Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Real World MPG

191011121315»

Comments

• par732par732 Posts: 8
    Kia finally took my Sorrento and asked the dealer to test drive and establish the actual day to day driving mileage and after they kept the car for a day they reported that the best they can do is 19 MPG combined City/Highway (6 miles less than advertised #) and much less for the city. Then Kia called and told me to go screw myself because functionally there is nothing wrong with the car. I will wait to see what comes out of the class action lawsuit. Otherwise my mission in life is to inform people of the situation and if I convince one person not to buy Kia I am happy I am satisfied. I am trading this car with Toyota Highlander and convimced my brother to do the same thing.

Good luck everyone.
  • joehickjoehick Posts: 28
    Your right, they stated we would get 28mpg highway, not that far off. And by the way Mileage was a key part of the buying element in my decision.
    I have posted here since day 1 that the mileage sucks. I have driven my vechicle at all speeds in many different situations and come up with the same mileage I have always recieved. I am lucky if I get 12-14 city and maybe 18-20 highway. And yes that is at 55mph
  • lanshilanshi Posts: 22
    I am up to 40,000+ miles and the mpg is still the same 26/27. I DO NOT PUT MY FOOT INTO IT as I drive 128 miles a day so I can't afford to waste gasoline. KIA dealerships could care less about the consumer believe me. Everytime I take it in I question it and they say they are still trying to do right. I have told them to forget it they will never do right in my books, they just plain and simple lied to us all. DON'T BUY A KIA SORENTO AND I ALWAYS SAY DON'T BUY A KIA THEY LIE TO YOU.
    :mad:
  • I am not having issues with my mpg. I get solid 22 mpg city and 29 - 30 highway. I have the '13 Sorento LX 4cyl GDI. I would probably due much better than 30 highway, but driving from Wisconsin to Indiana entails driving through Chicago and I usually run 75 - 85mph so I don't get run over. I just turned over 12K miles.
  • After about 14,000 miles, my 2013 Sorento started to drive erratically. The transmission can't decide what gear to be in and the engine no longer has any torque. I have taken it to the dealer three times now, and each time they keep telling me that it is driving correctly. That's pretty strange because for the first 10 months, it generally drove fine, though with crappy gas mileage. Then one day it started to occasionally drive odd, and then it became a permanent. When driving up an incline, it shifts down two gears, snaps your neck from the unexpected acceleration, then shifts back up, and then back down... rinse and repeat.

I simply hate my Sorento. I am looking at offloading it so I can get a more trustworthy car.
  • Length of ownership-34 days; 820 miles on OD; type of driving- no daily commuting (retired), mostly rural area driving as needed or desired, an occasional hypermile (traffic permitting) and no extended travelling as yet to determine "highway-only" mileage; gas mileage obtained-23.3 mpg. I enjoy my Sorento. I traded in a '12 Ford Fusion that offered up 25-26 plus mpg with the same driving type as described above. I wanted a vehicle that offered more utility and mpg's that I can live with. I found that and more (unbelievable list of standard equipment with the EX trim) in my '14 Sorento.
  • I am curious. I have the exact same model and avg 22 mpg no matter what. My miles are easily 90% hwy and very little city. There is no way that I can reach your mpg of 29-30. Are you hand calculating this or are you going off the dashboard numbers?
  • Does anyone have any information on the class action or any individal settlements with Kia regard the MPG misrepresentation? I have done much research and cannot find any updates or even if the action is still pending. Someone somewhere has to have some info on where this is all at, or have those with the big pockets buried it from public knowledge????
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    edited November 2013
    I don't know about any class actions. Kia "settled" with the EPA after that agency investigated.

Hyundai and Kia To Compensate Consumers for Overstating Mileage Claims

Here's the quick link:

https://kiampginfo.com/