Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Crosstour Lease Questions

Comments

• topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    $26,152 buyout. Same car w/33,000 miles is selling for $29,900 and $33,000 at used car lots. How much equity should I expect the delear to credit me on the above transaction?

Probably not very much.. those price dealer quote on used car are not their final transaction price (so figure 2000-3000 price cut from the 29,900 to 33,000 quote as the final transaction price). Then figure some money they need to throw in to fix up the car and their profit. You can easily see 5000 to 6000 difference between dealer used car price on the lot vs what you can get selling the car yourself.. Try take your car to a couple Lexus dealers to see what price they will buy your car from... They would be the one that pay the most for a used Lexus car/suv. Good luck..
  • jfn1000 - my best deal so far is a 3 year lease 12K/year miles @ $298 plus tax w/$642 down + ~ $300 closing costs. I also added a bunch of extras to the car. Best I can tell the car is ~ $8,200 below MSRP; $3,000 below invoice (both are before destination fee of $780).

Was your $2,270 a pure downpayment or were closing costs included?

I am Boston metro.
  • Sox fan, your deal isn't bad if you have a bunch of accessories, as they probably don't get any value towards the residual. You also have 4wd & nav that need to be partially paid off. Also, my lease worked out cheaper based on 24 months vs. 36 months for some reason (30 months was $7./month less). Anyway, here is the total breakdown of my deal:

crosstour
    EX-l
    msrp incl dest $33,350.00
    cash $25,325.57
    ($999.00) down paid up front
    ($595.00) acq. Fee paid up front
    Adj cap cost $23,731.57
    residual $20,343.50
    money factor 0.0002
    deprec $3,388.07 (equal to adj. cap cost - residual)
    lease fee $8.82 (monthly interest in lease)
    principal $141.17 (monthly principal 24 months)
    Total monthly $149.98
    6.25% sales tax $9.37
    Total monthly $159.36

Paid up front:
    $999.00 down paid up front
    $595.00 acq. Fee paid up front
    $99.63 Tax on down pmt + acq fee
    $293.00 doc fee
    $125.00 title & reg
    $159.36 1st pmt
    $2,270.99
  • steevosteevo Posts: 339
    Why pay the 999 up front? Or at all for that matter?
    The doc fee is way too high. Obviously that is how this dealer makes the discount seem even bigger than it is.
    But even if you rolled it all in, the lease is still less than 300 a month which seems pretty cheap for this level of car.
    Kinda fugly, but for 24 months I might give one a look :D
  • jpautojpauto Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man,

Wondering if you could post the December residuals and money factors for the crosstour - 4WD EX-L (with and w/o NAV). Thinking of 36 months and 12k per year. Also please post if there is a different length of lease that jumps out as a great deal.

And any word on the 2011's yet?

Thanks!
  • Hello jpauto. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Honda isn't providing any lease support on the 2011 Crosstour yet, so you probably don't want to lease one of those right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car_man,

How about the 2010 EX-L 2wd 12k 36month lease?
  • tex18tex18 Posts: 82
    Are buyers really getting $6K-7k off MSRP on Crosstours?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2010
    Hi aitrus03. Honda Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,200 dealer cash and $500 bonus cash ($1,700 total) that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey tex18. If you;re talking about a 2010 model, I would think that one could easily get one for close to dealer invoice minus the available $1,700 in cash incentives that are currently available on it.

You can look up the exact invoice price and how much of a discount off of MSRP it represents over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • This site has provided great info for me, so I thought I would share my recent Crosstour Lease Acquisiton details for my two week old vehicle:

2010 Crosstour EX-L AWD No Navi
    MSRP $ 35,020 (includes Mud Guards and Wheel Locks)
    36 Month Lease 15,000 Miles/Year .20 per mile over
    Only first payment due at delivery (all fees, taxes @ 8%, etc included in payment)
    Monthly Payment $ 370.00
    Based on Honda Finance Money Factor of .0002 and Residual of 53%, Capitalized Cost of Vehicle was around $ 29,670.

Probably could've done a little bit better, but needed a winter vehicle quickly and wanted an alternative to a full size SUV. So far am happy and the CT is serving its' purpose well. Felt that the price was fair. My opinion, but the only way to lease is -0- down, sign and drive. Probably not the right thread, but both the Crosstour, and my 10' Mazda CX-9, do not have low windshield washer fluid warning lights. Where I'm from, you go through six months of snow, slush, salt and rain and you use a gallon of the fluid a week! Just wondering.

mr
  • The 2010 Crosstours are going fast (at least in mid-Atlantic region) and some color combos are now very hard to find or impossible to get (ie, Alabaster Silver). The deal on the 2010's is so good, if you are looking at this car seriously, NOW is the time to pull the trigger. Two weeks ago this car was sitting on lots and I should have signed then, but apparently there has been a “run” on the cars over the past week and inventory is getting sparse (at least in my area).

I “thought” I had a lease deal done last night on a $37,000 EX-L AWD/NAVI in Polished Metal (my 2nd preference) but found out today from my rep that the car had 2500 demo miles (this was a DX through my dealer whose counter-part at the other dealership “forgot” to disclose this even after my rep was assured twice that the car had no miles on it).

With 53% residual (AWD 2% lower than FWD) and .0002 money factor rate (that's less than 1/2 of 1 percent interest!), rolling ALL fees, charges, taxes, and tags into the lease ($30,448.50 Total Financed), with $0 money out of pocket (except first payment), I had a deal set at $370/month – not bad on a $37,000 MSRP car especially since the car was going to be DX’d from 100 miles in 24 hours.

I'll give kudos to my sales rep (top guy at his dealership and best service I have ever experienced in over 20 car leases or purchases I have done) - he worked with his GM and rewored a new deal to get me my first choice Alabaster Silver color in a 2011 EX-L AWD/Navi with the same $0 out of pocket, roll everything in the lease, 12k/year 36 month lease at $383/month.

I was quoted much higher ($100+ more/month) by other dealers on 2011s and although I could have gotten better deal on a 2010 with “available” colors or traveled 500 miles to pick one up (I could have done deal at $357/month on a 2010), I’d rather get the car in the configuration and color combo I want, and locally and I am very happy with the outcome.

The Crossovers represent one of the best lease deals of 2010 in my opinion (and as everyone in this forum knows)...because of the facebook response (poor social-media marketing execution by Honda apparently) and the fact Honda has not put much advertising behind the vehicles (perhaps after the facebook issue, executives pulled back their budget for the car?), this vehicle has been under the radar thus far.

Again, if you can find the color you want and want this car, I suggest do it now – the deal is in my opinion, the best one for 2010.
  • One more note...residual on 2011 AWD/EX-L Crosstours with Nav is 57% on 12k/year 36 month lease (assuming best credit level). I "believe" the Money Factor Rate is in .00080 - .00085 range...
  • Dear audiblitzr,

This is a terrific story of dealership and customer perseverance and congratulations on the low $$$ on that 2011(?) lease! Yes, it seems like, according to Zag, the prices in the mid-Atlantic - certainly the D.C. area - are the lowest in the country by far, at least for the 2010's.

If it's not too much trouble, would you provide some of the raw numbers that you're final lease was based upon, something like:

MSRP
    Selling Price

Amounts Financed (Capitalized)
    Acquisition Fee
    Sales Tax %
    Etc.

Capitalized Costs
    Gross Capitalized Cost
    Capitalized Cost Reduction
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost

Residual Data
    Residual Factor
    Residual Value

Cost of Money/Term
    Money Factor
    Term (months) 36

Estimated Charges Payable at Lease Origination
    Documentation Fee
    Government Fees
    Amount Due at Lease Signing
    Monthly Lease Payment

Also, what was your dealer and location? We're looking to get one of the last remaining Crosstours in our area in the next few days before the new year.

Thanks in advance if you can accommodate.
  • rja66rja66 Posts: 1
    I'm being quoted $328/mo sign and drive on an EX-L 4WD and $280/mo sign and drive on an EX 2WD in the mid-atlantic region. Both for 36mo/36k.

Think I'm going to pull the trigger. It's been 7 years since I've leased a car - anything else I should be wary of?
  • Car Man: My husband and I are going to be negotiating a lease on a Crosstour EX-L FWD (no nav) over the weekend. Is the $1700 in incentives still going to be in effect after December 31st?

Thanks and Happy New Year.
  • Advice on a lease deal. 2011 Civic LX Lease for $189/month (nothing down, incl license, tax, fees), for 36 months, 12,000/yr. I do not understand all the RV and MF #s, and selling price. The $189.00 per month all inclusive sounds reasonable. However, when I asked how much I could buy the Civic for when the lease was up the amount they quoted me was $11,786.10. With 189 per month for 36 months I pay $6,804. Then after 36 months having to pay $11,786, for a total of $18,590, sounds like a bad deal. Can't you buy a 2011 Civic LX for under or right under $17,000. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    Then after 36 months having to pay $11,786, for a total of $18,590, sounds like a bad deal. Can't you buy a 2011 Civic LX for under or right under $17,000. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think you are missing a few things in your comparison. In you lease number, you did not mention what is the drive off? And in you lease payment, you pay for the "rent" or the interest cost of owning the car.. If you buy the car, what is the interest that you will pay in those 3 years? And if you are in a state where the lease payment include tax, that may change the comparision as well... In a lease, you will pay an addition fee call "acquisition fee" that is not include in a purchase. But if you live in California where sales tax is calculated in lease payment instead of car sales price, you save about 1/2 the sales tax (roughly) for a 3 yr 12K lease.
  • propelpropel Posts: 3
    The drive off in this lease is nothing down, sign and drive, with $189 payments for 35 months (12,000/year). The $189 payment includes all taxes and fees. After the 36 months, to buy the car the price is set at $11,786. Just trying to get input if this is a fair lease?
  • Happy New Year to you as well, luckybrand1212. Honda's December incentives are scheduled to run through January 4th.

Car_man
    Host
  • propelpropel Posts: 3
    The dealership in MN is offering no down, and $189 per month (incl tax, license and fees) for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year for the 2011 Civic LX. It seems like a fair lease deal. Any views to the contrary.
  • Car Man..
    Do you have the January residuals and MF for Accord Crosstour Ex-L with Nav and 4WD (MSRP $37,120) ?? I am interested in a 36 month lease with 12k or 15k/yr. Thanks!!
  • I certainly do, eric1973. Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Honda finance's residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • kinsalekinsale Posts: 33
    Hi Car_man,

Urgently need the numbers for a EX-L AWD with Navi. I need 24 months and 15000 miles.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Here's a speedy response, kinsale.

Honda Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Accord Crosstour EX-L AWD with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • The following is cut from the Silko Honda Website. These lease terms seam impossible. How come, out in California, the lowest advertised lease is $310/mo, 0,0,0,0....on a 2wd EX? Not to mention, this dealership is paying for all of your oil changes in the first two years.

2011 CROSSTOUR 4WD EX-L WITH $0 DOWN!*

0.9 APR AVAILABLE**

TF2H5BJNW - #17885

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, LEATHER INTERIOR, CLIMATE CONTROL, XM SATELITE RADIO W/CD CHANGER, HEATED MIRRORS AND TONS OF FUN, ALL STANDARD!

Lease for $269 per month
    This car comes with Silko Honda's Exclusive

Our Exclusive Nationwide Lifetime Warranty plus
    FREE Maintenance for 2 Years or 25,000 Miles
  • cooperj112cooperj112 Posts: 7
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone could supply the May MF and residual percentage from Honda. Also, are there any incentives this month?

Thanks in advance
  • striper72striper72 Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man, do you have the June numbers on the Accord Cross Tour EX-L w/out Nav 15,000 miles/36 months?

I mistakenly posted this question a few days earlier in the prices paid buying experience section. Sorry for the double posting.

Thanks
    I certainly do striper72. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I leased my 2011 Crosstour on the last day of April from Honda of Santa Monica. I was shopping around for a few weeks and they gave me (in my opinion) a great deal!
    Here are the details:

Down Payment: $0
    Drive-off: $515(-76 refund check I got in the mail a few weeks later)
    Monthly Payment: $261.xx/month
    36 months
    12k miles/year