Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Maxima

Comments

• eclipsegseclipsegs Posts: 66
    Fill me in on the "R" option. I'm very interested.
  • bahhumbugbahhumbug Posts: 5
    We went to Nissan Dealer and they wanted $106.00. So we went shopping and found through the weekly flyer that Farm and Fleet in Sterling, Illinois had them on sale for $49.99. They are called LeBra. Regularly they were priced at $65.00. Check around as ours fits perfectly. You may have to make a special order, we did and it only took about 10 days to get it. On the box it says that you can drive it dry - a very good plus; that works also as we checked it out.
  • txcarbuyertxcarbuyer Posts: 19
    I recently got a nose guard for my "2 week old" Maxima. One dealer in Houston wanted $111 for the bra. . .2 dealers wanted $106 just as in your case.

I went on the internet and found a Nissan dealer in Sherman, TX that was selling it for $95.80 [includes "free" UPS shipping].

http://www.nissan-accessories.com/PP.asp?PID=93

It arrived within 3-4 days. The only thing is that the Nissan box instructions indicate that should include 4 parts: bumper bra section, hood bra section, instructions, and storage case. The storage case was NOT in the box. An email to the site has gone unanswered.

• gerapaugerapau Posts: 211
    Yes qx4, nissan did offer an Maxima ES in Canada prior to 2000. It was not however a GXE with leather and so on as you mentioned. It was actually an SE WITHOUT leather and sun roof. In Canada all SEs come fully loaded and the ES was introduced so that Canadians could purchase an SE without all the extra equipment (and extra $s).
  • leonivleoniv Posts: 120
    Thanks for the info bahhumbug. I'll see if I can't look them up in the yellow pages online. That price sounds tough to beat, even the regular price of $65. If you have a number or website URL for them, that would be really helpful too.
  • bahhumbugbahhumbug Posts: 5
    Sorry no web site but I have an address and telephone (800) number.
    Saddleman, Inc.
    2101 Enterprise Drive
    Fremont, Ohio 43420
    Telephone: (800) 950-9502 Ask for the nearest dealer.
    All Maxima 2000 - 2001 #55799-01

Hope that this is of some help for you. Please let us know if you find a dealer and if you get a LeBra. We really like ours. Have a good day. Bahhumbug of Illinois
    P.S. We like our Maxima better than the Bra of course. Ha! Ha!
  • pwash19pwash19 Posts: 14
    I was the proud owner of a 2001 GLE until the wife called broke down on the side of the road with 1432 miles on the odometer. The torque converter has gone bad. It would start and run beautifully but when you put it in to gear it would die. We are told the parts are in and we will have it back tomorrow after three days at the shop. I still am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a great car. I will keep everyone posted of the outcome.
  • tgif888tgif888 Posts: 351
    Wow, good info. When it will hit the show room floor?
  • qx4qx4 Posts: 99
    i called it a GXE with extra options rather than an SE minus options based on the fact that it had GXE suspension and not the firmer SE suspensions.

from what i know thats the primary difference between the SE and the GXE&GLE

some one verify please

and my mistake about the leather.....for some reason i thought it had leather.
  • ludacrisludacris Posts: 185
    thanks for the info! wow Xenon HID headlights for every model? i wonder if we'll be able to swap headlamps...some pix of the rear would be nice too : )

does anyone know where i can find the anniversary edition chrome side sills? and would it be a pretty easy install? ive seen several non-AE models with the chrome side sills installed and am thinking on gettin them.
  • strooperstrooper Posts: 5
    Go to the following webpage:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_a33.html

You will find the door sills.

Trooper

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 19
    speedracer3, great info! Thanks for the link.

The 6-speed, memory seats and HID headlights would be nice - although I'm not sure I want the first year of a Maxima with a new engine and new transmission. I waited for the 2001 Max because I didn't want the first year of a significant model change. And I'm very glad I did - the 2001's are less problematic and include several small improvements, compared with the 2000's, judging by various forum responses...

The more powerful engine is nice, but I have to say, that the existing car is quite quick and fast. I'd trade better paint and a longer warranty for a few less ponies.

Ed A.
  • har1bushhar1bush Posts: 207
    Looks good... I don't have a Maxima so I don't know about the paint, but the best thing to do would be to give it a whole lot of waxing and cross your fingers. If that works, 260hp will make the existing engine a thing of the past. If you are worried about having problems with the 3.5L engine though, I wouldn't worry too much b/c Nissan's not some American clunker and it's still the same VQ V6 engine that is bored and stroked to a larger displacement. Besides, 5 yr powertrain warranty isn't too bad. If Nissan could keep the same prices for these Maximas we have ourselves a winner here (much of the same goes for the new upcoming Altima). But, if they must raise the prices, wouldn't we all rather get an Acura TL or even Nissan's very own Infiniti I35? Let's hope that they realize this and make the extra features on the '02 models free.
  • I had a LeBra on my (shameful car) Dodge Daytona Turbo Z. I would have to say the bra was better engineered than the car. So if you are planning on buying a bra for the Maxima, LeBra is the way to go. The ability to drive it dry is nice. Some you had to take off when they got wet, what a pain. I left mine on all the time and never had any problem with paint fading or discoloration.
  • jimmie8jimmie8 Posts: 31
    These were the two cars I was considering when I bought my Maxima 2 years ago. I chose the Maxima because it was the only V6 I could get in a 5-speed that was in my price range (and I thought it was a little more fun to drive). Rumor has it that the TL-S (with 260 hp also) will get a 6-speed transmission in 2003. I think Nissan has to keep the price of the 2002 Maxima atleast a couple grand below the 6-speed TL-S if they are to sell as many as they hope.
  • jcthom4jcthom4 Posts: 24
    Hi!
    Planning on getting a new Max SE or GLE.
    Can we buy a new Max and immediatly drive it 1,000 miles over mountains etc. on vacation, or do we need to have a "break-in" period. If so how long or how many miles?
    GLE or SE? Is the ride really rough in the SE if we were to load it down with family of 4 and luggage?
    Thanks in advance!!
  • corkfishcorkfish Posts: 537
    Currently in the Pathfinder.
  • ludacrisludacris Posts: 185
    Nissan recommends a break in period (first 1,000 miles i think, im probably wrong). they say not to go over 55 mph or something, but the main thing is not to overwork the engine, not really keeping under that limit. just dont accelerate too hard or overwork the engine and it should be fine. i dont know about the ride of an SE, someone could help u there...