Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedans

Comments

• mollymaxmollymax Posts: 25
    Could you explain how that works? I know what an i-pod is, but not familiar with Mp3 and what does that have to do with the CD player?
  • stevebc16stevebc16 Posts: 1
    I just ordered an E350 with the Bi-Xenon lights. Given the good halogen system on the E class, the dealer sales rep did not really think that I needed the Bi-xenon lights. I have until the first week in August to delete the lights from my order and would appreciate any comments, both pro and con, regarding these lights.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. After a 12 year hiatus, I am returning to Mercedes Benz. I looked at the Lexus GS 300, BMW 530 XI, Accura RL and Audi A6 and was impressed with the new E350. I hope I made the right decision and would again appreciate any feedback from this forum.
    If you want the most miles per gallon.........check out the CDI.
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    is a standard format for music files. While the Ipod can play MP3 files, the Ipod also supports its own proprietary music format called AAC. Many companies make MP3 players that function basically like an Ipod. Only Apple makes a player that supports AAC.
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Posts: 336
    Had 1999 E w/xenons. Very bright but sharp cutoff. Now have 2001 E which had regular lights. Changed bulbs to Sylvania BrightStars. Big improvement and have light further down the road. Dealer installed n/c. All this for $40.
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Steve, I have the Bi-Xenons on my 2002 ML500. I have the regular headlights on my 2000 E430 sport. I really like the bi-xenons as they seem to be brighter and more focused.

For the xenons, the "brights" work on the same headlight. The shutter will be raised and lowered when you activate the high-beam lever. If you are outside the vehicle, you can hear the shutter click when it is activated.

If your headlights are in the off position and you want to "flash" someone, there is another light in your headlight assembly that will come on for that purpose. The xenons will not flash unless they are fully activated. That's what the additional "high beam" light is for. That is the way it is on my ML500.

I think you will like the xenons... so, go ahead and order them.

Mark
  • pguptapgupta Posts: 6
    I have a 2005 E320.CD changer plays MP3s. No problems. The dash readout does not give names of the songs. Everything else is ok.
  • pguptapgupta Posts: 6
    I have a 4 month old E320 with 3200 miles on it. After the 3000 mile diagnostic check-up, for the first time, I got a Low Battery message. Went away in 2-3 mins. Everything was normal for a few days. Since last evening, I have recieved the same message like 5 time over a 60 min driving period. All of the convenience features stop working, AC fan turns to lowest speed possible.

Can somebody help...What's going on?
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Looks like you have a defective battery. Take it in to the dealer for a replacement.

Funny thing, my 2000 E430 is still on the original battery. I have 29,800 miles on it and I will have had the car for 6 years coming up in October. I probably should replace the battery just so that I'm not stuck somewhere when it finally goes out.

Happy Motoring.. mark156
    I would replace it or carry a set of battery jumpers.
  • oceanmanoceanman Posts: 1
    I have the bi-xenon on my 05 E320 (standard with the appearance package)and are wonderful. I am 68 years old and need all the help I can get driving at night. They follow around curves and are great. I would not hesitate getting them.
  • Can any body tell me what the part number is and the model number is for the cd player that go's in my car.
    It is a 1995 E300D 4 dr sedan.
    It seem like the dealers where i am dont seem to know.
    And if any one knows what years fit.
    Thanks.
    Harold.
    warlock400.
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Posts: 336
    Looking for CD for 1999 E320. Any sellers other than dealers? They want $400 plus $200 for complete installation.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Maybe someone can point you in the direction of a website or something, but no one can directly sell anything in our Forums. I know you've been around plenty long enough to know that, but I just don't want anyone to misunderstand the nature of your request. :blush:
  • acco20acco20 Posts: 208
    Pat..............you really can "spank" diplomatically. smile:
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I think that's a compliment :-) but no "spank" intended ... honest!! :shades:
  • scooby6scooby6 Posts: 9
    2006 E350 with the exact same problem. A/C in AUTO mode, the fan seems to never cycle down once the car gets cool, so you have to manually overide. Dealer says this is normal, but it didn't happen in the E500 loaner they gave me (which has the same A/C system). Today, it wasn't nearly as hot, so it started out at about the 3rd highest fan speed; however, it still never cycled down. Seems that whatever speed it starts at, it tends to stay on that speed. Extremely annoying as you start to get too cold and can't comfortably listen to the radio. Having the manually select settings should not be the solution. Class Action anyone?
  • pisciottapisciotta Posts: 54
    Maybe you have the temperature setting to low (65-67) just guessing here, also when you set the temperature low and the fan is running high speed, as you turn the temperature setting up does the fan slow down?
  • scooby6scooby6 Posts: 9
    No, it's set a 72, when you turn it to 74 (goes in 2 degree increments), it doesn't slow down. Move again to 76, and it still doesn't slow down but the air now starts coming out warmer. Either it doesn't function properly, or this is just how it works - in which case I never would have leased if I had any idea.

Did I mention the dealer forgot to sign the lease! Couldn't I just take it back with no further obligation? Will check with an attorney.
  • pisciottapisciotta Posts: 54
    My friend just brought 06 E350 and just so you know the steering wheel controls for the radio dont play the preset stations, It scans from 87.1 to 108.5 that S*%*s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!