Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    All Chev dealers in Canada are Olds dealer also so service is not a problem up here. I know that's not the case in the US so depending on the area.. it could be an issue.
  • white6white6 Posts: 588
    I still don't understand why they would care about the GM Card earnings. It doesn't reduce their profit one penny! Has nothing to do with the dealer; only GM pays. Weird! BTW, I have cashed in almost $5,000 in GM Card earnings on five different vehicles over a seven year period. Great program (for me anyway) and the dealers never batted an eye. In fact, I never even brought up the GM Card earnings until after the deal was signed and I was in with the F&I guy. Also, I noticed in the local paper (Daily Oklahoman) 02 Intrigues advertised by the only Olds dealer left in OKC for $12,995. One-year-old used GX's, no doubt, but still a pretty good deal!
  • pernaperna Posts: 533
    I have an '02 which means I have the "new style" unit with RDS, etc.. I do like it quite a bit, but wouldn't mind one that can play MP3 CDs.

My question is this: is there anything that you're aware of that will allow you to retain the steering wheel volume/tuning controls on a new head unit? If that's not possible, has anyone installed a trunk-mounted changer in their Intrigue? If so, can the stock head unit control it, or am I screwed into using a "velcro'ed on" control panel?

I'm not wild about using an RF changer, but if it's my last resort, so be it. I plan to have this car for at least 5 years, and I'm not acrobatic enough to manually change CDs in traffic (and would like MP3 capability as well). Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
  • redline65redline65 Posts: 693
    I went to the auto show at the Texas fair a few days ago. It was kind of sad not seeing the Intrigue in the Oldsmobile section. They had the Final 500 Aurora there too, on a pedestal of course. I really liked the 17" wheels they put on it. Of course it had all of the final 500 badging too. I guess the Aurora is going away soon, not sure when. It's too bad we need a SUV or pickup, otherwise we might get one.

The G35 coupe was also there, and we got to sit in it. What a cool car! I think the specs said 280 hp and 290 ft. lbs torque. Sure would be fun to drive.
  • vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    g35 coupe is quite a looker, I prefer it to the 350z.
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    My flicker is very similar to the one Moonshadow described and I get the "daytime flicker" known as the A/C blower motor slowing momentarily. The reason I don't buy the AIR pump theory as I have tested mine at full load(heater fan on high, seat heaters on, headlights on, rear defogger on, and stereo blasting) and no flicker while at times when there has been light load, it flickers like crazy. When I was out of town for a week and the car was parked at the airport, the night I drove it home was probably the worst so sitting parked for a week seemed to have something to do with the problem. I plan to take it back in soon to have the noises I'm hearing in the front end checked and I will certainly mention the flicker and the TSB relating to it.
  • jg28jg28 Posts: 257
    Tuesday saw the death of my beloved Intrigue. A bad accident will most likely end in her being declared a total loss. They always say you're lucky if you're not seriously hurt. Sigh. I hope none of you ever have to see that day with your Intrigue. It's truly heartbreaking.
  • vcjumpervcjumper Posts: 1,110
    Thats no way for a car to go but glad you are ok, you'll find a new car and start another "relationship" soon.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    sad news indeed.
  • white6white6 Posts: 588
    Still got the Formula. It will take a while to find THE buyer as it's a rare bird... hardtop with auto trans. Most kids want a TA with 6-speed and t-tops. The Aquatread III's are wearing great so far. Almost 30,000 on them at this point. Rotated them a couple of weeks ago and they really show no appreciable wear. Wife still proclaims her appeciation, especially in the rain. My mind rests a tiny bit easier knowing I have done my best to provide a safe car for her 25-mile daily commute among the cell-talking morons in their 3-ton SUVs.
  • TSchrammTSchramm Posts: 106
    My trusty '98 is showing it's age, so I'm starting to look around. My neighbor just got a '03 Accord EX with the new 240HP V-6, and he let me drive it - Wow! Makes my Intrigue feel like my father's Oldsmobile.

The Accord has definatley finally shed it's image of a dependable, but staid, car. It has nice curves, and the interior fit and finish is superb. Has a nice backlit LED intrument panel that comes on in three stages - just like the Lexus. Far quieter than the Intrigue - less road and tire noise gets into the cabin - something that always seemd a bit excessive in the Olds. Dimensions are smaller, but that's OK with me, still very comfortable in the driver's seat.

Anyway, I'm still going to keep looking, but I was truly surprised how much I liked this new Accord, after never being impressed by one before. I'd like to see what the '04 GP is like. Checked out the CTS and was underwhelmed. Other than those, GM is leaving me cold right now.
    Glad to hear you are ok. You might still be able to p/u an 02 to replace your car.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I am hoping that the intrigue's poor resale value
    (doesn't seem like many cars have good resale values anymore)doesn't impact you in a negative way when they pay you for your car.
  • oldsman01oldsman01 Posts: 1,203
    Glad to hear your okay. You weren't part of that pile up in Wisconsin were you? I have to say if mine was totaled tomorrow, I'd be a bit sad. While part of me would see it as an opportunity to get that CTS I've been wanting, I also know that the payoff would probably just cover what I owe and then maybe leave me with $500 or so to go toward a down payment. And besides, I still like the car alot. Despite the body style being on the roads for over 5 years now, it is still a sharp looking sedan. Especially when she's clean and the chrome wheels are shinning and the gold emblems nearly glow against the black finish. And I want the new 250+ hp V6 in my CTS anyway so the Olds still suits me fine for now. Any ideas on what your going to look for in the way of replacement?
  • mfletouvamfletouva Posts: 166
    Hey guys...

I have an '01 Alero V6 but I love the Intrigue as well. I know that the final Intrigue rolled off the assembly line in June, but there are still some left over on dealer lots. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how much these new Intrigues are going for. I see that there is a $3000 rebate, plus another $1500 owner loyalty, but how steeply are dealers discounting them? When I was at an Oldsmobile dealer the other day and mentioned my interest in the Intrigue, the sales people perked right up, said that they really wanted to move the last of them (this dealer had 3 left). Anyone buy one recently or have any idea as to how low they will go? Thanks!
    Check the invoice, take off the cash backs and offer $500 less. If you get it, you probably have a sweet deal. I have a lot of experience with both (have one of each) cars and the Intrigue is definitely a step above the Alero in every way.
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    Anyone ever had theirs come on less than 2 months and 1500 miles since the prior oil change? Me neither but mine just started coming on when I start the car. It goes off after less than a mile. The oil still looks clean on the dipstick.
  • Imacmil,

The only time that happens to me is when I take the car in for an oil change before the light comes on, and the dealer/service center forgets to reset the monitor. Lately I've been going to places other than the dealer, and none of them has known about resetting the monitor. In fact, mine started coming on this weekend because I forgot to reset it after the last oil change. I guess that tells me I had the oil changed 2000 miles too early. In my '99 GLS, the light comes on at start-up, and goes out after a few minutes.

If yours was reset at your last oil change and it's still coming on that soon, I guess the computer thinks you've been drag racing from a cold start and driving in rush hour traffic. I guess that system could get a glitch. Probably a fairly simple computer diagnostic to check, maybe not cheap to fix if computer components need to be replaced.
  • jgriffjgriff Posts: 362
    Yep, still hanging around, just for the heck of it.

TSchramm ::: Honda is setting the bar for how cars are suppose to be designed & built. 240hp out of 3.0, not bad.

Really like the 350-Z's, that I've seen on the road. Real lookers.

Been on the road a few times, rental has been the new Camry. I'm not overly impressed, if you like that Buick ride then Camry is a good match.

Can't wait for Acura new TL on '04.
    Just can't let the Intrigue go can you buddy?

Honda rules!