Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Blazer Transmission interchangeably

Can some one tell me an easy way to tell if a 97 blazer transmission will fit my son's 1998, both trucks are 4x4. Thanks in advance

Comments

• jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    Should work. I cannot think of any changes that were made in that model year transition that would affect the use of one over the other.
  • duntovduntov Posts: 133
    As far as i know thet are directly interchangable, however, the best option is to rebuild the transmiison that in in the vehicle. I know at least one transmission shop that recomends doing that if possible.

If you are going to obtain a good used 1997 Blazer transmission for less than $500 or $600 , and want to install it in a 1998 Blazer, I feel like it is worth the gamble.
  • Ok, thanks. I had been told that there was a change made, but the person that told me, could not remember if it was 96 or 97 when the change was made. I would have it rebuilt, but if I can change it myself, and get this transmission for $500, I figure I'm saving around $900. Thanks again.
  • duntovduntov Posts: 133
    One clue to the interchangability of the 1997 and 1998 Blazer transmissions it that the rebuild kits have the same part number....GM-24247300 which costs $356.93.
  • Ok , thanks. Never thought to look up part numbers. That makes sense..