Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

L8_ApexL8_Apex Posts: 187
edited March 19 in Mercedes-Benz
Welcome to the continuation of the Mercedes-Benz
C-Class (Part 5)
topic. Those of you joining us
from that topic are welcome to continue your
discussion.

If you're new to this topic, you may want to
follow the above link for additional archived
posts.

Thanks,

L8_Apex
Sedans Host

Comments

• cticctic Posts: 291
    Ha, got the first post!
  • dennettdennett Posts: 332
    Just got back from a 300 mile Thanksgiving drive, got between 26-27mpg, seems pretty good. We are still loving the new C, but are starting to get a few chips on hood. Our I30 was driven over the same routes and had about as many chips after 3 years as the Benz does after 3 weeks. I'm really starting to wonder about the quality of paint on the hood. The paint must not be very hard, the chips are very small, and I would think whatever is making them should not chip the paint. Not only does it have about 8-10 very small chips, I see a new one everyday, but now that I'm really looking I see 4-6 tiny spots were there's some sort of debris under the paint. We paid $1k for our special order paint and I'm not too happy with the workmanship. What do you people think about this? Are the newer bras any good? Do they abrade the surface? Are they even availible for the new Cs?
  • nusinknusink Posts: 12
    It is my understanding that all MB paint is water base due to environmental concerns at the factory. I just sold my 99 SLK and ordered a C320. My experience was the same as yours. Every day I would end up with a new rock chip. I will be looking into buying a bra for my C320.
  • Can you post a pic of your Capri Blue C? I would love to see some good pictures of this color.
  • nfotxnfotx Posts: 15
    Yes, this car is for business purposes only.
  • nfotxnfotx Posts: 15
    Okay Daniel, Let's hear the report. How's the new car? You must have taken delivery today.
  • nfotx...
    Hm.. It's a bad news...
    I still didn't get it. I just called the dealership and they are frustrated also.
    Trucking guys didn't show up yet!

They shipped the car on Tuesday at 4PM in LA to San Jose, CA... I still didn't have a chance to

Ohhhhhhh!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! He just called me!!
    It's here! I'll be back tonight and tell you what I think!!!!
  • ...a C240 (C1,2,3,4; K2; Bose, metallic silver/ash) and have been reading all your comments with interest. I too cannot believe they refuse to acknowledge any "problems" they're having regardless of what they are. Displays a striking lack of understanding about the new information age, where everything gets out anyway and it's all about how you handle it getting out.

Anyway, got $470 off MSRP, but had to flog them for it. I'm hoping it doesn't come with any scratches, and I'm hoping they have their problems worked out by then. Tis a beautiful machine.

The funniest thing about reading this thread was that I went to high school with a guy named Paul Hatala, and he had means and it wouldn't surprise me if he was MB USA Pres a bit. I may write him.
  • ...late Feb. to early March for delivery.
  • From a post back in Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Part 5) a few of you commented about unscheduled oil changes costing $40+. I don't understand why you would want to change oil earlier than what the onboard computer suggests. I haven't taken delivery of my new C, however I would like to know if servicing it more than what is recommended is necessary.
    The way I look at, if I lease for 3 years and MB covers all maintenance for 4 years 50,000 miles and something happens because of their service intervals....it’s MB’s problem.
  • jonorato, please tell me where you placed your order. I placed my order for a C240 in late September in the San Francisco/San Jose area (Smythe), I was told last week to expect delivery in the spring (about the same time as your delivery date or later). THX
    sirus32-I agree with you, if you're leasing for 3 years go for only the free service. Many of us bought our cars and plan on keeping them more than 3 years. With that in mind, I want the break-in oil and filter out of there between 2-3k, After that I'm going for the included service only, although I will switch to Mobil 1 synthetic, I can pretend it's an AMG then LOL!

nusink- Do you have any idea where to get a bra for the new C Class? I've checked with several dealers and they don't have them yet. I did see at clairparts they sell bras for SLKs for only $91, I e-mailed them and asked when they'd get them for the C Class. I'll post their response here if you're interested.
  • nusinknusink Posts: 12
    I don't know where we can get a
    C cup..............oops, I mean a C class
    bra as of yet. If you do find a manufacturer
    please pass the information on. By the
    way, reference your gas mileage on the
    Thanksgiving trip, do you have the
    240 or 320?
    We're still in the break-in period and drove 66-71mph. Do you think it will improve at say 10k, when it's totally broken in? Those little chips are really a bummer, I'll let you know what I here on the C cup bra, let me know if you find one.
  • zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    my 240 has 3000 miles on it..why change opil?new engine has small debris from breaking in..just changed oil and filter..worth every cent..reccomended 1st change is 10,000..too long for my comfort zone...my 240 has been getting 26-30 mph hwy depending on speed i travel..best is at 55-65
  • Say, do you think that there is enough room in the Edmunds Sedans Conference to have more than one topic room (#4185, and the previous rooms) to discuss the C series MB?

Topic # 4185 (and several of the previous threads) have been devoted almost entirely to the ordering/delivery of the 2001 C's, color of paint, options, CD changers etc, etc. --- adinfinitum. It gets old fast.

I created new topic room # 4145 but, without leadership from the top things are going along at a (French) snails pace.
    Thanks for your input.

I created a new topic room (#4145) but without any direction from the top it is going at a snails pace. After all, there are many many more of us "old" C series owners that are still interested in current problems/ideas pertaining to the older cars.
  • sorry about the repitition in the last couple of paragraphs in post # 16. I didn't realize that I had a spacing problem until after I posted the message.
    Thanks a lot
  • I had been thinking about getting a ML320, until I saw the new C series. Wow...

I'll be using it as a third car--we already have an Expedition for the 3 kids and I drive a cargo van during the week.

I drove a C320 sport today and was very impressed with most everything. I did feel the trunk has a bit of a cheap feel to it however. The power and handling seem great.

We have a friend who is the sales manager at the local MB dealer, so I think we can get a pretty good deal, he is quoting 3-4 months for delivery.

I think I'll order with option C2, C3 and C6 sport pkg. I'm not to sure about color, although the slilver looks pretty good. The Obsidian black is nice too, however that might be too bland with the charcoal interior.

What do you think?
  • I just cam back from the dealer with my new C.
    It's Silver/Ash Premium Leather, C1, C2, C4, XENON, Auto, CD Changer.
    After 3 horrified days of unexpected waiting..(Nobody knew where the truck driver went!) it came to the dealership 2 miles away from my house in ONE Unmodified car.
    No scratch at all, perfect shape, only had 8 miles on it.
    My car has 25 miles on it now.
    I am so glad that the car came in one piece..=)
  • Howdy all!
    Ive been reading these very helpful posts for a while now and have decided to add a bit of helpful wisdom.

First let me say that after 8 hours I went, checked out, and purchased my C240 with no waiting.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET ONE LESS THAN STICKER!!! After emailing all the dealers within a 150 mile area, ONE of them called and told me that they were selling their "test drive" model - a loaded 240 and that they would deal on it.
    All of the other dealers in my area are stuck on the MSRP due to demand and supply constraints.

I followed the advice of Edmunds, and haggled my old wreck of a car up in value (a 91 Jeep Wrangler w/ 119000 miles).

I also got them to lower the interest rate, drop the price on the car (by 3K since it was driven 500 miles)and throw in a CD changer and some cargo nets.

I will say that they were very professional, kind, and considerate at the dealership... they answered all my questions and I felt they were really trying to work with me (Calstar Motors - Glendale, CA).

Anyways, I just wanted to throw my two cents in... you dont want to pay sticker and dont want to wait... see if they want to get rid of their "high mileage" test drive car...
This discussion has been closed.