Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• thughthugh Posts: 9
    A recent message (of course I can't locate it) stated they were experiencing hard shifting. I have also experienced this situation. It has happened 4 times in the last 6-monthes (2001 GLS w/PCS). My guess on what is happening is that the computer may not be initializing correctly. The 4 times I have had the problem has been when I momentarily bump the key to start. My car will start so quickly that I get carried away by seeing how quick of a key turn will start it. I think that the abruptness of the start does not set the computer right. Even if you shut it off and start it up again, the problem remains. If you shut it off and let the car sit for "awhile" all returns to normal on the next start.
  • frankkfrankk Posts: 35
    Any rumors on what the final Intrigue closeout rebates might be this summer?
  • nferrnferr Posts: 32
    I have to admit I have not seen a CTS in person yet, but I'm not too impressed with the interior pictures. I have driven an Audi A6 quite a bit and the interior quality is excellent. I just ordered a Buick Rendezvous and I'm impressed by the interior but the quality is not up to Audi or Acura standards. I have never heard of airvents falling off of Audi's or BMW's. I've seen plenty of Cadillacs with missing trim pieces though.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    New CTS is amazing. Best GM car I've ever seen in terms of quality and design. Take a look before you judge. I will be seeing one again next week at the Toronto Auto Show.

BTW. I've seen Audi's with pieces falling off.
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    Bob Lutz announced today that he is studying the possibility to finally bring the Australian Holden Commodore SS to the United States, in order to speed up the consolidation of GM as a supplier of high performance, world class, V8 RWD powered sedans.

So don't give up on GM just yet, this beast could be in parked in your driveways sooner than you think:

http://www.holden.com.au/app/serve?page=vxOverview&cartype=4005

Hello Holden and bye, bye Olds!

• vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    Tried it (Bought used for $75cdn, then sold it for same price), will fit just like other bars made for the GP/Regal/3800 cars, but the power steering line gets in the way and has to be moved like others have found with other bars.
    Would be great but isn't that what Caddy is trying to be? I can't imagine the cars being cheaper than the CTS, seeing how they are basically Catera's with LS1's in them.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Bring it on. I would buy one in a heartbeat.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Altima is FWD. G35 is RWD. G35 has 20 more hp +
    30-40 more ft lbs of torque. 5 speed auto too.
    Base price is 27K optioned to my taste is about 31K. 112 inch wheelbase. 3 inches longer than the intrigue.
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    I'll give it to you on the BMW engine sounding better at full throttle than the Catera's, but Cadillac's own(and excellent Northstar) has them both beat. I'm looking forward to the new V6 due out in the 04 CTS. Still, as is the CTS is not a bad car at all.

thugh, that was probably me with the harsh shifts. I took mine in for this Monday and am getting ready to leave the office to go pick the car up. In short, a minor overhaul on the transmission was done from what I was told. I will consult the repair order for more details. Also, I had mentioned the flickering lights to them and they said it could not be duplicated. If it weren't for me getting sick of the 1990 Delta Eighty-Eight they gave me for a loaner, I would have pushed back more. I'm going to get the TSB number for this problem and take that to them when I have it in for an oil change next time.
  • rc52rc52 Posts: 27
    I recall someone with the grandprixstore front STB (jg28 I think) mentioning they got around the P/S problem by using a plastic tie-strap to tie the 2 P/S lines together? I'm thinking of going that route, but would love to first hear how the custom one for vcjumper turns out. WOW - lucky me - post # 6000!!!
  • rc52rc52 Posts: 27
    You installed the SLP brace on a 3.5? What exactly did the Olds dealer disassemble/install - the P/S lines?
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    I'm beginning to get aggrevated with the dealer. When I got there this evening to pick my car up(15 minutes before they said they left) the service department was empty. The door was still unlocked and the tv in the waiting area on, but no one anywhere. I finally wandered into the showroom and had a salesperson go down there and get my keys. He couldn't find the paperwork on my car, but did find the keys. So I STILL don't know exactly what all they did to the car and what their diagnosis is. I'm going to call them tomorrow and have them mail the paperwork to me. This is only the second time I've had the car in to them for service and I think if I have to take it in again(which I will for the flicker) I'm going to go to a different dealer. There is actually another dealer which is closer to me, I just went to this one because that is where I bought the car. So I guess I'm not as impressed by my service department visit this time. As for the car, it sure felt good getting back into my Intrigue after two days with the Eighty-Eight. Car drove well and transmission shifted fine and no flicker, but again the flicker is intermittent. As soon as I get the paperwork, I'll give more detail on what all is done. Thats pretty bad, I have the service manual on the car and like to know everything about the car and what needs to be repaired, yet I don't even know exactly what all has been done. Trying to get info from them was literally like pulling teeth. I always got the "he's out on a test drive right now" or "I just paged the transmission guy." Maybe most Olds owners simply say FIX IT when it comes to problems, but I like to know what the problem is and why it is being fixed.
    Here it is folks

04 GP

More pics of interior etc here
    GP Owners Club

It is definitely not what I was looking for. A little too expensive boy racer looking. The rear end odd spoiler treatment is what I really don't like. Don't like the spoiler and looks like it would look pretty odd without it too. Looks like it is upmarket though and will probably be closer to current Bonneville pricing since that is being discontinued. We'll see though because obviously some of the elements of it (18" wheels, cross drilled/slotted rotors) are obviously not going to be on the production model.
    I generally like it.

Keep in mind that's a decked out concept car. I think you will see the basic shape stay about the same though. It will be interesting to see what the production models will look like.

My biggest wish is that the interior is upgraded and they loose all that plastic. I really like the current GP as is (I must since I had one), but the interior was definitely the weak point. My guess is you will see a more Pontiac Vibe type dash in this car with brushed aluminum accents.

I hope they bring that car up to Toronto next week for our auto show!!!
  • evandroevandro Posts: 1,108
    It certainly gets some cues of the current Bonneville, which turns it into a beauty, IMO (I own a Bonneville ;^))! The tail-lights are kind of strange, though, but the rest of the car is very pretty.

I wonder about the interior materials and finish. Beside a GP, the Bonneville looks like from another brand in these aspects, i.e., much better quality.

As the Bonneville will see no successor, I hope that this new GP is at least as roomy as it. Then maybe I'll consider Pontiac again.
    Hey guys check the all new 2002 Opel Vectra sedan and 5-door Hatchback....Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!! Check out those interiors!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful car! Lutz bring it and pronto!!!!!!!!!!

www.opel.com
    From what I've read so far, the interior of the GP is all new and much more upscale. I may go back to Pontiac with a car like this. No mention of engines though..

teo : GM seems to be trying to move to world platforms so who knows. Vectra looks nice, but it will have to be updated for North American tastes.
    "GM seems to be trying to move to world platforms so who knows. Vectra looks nice, but it will have to be updated for North American tastes."

Why? The car looks fantastic as it is! Ford's success with the Focus was precisely that...avoiding the "Americanization" of the model.

Euro is hot, Euro is trendy, Euro sells.

We need no more stinking "Americanized" Opel cars that have been nothing but botched products and flops...witness the Saturn L series and the Cadillac Catera.

GM has learned this lesson the hard way time and time again.

Lutz: Bring the Vectra and Astra unchanged from the European formats!