Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Echo

Comments

• kneisl1kneisl1 Posts: 1,685
    How many people live in Canada? 31,000 isnt an aweful lot either, but perhaps as a percentage of population its worth Toyotas while. Those hatch ECHOs are so good looking! Ive heard local used car dealers near the border are selling examples of them in the US. True? :confuse:
  • It's coming. See the 2006 Toyota Echo thread in Future Vehicles.

-Andrew L
  • rossm2rossm2 Posts: 96
    Canada has about 31 million. The Echo is usually in the top 10 in sales.
  • pulgopulgo Posts: 400
    There were more Echo's sold than Ford Focus. Gas taxes are also higher in Canada than in the US and that explains the many small car sales.
  • Sorry for taking so long to write back.
    You were so right...they said it was bcos of the pulley...
    I dont know exactly what they did, but the noise is gone.
    Thanks so much...this time around it was so much easier to get them to fix it, the last time I went, they had no idea what to look for.
    Good! I just hope the noise doesnt come back!
    Thats what I figure it will cost to drive my ECHO if gas hits $3 a gallon. My wifes Camry will be more like $20 a week.
  • That must have been recently posted because I had checked that a couple months ago. Not bad - seems like it may be smaller though and that gets to be a little impracticle for most people. Interested to see it when it comes out! However, I still like my car and don't plan on replacing anytime soon.
  • Look at this thread: lexi4life, "2007 Toyota Echo/Yaris" #1, 13 Sep 2004 9:45 pm

The new Yaris (Echo replacement) is significantly roomier than the Echo hatchback - 3" longer, 3.5" longer wheelbase, 1" taller, 1.3" wider. While I don't have the interior measurements yet, it is said to have the same room as the current Corolla, other than the trunk.
    My 2001 ECHO has its first problem. I was changing the transmission oil today and noticed some oil over on the right hand side of the undercarriage. Come to find out the power steering pump had oil all over it. Usually when this happens its a leaking pressure hose. Going to look at the service manual and see what is involved.
  • Sorry to here about your problem. Pretty good though for an almost 5 year-old car. I guess you'll just have to buy a Yaris - electric power steering with no hydraulics to leak. :shades: :)
    Well there really ISNT anything wrong with the ECHO!. I had wiped the oil off everything I could see yesterday and looked again today to see...no new oil. THEN I remembered when I refilled the engine with oil last weekend after changing it, the funnel slipped and some oil got all over the exhaust manifold (behind the engine). Thats what must have gotten all over the power steering pump. Yep my car is still cherry! ;)
  • You must not drive many miles....
    Im only averaging so far 6000 miles per year. At that rate it will take 20 years to go 120,000. This might be my last car!
  • I recently bought a 2001 echo, i love the car but i hate the tires, so tiny , i heard that i can change the 175/65R14 for 185/60R15 or 195/50R15, are there any other sizes that could fit? and what brand do you suggest for good snow handling? Thanks
  • Yes, those other sizes will fit. For best snow driving, you want a narrow tires, so the standard size will be best. Wider tires will improve summer driving however. Your best bet is to put winter tires on the 14" rims and summer (not all season) tires on 15" rims. :)
  • Oh!, i thought wider tires would be better for snow handling, are you sure that the stock 14" tires are good in snow? Thanks
  • I took my driving test in a heavy snow storm many years ago and was also originally a physics major - yes, I'm sure! In order to have control in snow and ice, you need maximal pounds pressure per square inch. Wider tires give you larger contact patches (good on dry surfaces), but therefore fewer pounds per square inch. You will float across the surface of the snow rather than dig into it. BTW, it isn't the 14" dimension that is good, it is the 175 width that is good. :D
    I would think twice before going to bigger tires on the ECHO. One of the ECHOs charms is that the steering is so quick and light. You would lose that with bigger tires. If I recall correctly the ECHO with stock tires pulls some pretty good skidpad numbers.