Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• one2oneone2one Posts: 626
    What product does anyone recommend that can provide that "wet" look? Can I pick it up at the local PepBoys or AutoZone? I want to get something on it while I'm still excited and before I get lazy.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    jg28 : Saturn has spent 10 years building it's name. The JD Power survey is not "newfound". Saturn has consistently been in the top 3 for years. I was mearly reiterating the known. Simply selling European models here won't work as American preferences are not the same as European. Perfect example is the cup holders or lack there of. I totally agree that there are some great Opels BUT, they have to be modified and sold under existing nameplates. The smaller models also have very small engines so they would likely have to be beefed up in that regard. Anyway, I think we agree Opel cars would sell. We just disagree on the methodology.

ab348 : Totally agree with you on Saturn if you are talking about the S-series. Not impressive and cramped are words that come to mind. The L-series interiors are quite good though. It's too bad the outside is so dull. I hope Saturn does a good job with the new S-series come next year. The Vue SUV looks like a big winner if the quality is there.

The new Automobile magazine has some great shots of the new CTS. Very impressive looking. I really like where Cadillac is going with their designs. The CTS, Escalade and Evoq all look great!
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    Try Zaino products...unfortunately only available on mail order but worth the time and $$$...

www.zaino.com
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,545
    Well, I'm glad you like the Caddy designs but I think they are atrocious. They are ugliness personified with thjat Blade Runner look. I cannot see too many Cadillac buyers liking them.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Thats good. A later build date probably has the latest updates.
    On my bright blue maetallic camaro i use the mother's three step process.
    Since your car is brand new and has not been sitting on the lot. I would forgo the cleaner and go straight to the sealer/glaze and then the carnuba wax. The sealer glaze will cover the fineline scratches and you will find that the metallics in the paint will really jump out. The carnuba wax lasts a fairly long time. About 3-4 months.
    Zaino is also good for clarity. But is a fairly long process the first time out.
    How do you feel about the new style wheels? I think i still prefer the originals.
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    What a gorgeous car you've got there! I also love that deep blue - and am partial to it on a variety of others as well like the Impala LS. So you have the chrome wheels too? Our secretary bought that car in the spectacular medium red color and it is soooo sharp!

Regarding the mirror - do you think it is compatible for my 2000 Bonneville SE as well? If so I might be interested in something like that. The electronic compass and outside temp are two features I'd like to have.

Best wishes for many years and miles of Intrigue driving.

Ken
    bz4 : New style wheels are nice, just harder to clean.

ab348 : The Escalade is selling very well and the CTS forum is hopping. I think they will sell very well. Evoq is not suppose to be a big number seller, more of a flagship car.
    Thanks for the positive thoughts. I didn't get chrome wheels because I knew I wouldn't have time to wait for the dealer to search or order the car with it. I am considering aftermarket but will hold off on that. I'm surprised how much I like the car even without the chrome. But I've seen it with them... way cool.

My second choice was Ruby. It's just right... not too bright, not too dark. For 2002 they dropped Midnight Blue replacing it with Indigo used on the Bravada. I've seen an Indigo Bravada. I can't imagine how beautiful an Intrigue will look in that color!

They say the mirror should fit all vehicles. I'm going to call before purchasing just to make sure it fits. Donnelly is respected in the automotive industry. In fact, they make the electrochromic mirrors w/OnStar for the Acura RL. So I would hope they made it to fit GM vehicles. Only Honda and Toytota seem to need special kits.
    Hoping the cts will come out with a good engine its first year. Unlike the intrigue.
  • jgriffjgriff Posts: 362
    one2one ::: another vote for Zaino, a little more work the first time around, but after that it is a breeze. I have not found anything that looks or works as good [Mequiars is the best OTC]. I place my second order [via check] just this last July 2nd, and received it on July 9, even with the July 4th holiday.

dindak ::: there is absolutely no-way that a Saturn L is faster and more fun to drive than a Camry/Accord. When was the last time you drove all 3 [back-to-back]. Granted a Camry may be a softer ride but it very quiet.

I did not want to say it point-blank, but ab348 is right Saturns are simply cheap, cheap-looking, cheap-feeling. I would recommend a defunct Olds Alero first, long before any Saturn. They really try to snowball you with all the customer attention, almost too superficial.

GM should have spent their $$$ more wisely, by improving on their existing divisions rather had rather then spending the BIG-Bucks to upstart a new one. Just think where Olds might be, if Olds had some of Saturns R&D money.

C&D ranked the Vette [C06] # 1 in a rag-top show down [Aug. issue] against some very tough Euro competition * very impressive * .
    Saturn L300 vs V6 Accord (soruce.. edmunds)

0-60 : 7.3 Saturn, 7.8 Accord
    Slalom (mph) : 56.9 Saturn, 56.6 Accord
    Skid pad (g's) : .83 Saturn, .82 Accord
    MPG : 20.3 Saturn, 18.1 Accord.

Nuff said. Camry wouldn't be as good with soft ride for older folks.

Wow.. jgriff admitting a GM Corvette is "impressive". Big step Honda man.
    Is harlanc still lurking in the shadows? Wonder what he thinks about all the discussion going on over the past few months. After all, we have been in the top ten all week. Not bad for a division and car that's riding into the sunset.
    I actually like the new ones better regarding overall design. I like that they are flat, emphasizing the buldging wheel wells. I'm not a fan of the paint used. It doesn't have a metalic finish like the old ones had. Looks like they just painted them a flat silver. I think they look great in chrome. If I had a choice between the two (assuming no chrome), I'd take the new ones.
  • redline65redline65 Posts: 693
    The old style wheels are a bit more agressive, IMO. They fill the wheel wells better. It's just too bad that the minivan uses the same wheels now.
    Old wheel and steering wheel were the same design, which i liked.
    New wheels do look fairly good in chrome.
  • 9899olds9899olds Posts: 202
    one2one::::::You are a tall person who resisted all the negative BS on this forum and showed us the way to another Intrigue; knowing that it ain't a cheap date..

I would appreciate if some of our very seldom posters who are also non-owners would stay away from telling us how great life is on the other side of the fence.. Ex-Intriguers owning a Yankee Doodle dandy type are always welcome..

I mentioned the Saturn this morning to build a little fire on the forum..naturally the owners of similiar type cars will trash the Saturn; because they purchased something else for 30% more which is vastly superior..

one2one and myself are the only repeat owners on this forum, with the exception of limadelta of California..It's a unique club with limited membership; maybe considered a bit whacky by some; but nevertheless we have taken the step..

I must take a drive a limbered-up demo to see what the difference is btw the 01 and the 99..

Again one2one--best of luck and get the oil changed at 1k miles and hold the speed down for the first 500 and then you can let it roll through the ranges..Break-in period is a little longer for the 3.5 for it has a few more parts to get seated..
    Seems like there are fewer aftermarket wheels available for GM cars. I am assuming the backspacing is far different from the other manufacturers so the wheel makers don't tool for GM cars.
    Wheel selection for the wbody cars is not great.
    And when i find one that i like it is a 7" wide wheel. Hardly bigger than what comes on the car. I want a 7.5 to 8" wide wheel so i can put some 245 section tires on and not have them rub the inner wheel well.
    Tires.com has a better slection than tirerack but does not have the nifty deal where you can put the tires on a picture of your car.
    Wheel selection for ford products is better. I guess it is from all those guys trying to make their mustangs handle and accelerate as fast as a stock Z28.