that robs 10 horsepower decreasing the engines output to 160 hp from an already challenged, imho, 170 hp. Its not really an option, its required in certain states.

The good news is you have the high end killer stereo system that includes a sub.
    If the MPV had the 3.0 engine in it, it would be faster than the Honda van, and since it already has the better looks, finish, and handling, then it would probably be more difficult to find than the ODY, and higher priced!! The engine drawback, for some, is what makes this vehicle a good value being that it is priced well below comparable vans from Toy and Hon.

dnamartel,

Funny thing, with the Quest. Because we had a 97 Quest which we gave up for the MPV, and I found that going up hill, the Quest while revving a little lower RPMs did not handle the up hill as well as the MPV does. Sure the MPV is revving at about 4500, while the Quest at about 3000, but the MPV accelerates, or maintains the speed better. Some of us just don't like to see the tachometer that high, otherwise, the MPV is faster than the Quest you substituted it for, both on the flats, and in the hills. I have to admit though that the engine in the Quest is a little quieter.

Best of luck to you all.
  • elvispresleyelvispresley Member Posts: 1
    dnamartel,

Has it been confirmed that the 2001 MPV will NOT have an engine change? Where can I find more details? Gracias!
  • lnsvjrhlnsvjrh Member Posts: 1
    I bought an LX with Touring, GFX, sun, roof rack, rr air, 6 disc, $24.2K. I swore I would never own a mini van but I enjoy this one. It's a nice Mazda market niche for mini-van haters like myself.

Second day after ownership I loaded 2 bikes to the roof along with a Yakima Rocket Box (luggage carrier), a 2" receiver bike rack off the back with three bikes on it. The interior loaded to the ceiling along with two kids and two adults. Mazda would have cringed if they saw this. Went 900 miles to the Colorado Mountains.

So we not only have a lot of weight but a lot of wind resistance. Suspension was totally maxed out. I got 18 mpg on average. YES, I think the vehicle would be better with a 3.0 but I also think it is fine the way it is. It performed better than I anticipated. It dogged at times in the mountains but so did my Subaru Legacy, Mitsubishi Montero and any other vehicle I have taken out west. The perfect vehicle would have been a Chev. Suburban but I'm not sure what I would do with it the rest of the year...you need aircraft marshallers with illuminated wands to help you park the damn things. I am glad I didn't wait for this phantom someday 3.0 liter to come out, I love the vehicle as is. If they put a 3.0 in it, hopefully they will return the air suspension system to it!
  • humuhumu1humuhumu1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to purchase an LX with 4-seasons, security package, rear ac, and 3-in-1 audio. I've been told that the fog lights and roof rack usually come equipped with these options as well, and it would be difficult to find a vehicle with the above packages but without the fog lights and roof rack. Is this true? Also, could anyone share their thoughts about how important/useful are the fog lights and roof rack? I live in southern CA and don't have a large family, so I was not planning on getting those two options. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks all!
  • evaddaveevaddave Member Posts: 156
    I can't speak to the availability of the MPVs w/o fog lights and roof rack, but ours has both and I can give you my opinions on them.

First, the roof rack: I think it makes the van look better. We have the ES with ground effects, and that may have something to do with it as well. I've seen MPVs with the GFX but not the roof rack and they seem a little "incomplete."

Second, the fog lights: I think the fog lights improve the visibility of the vehicle. Note that I'm not talking about how well the driver sees outward, but about how well other drivers see the van. To me, the more lights I have on, the more likely someone else will see me. This is not as big an issue with the MPV as it is with my del Sol, for example. Because the MPV is much bigger it is more likely to be seen, but it never hurts to have the extra lights on.
  • mass3mass3 Member Posts: 6
    I live in the Boston, Ma area and am looking to but rain guards for my LX LPV. Mazda does not make them the rain pours in every time I take a corner.