Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Crosstour Lease Questions

Comments

• datographdatograph Posts: 4
    peterson6, for comparison, in Los Angeles County, at the beginning of June, I got the same lease, same car. My payment is 499 per month, all in, including tax. For some reason, they could not make it work unless I paid $172 cap cost reduction. I agreed in a weak moment!

I'm not sure if the money factor or residual has changed since then. Mine was exactly as car_man indicated in his reply to my earlier post.

We've really enjoyed the car, by the way.

Good luck.
  • peterson6peterson6 Posts: 5
    Thanks a lot.. Would you mind if i asked you about dealer's info? thanks datopraph..
  • datographdatograph Posts: 4
    Not at all, peterson6. It was Keyes Honda in Woodland Hills.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, datograph.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wtalbot. I'd be happy to work up a zero down lease on the vehicle that you are interested in. Let's do a zero down lease with a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX 2WD that has an MSRP of $30,380 and a selling price of 28,096 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $332, assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I find that keeping the value of your trade separate from the selling price of your new vehicle makes things more transparent and prevents the dealer from tricking you by playing with the numbers.

Besides, it is in your best interest to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you're safer going with a zero down lease.

You can still trade in your current vehicle when you lease a new one, just have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than applying the proceeds to your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, hondamax19. Let's work up a payment on this vehicle and see what we come up with. For now I will assume a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD without navigation that has an MSRP of $33,280 and a selling price of 30,716 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $397. I rolled the acquisition fee into this payment, but it does not include sales tax or the options that you mentioned.

The good news is that you don't have to hate me ;) because your payment is in the right neighborhood.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello wtalbot. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2010 Accord Crosstour is .00158 for all trim levels for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual values for the trim levels that you are interested in are as follows: 60% for the EX 2WD, 58% for the EX-L 2WD, and 56% for the EX-L 2WD with Navigation.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these vehicles' residual values would be 2% higher.

The following article describes how the addition of a down payment impacts vehicles' lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Having said that, it's always safer for consumers to go with zero down leases. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi peterson6. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to look at this vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what this Crosstour's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly give you their opinion on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • This community has been invaluable over the last few weeks as I have been car shopping. This weekend I went into my local (north NJ) Honda dealer to test drive a Crosstour and I fell in love. I still had 1 month left on my Lexus so I told my salesperson that I would only deal if he was willing to cut me a check for my last payment.

With minimal back and forth on price he made me a deal I could not refuse and I am still trying to find out where the catch is...

I picked up an 2010 Crosstour EX-L without NAVI for $459.00 a month 36 Months.
    I paid $550 up front for 1st month and some of the doc fees, but they are sending me a check for $550 to cover my last payment on the Lexus.

So overall 35 payments of $459.00 for a $34K car that kicks the pants off my Lexus in terms of room, comfort, gadgets and functionality.

Is this just a good deal or am I missing something?
  • I got a quote:
    Honda Crosstour, w/o navigation.
    $ 415, out of pocket $1,600 (Bank, DMV, 1st month)
    36 months, 12,00 miles.
    Brooklyn, NY. Class leasing.
  • just leased 2wd Crosstour EX-L (no nav) using the zero down, zero 1st mo, zero secuirity dep. offer (basically what's on the Honda website) for $393/ mo. = $427.77 w/ ca. tax (@ 9%!!).

Selling price of $30,498
    12k miles/ yr.
    resid of $18,299 (60%)
    money factor .00157 (or something very close...i think...maybe...?)

note a penny due at signing, and they gave me exactly what Carmax quoted for our trade (2004 Yukon SLE w/ 66k) which was slightly more than other Honda dealerships were offering. Basically used post #37 as my target and came in a few $$ under.

Tried to deal a few times over last month or so and this beat all other quotes HANDILY! Feels like a solid enough deal, and I wouldn't have been so prepared (and willing to walk away from other offers) had it not been for this forum... Thanks All!
  • logitraxlogitrax Posts: 10
    edited August 2010
    Leased a 2010 EX 2WD today...to be picked up later this week:

MSRP $30,450
    Cap Cost: $26,000
    Adj Cap Cost:$26,713
    Residual: 60% ($18,270)
    MF: 0.00121
    Rolled all costs into lease; payment is $314 ($289 + $25 tax)

My only question is should the residual be higher than 60%? Since the car has to be delivered and we haven't signed, I can restructure if residual should be higher. Thanks!
  • Hello all went in today to negotiate lease offer on Honda Crosstour 2wd offer with trade of my chrysler 300 , the manager actually surprise me with offer
    28000 price
    .0013100 money factor
    .58 residual
    341 a month no money down out the door
    Wanted to confirm if that was a good deal im in Charlotte NC
    edited August 2010
    By the way, my post above (#44) is on Long Island, NY. Thanks!
  • Hello all went in today to negotiate lease offer on Honda Crosstour 2wd offer with trade of my chrysler 300 , the manager actually surprise me with offer
    28000 price
    .0013100 money factor
    .58 residual
    341 a month no money down out the door
    Wanted to confirm if that was a good deal im in Charlotte NC
  • Thanks for the info. any way you could tell me the dealership or at least the town the dealer is in?

Thanks in advance,

John
    Sure, it's Atlantic Honda in Bayshore. I do have to note, however, that they gave me an additional discount beyond my offer price because of some damage caused on their lot to one of my other cars after it was turned in at lease maturity. Normally, I go with the Edmunds TMV, at the very least, and perhaps better depending on their incentive and holdback #'s.

I do want to say, this was my 6th car from them, with #7 coming next week and #8 in November, and I have always had great transactions with them. They provide all the info needed to work up #'s immediately upon request and my leases have always rated excellent on Leaseguide. If anyone is interested in using the same salesperson I've used for all of these transactions, please shoot me a message.

Meanwhile...anyone know if the residual should be higher? Thanks again! :)
  • bossman141bossman141 Posts: 53
    edited August 2010
    Thanks again for the info. I had leased a new accord form babylon Honda back in 2006. Best experience I ever had buying a car.

Would definitely give Atlantic a look. Could you email me your sales person's name?
    Bossman140"at"yahoo.com

One more question. Did you consider the Accord sedan at all and if so, did atlantic give you any numbers on the accord?

Thanks so much for your help.

John
  • ed108ed108 Posts: 34
    Looking to get a awd, either with or without leather (definitely no nav and no video).

What is the MF and residual for both options?

I see from the above posts everyone seems to be going for the 2wd version. I live in snowy mountains and need awd.

The advertized price says $410 w/$0 for the leather and $329 with $0 down without leather. That seems pretty good for a car that is $30K or $34K msrp.

But I would like to of course negotiate even more so if anyone has the MF and residual, please let me know. I would be top tier credit. Thanks.
  • docmridocmri Posts: 25
    Car-Man...
    Can you give me current MF and RV for Crosstour 2wd ex-L with Navigation for August? Am looking at 36/12 and 39/12 (if available...if not 36/12 suffices)
    I am in South FLorida.

AM looking to lease this week.
    THanks

Dan (the Car Man Fan)
    edited August 2010
    Hey John!

Sorry for the delay...I'll email you the info now, including some sedan #'s that I'd gotten from them about a week and a half back.

Thanks!
    J
  • aarajiaaraji Posts: 14
    Car-Man,

I am in Illinois - I am looking for MF and RV for the 2010 Honda Crosstour Ex-L w/ Nav (and without Nav) @ 12k miles a year.

Looking to close this down on Sat, so please let me know when you get a chance.

Thank you.
  • CarMan,

Looking at a lease and not sure of the MF and residual due to the high miles. Looking at either 25k or 30k per year on EX-L (no Navi). With just first month payment where should I be? Also, I have roughly $700 negative equity. Tax rate here is 6.5

Anyone else have thoughts?

Thanks.

Dealer is saying needs to happen before tomorrow due to end of month.
  • A good deal ? 2010 AWD without nav crosstour ( roof rack, rear sensors, guards, wheel locks, side and rear trim) 15 k/ year for 419/ month (with first month payment, doc fee / tag - 915 total) in charlotte NC - cap cost 32,500 residual 19,140 MF .41
  • Is it a 36 month lease? And does the 419 include tax? You could try getting a better price by about 1500. The extras add up to what? Otherwise sounds good.
  • Hi Car_Man

I am looking to lease, in Oklahoma, a AWD EXL with Navi Crosstour (MRSP $37,000 approx.) for 36 months with 12K or 15K miles a year. I want to put nothing down. The advertised offers are for the EX. It will be wonderful to know the following: What is the residual for this model for 12K and 15K miles? Is there some incentive I could use to negotiate on the price? Is a lease quote of $485 fair? Best regards.

Current MDX Lessee
  • Here in Philly,

Got 2 quotes for a $34,000 MSRP 2010 Crosstour EX-L without NAVI (AWD).
    12k/year,
    zero down,
    just 36 payments of $399 and $410 (other dealer). INCLUDING TAX!!!

This sounds amazing!

I was planning on getting an outback, and I haven't determined the best outback price avail, but now I definitely have a big decision to make!

Mike
  • Hi Dan. According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00058 and 55%. respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wow, schmettle, you certainly do a lot of driving :surprise: . I hope that you're getting satellite radio to help entertain you :) .

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Honda Finance publishes residual values for. Consumers who need to drive more than that have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mdxlessee.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L AWD with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host