Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• robtroxelrobtroxel Posts: 103
    MB zone rep says a fix is really in the works.
  • nankynanky Posts: 75
    Zmeenow's comment on Obsidian Black is correct. It is so close to straight black you really have to get close, and at times, wipe a clean spot to see the metallic difference. I saw an E in Obsidian parked next to a straight black at a dealership and they looked the same from afar. It seems as if there aren't too many C's being ordered in the Obsidian Black. My dealer looked on some report of cars "on the sea" and at the dock to do an exchange but could not find an Obsidian 320 coming to the S. Cal area any time soon so, I have to keep waiting till mid-May. Brilliant Silver he could get within 2 - 3 days. It could be the closeness in color to straight black makes it difficult to justify an additional $625 in some cases.
  • tclawtclaw Posts: 23
    It's understandable that Mercedes would fail in its first attempt to build cars with remote unlocking and, yes, it may have protected itself legally with its disclaimers, but it's truly disgraceful that a company that prides itself on quality and customer satisfactioon doesn't have the decency to let the first 59,000 customers know that the heavily promoted feature doesn't work. Those of us on this board know, but how many people will find out the hard way? It is for this lack of communication that MB deserves to be heavily criticized.
  • dennettdennett Posts: 332
    I won't try to install them until this weekend, may even be next week, we've got a busy weekend planned. I'll let everyone know how it goes! I think I'm going to install just one first so that I can compare the difference. One of my bulbs was loose in the packaging like other posters have said, I think it may be caused by customs guys inspecting it. My box had been opened and then resealed with tape saying, "Examined" and "Customs Service" The others have said theirs still worked so I'm assuming mine will too.
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    >My dealer looked on some report of cars "on the >sea" and at the >dock to do an exchange but could >not find an Obsidian 320 coming to >the S. Cal >area any time soon so, I have to keep waiting >till mid->May.

There will be two Obsidian 320's headed for Southern California in mid-May -- I hope we are both lucky enough to receive them in "perfect" condition.:)

Miki
    Zmeenow -- Re Obsidian Black -- if it looks black I will be happy -- the blacker the better. Thank you for your reply.

Miki
  • rainersrainers Posts: 50
    If customs had any chance of touching those bulbs, please remember to wipe them clean with some good rubbing alcohol. The oil from someone's hand will cause a premature failure of those bulbs.
    rainers, yes I was planning on it. It seems they may have touched the bulb that is loose. Thanks for mentioning it though.
    >yes, it may have protected itself legally with >its disclaimers, but it's truly disgraceful that >a company that prides itself on quality and >customer satisfaction doesn't have the decency >to let the first 59,000 customers know that the >heavily promoted feature doesn't work.

There may be disclaimers in the "C" catalogue, but before the product is purchased, the customer should also be advised that certain things in the catalog are not available on the car as represented. If the customer still wants to buy the car, then the manufacturer should have the customer's signature on a form that states the customer has been advised of what is not available. In my case, for example, the dealer was out of catalogs when I purchased the 320 and I received it at a later date and after the purchase.
  • nabzynabzy Posts: 29
    Well it seems the new models are coming in earlier than ever. My salesman at Clair Motors, Rick, passed on to me a newsletter that states the following:

2002 models will start production as of the 3rd decade of MAY, in other words from about May 20th onwards for cars coming from Germany. This means we shall see the new models here in July.

The 2002 SL's (last year for this body) are already being produced and are available as standard and the special silver arrow package that has been widely publicised. 1400 silver arrow SL 500's will be made only 100 SL 600 silver arrows will be made.

2 color changes to report - as of sept 1st glacier white changes to alabaster white and aspen green changes to everest green. Whether this means there is no glacier white or aspen green form the start of MY 2002 production till sept 1st or there is until sept 1st is not clear as yet.

designo - for MY 2002 slate blue on the CLK is no longer available, at this point it does not say what the replacement will be. Also, Goldenrod and copper packages are scrapped on the SLK, again no replacement news yet.

There are already productions slots showing for 2002 E class 4matics, these are being built as of the 2nd decade of may. They get built earlier as they are shipped to Austria I believe to have the 4 matic installed.

ML 430 is replaced by ML 500, I have the option pricing on the 2002 but not the standard changes as yet. The 2001 MY prodution ends mid June on MLs and the MY 2002 production starts up July 1st.

Dealers will start getting produciton slots on MY 2002 cars as of tomm, thus, full product ordering guides will be coming in any time now. Rick will pass on to me any info he gets and I will post immeadiately.

By the way he has a 2001 silver/charcoal CLK 55 he is selling at MSRP, the car is brand new. It was something to see my 55 next to that one, 2 CLK 55's next to each other, a rare site indeed.

Nabzy
  • zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    dennet..please if you could give a detailed accounting as to how the bulb installation goes for you? listening to your experience will determine 1)if i buy the bulbs and 2) if i install them myself.
    mikki..i too enjoy the elegance of a black car.. the plus of a color like obsidian.. is the surprise of the depth of the color up close and personal! but at a casual glance.. it just comes across as a"black beauty"
  • raylauburaylaubu Posts: 15
    Do you know what differences 2002 C240 will have?
    Is the msrp going to be the same?
    When will the first patch of 2002 C240 arrive in the US east coast? Early July?

Thank you for all the info =)
  • mb_a_mustmb_a_must Posts: 32
    Thanks for the great info on the 2002 stuff. I would also be interested in finding out a bit more, especially on the c and e class. Isn't the e class going to be redesigned for 2002?
    Thanks again for posting to the group!

greg@thedailydonut.com
  • sargent4sargent4 Posts: 17
    Hi, I picked up my C320 Tuesday and within hours the key did not work - I posted this. The programming was not something I wanted to do. Well, today, I got a fixed key. Prestige, NJ service manager sait 35 new keys have come in for the entire country and they got 2. I guess since I just got the car and kept saying how nothing ever went wrong with my last 2 Lexus GS300(also threw in my Acura) they gave me the new key. Must say the people at Prestige are top notch plus I LOVE driving this car.
  • zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    ..is back on da road!..prestige in paramus took care of several minor problms.squeaky seat.. intermittant express sunroof(needed to be "resynched").and a cracked piece of plastic on the door lock mechanism. all at no charge.. handshakes all around.. personal and friendly service... the service"greeter" even cameback one last time to dry my windows which had some water droplets on them from being washed.... nice dealer so far as im concerned!
  • mbnut1mbnut1 Posts: 403
    How does driving the C320 compare with your former GS300? I'm assuming your last one was a '98 or newer. Also did you ever experience a vibration problems with it?
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Friday Freeways chat is on now! (5-6pm Pacific/8-9pm Eastern). Hope to see you there!

http://www.edmunds.com/chat/freewaychat.html
    Gary, you've got to do it yourself! If I were to do it again, I could do both sides in less than 2 minutes! The instructions are in your manual, the only problem I had was undoing the little metal clips that hold the bulb in place. It was really hard to see and I was very afraid I'd break something. Just push it in and then towards the passenger side for both headlights, they're the same, not mirror images of each other. I did wear surgical gloves and I did clean the bulbs with alcohol first. I installed the passenger side first, Drew recommended this as there is a little more room, and then went for a drive. It's not a huge difference but it is definitely noticable. It is much more crisp at the edges and it's more xenon like, maybe wishful thinking!, in front and for the first 25-30 degrees from center. At the more periferral edges it is nothing like xenons. When I got home it took about 3-4 minutes to install the driver's side. The first bulb took me about 10 minutes. All in all, I'd say they are definitely worth the $32 bucks and I really felt like an MB technician while installing them! LOL!! If anybody in the San Diego area needs help or even wants me to install theirs I'd be happy to do so, seriously!

Ian, have you gotten yours yet? Installed them? If so what do you think? Sorry I missed Friday Freeway! I thought about you guys! Who won? Not harryO again!!! LOL
  • tomsky3tomsky3 Posts: 48
    I'm sorry to hear that someone did that to your new car. Won't insurance cover the vandalism damage (up to a deductible) under your comprehensive policy?

Jack
  • lperakislperakis Posts: 49
    Is anyone else experiencing this? It is a repeatable issue: CD playing a song...I apply the breaks and come to a complete stop...the sound get MUCH lower...then I accellerate...the sound gets louder...

Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.