Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• rexconde1rexconde1 Posts: 278
    Did you leave a message?

I bet they turned the machine on given the amount of calls and emails that they would be getting because of the postings.

Rpobert
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    Yes, if your mail relay server is out there and you send mail through it, that would be the "source" of the email.
    If your version of Outlook is set up to send email without using an SMTP relay server, the IP that shows up will be the connection you are connected to for Internet access.

It would be reallllly weird to put a server in Thailand because the cheapest Internet access is in the US.
  • mleskovarmleskovar Posts: 171
    According to another forum (where I copied the email reply from Autohaus) they were reported and shut down.
    Curious, what is this other board?

Robert
  • acco20acco20 Posts: 208
    Do you have a cell phone antenna on your rear window? These have been known to cause whistling noise at higher speeds, if pointed straight up. If you do have one, and if it is the cause, it helps to tilt the antenna back so it is facing rearward at sort of "half mast". Good luck.
  • nankynanky Posts: 75
    >>Did you leave a message?
    No, I didn't leave a message. I called twice just to make sure I dialed the right number.

>> they were reported and shut down.
    This may explain the message I received a few hours ago when I tried to access their site. Although the home page was up, clicking on anything brought up a message that said something about current information not being available.
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    The best spy photos for this yet (the edmunds board for this appears to be gone?):

http://mbspy.bacosys.be/r230un.htm

Now if only the stock market would recover.......

• mga3mga3 Posts: 51
    As you suggested, I re-synched the sunroof following the manual instructions, and now the sunroof is working normally.

Talking to my dealer in NJ, they said they would have done the same thing. If it continues to happen, they then suggest to bring it in.

The resynching on my own,saved me a trip from Manhattan.
    Again,thanks for the tip.
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    Just a thought -- do you have Key Dependent setting configured to "on"? This is needed if more than one key is used.

Miki
    >Miki, maybe that whistling sound
    >is Mother Nature's way of telling you to slow >the heck down. What are you driving 90 mph for >anyway?

Matthew -- Every now and then, the little devil within makes me do bad things :) I shall try to overcome! But as you wrote, the speed sneaks up so silently that one hardly notices.

Miki
    I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my post, but I do not have a cell phone antenna on the car. Your suggestion will benefit someone who does, however.

Miki
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Actually Miki, you do have a cellphone/GPS antenna on your rear window, pre-wired for the COMAND, integrated cellphone, and TeleAid system. However, because it's aerodynamically designed and extremely stubby, it only causes very minimal wind noise, if any perceptable at all!

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    >The whistling-wind noise you hear when the >slider is not pushed forward to cover the glass >is normal, as long as it's faint. It is a sound >I hear in both my Accord and the C and believe >the same may be true for other cars. Push the >slider to cover the glass the next time you hear >it and there should notice a decrease in the >sound level.

Nanky,

Thank you. My little mind did not want to use the slider, but experimenting to see if the whistling decreases is a good idea. Feel better to know I am not the only one with a car that whistles :)

Your theory about audio sounding better with the slider closed sounds right to me! -- like listening to music in a padded cell. :)

Oh yes, indeed, our "kids" are smooth and steady at high speeds. If you ever see a twin driving around, you will know it's your C's sibling by my license plate.

Miki
    >Actually Miki, you do have a cell phone/GPS >antenna on your rear window

Drew -- Daaaaah! Of course I do! Another blonde moment! That's what comes from too much dancing and sleep deprivation. Next time I hear the noise, I will stick my head out the window to listen -- and I will become the blond joke of the week :)

Miki
  • ahostahost Posts: 36
    > Just a thought -- do you have Key Dependent setting configured to "on"? This is needed if more than one key is used.

Thanks. Yes, I have put key dependent on. And if both keys have "easy entry/exit" on it works fine. If I switch easy entry/exit off, then clearly when I remove and insert my own key again, the seat does and should not move. But I still thought than when I insert my wife's key, it should move to her position, even without "easy entry/exit" on. I asked the dealer, but he was not sure either how it should work. He will try on one of the other cars.
  • benz747benz747 Posts: 91
    just heard that there is difference in 2001 and 2002 prices they shoot up by $600 - any body has more information on this ?
  • dalfruindalfruin Posts: 8
    Good news, MB have agreed to replace my car. I should find out what is within the UK dealer network over the w/e or at the start of the week.

It helped that I got the previous C class model swapped out for a new one 4 years ago - intermittent auto box fault. Same process as this one, they say it is fixed, it isn't - repeat ad nauseum.

This time round I would not repeat ad nauseum, so I involved MBUK immediately, even so the car had been in the dealership to get fixed 3 times in the first week.

Now I get to figure out what colour I want again, no more Jasper Blue (the really bright blue) although I may want the AMG alloys back....

Decisions, decisions.....

My advice to anyone with serious problems - be very nice, be very reasonable and be determined.
    Had my second replacement key ordered Wednesday. "Not common for keys to fail like this". It's replacing a key that was replaced three weeks ago. Sigh. Only irritation so far.
    Because the board seems so quiet, I decided to update all on my drop-in visit to my Service Advisor yesterday.

Re my windshield distortion -- after he and several others sat in all the C's they had, I was told that all of them had some distortion but mine seemed to have more waves and distortion. Since I have four years to replace it, I decided to wait until the very last of the warranty when it most likely will have acquired some damage.

Re my Xenon -- I wanted to have them raised a little, but it requires leaving the car overnight. If their position meets the required specs, they cannot change postion. Very strict regulations in USA for these lights. They have to put the car on a level ground to work with them -- sounds seriously delicate :)

Re my 5000 miles oil change -- one service advisor says not needed, but mine said I don't need, but it could not hurt. The sensors are made to detect the sludge and metal stuff. They are still under contract to Penzoil, which is Mercedes approved. I asked about Mobil One and he told me that I can bring my own (as others on the board have done with their dealers). He said this is the only instance
    they will work with a customer with an outside product.

I will wait until the oil change to have the Xenons checked out.

Miki
  • ong2000ong2000 Posts: 19
    I want to order new C320 with xenon light, but the dealer told me that I have to add the option c4 with it, is it true ???
    The salesman said, if I don't want to add the c4 then I can't get the Xenon light. Some advice please ??

Joe
    Xenon lights are listed on mbusa.com as a stand alone option for $850 US. Didn't need them when I purchased so don't know what the dealers offer.
    My C320 was delivered May 30 with Xenon lights. In order to have the Xenon, I had to take the $800/850 package with headlamp washers and heated seats -- both of which I will never use -- but I wanted the lights enough to throw away $850 plus tax. My dealership's owner contacted the factory in Germany and was not able to have the car built with just the Xenon. My C320 brochure states that when getting the Xenon, the C4 is required.

Miki
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Didn't we discuss using the headlamp washers as gags for unsuspecting motorists or passerbys ;-)

As for the heated seats, you can use them after a hard weekend of partying/dancing too! Sort of like a heatpad for your lower back and your own "seat" :-)

BTW, the Xenon headlamps should be aligned by the dealer using a special device that can measure the light output/level. It's not very complex at all. There are not really any strict rules in the US regarding these Xenon lamps, no more than the usual lamps and definitely much less so than Europe which requires the headlamp leveling + washers with these HID lamps. It is more likely that your dealer said that just so they can't be held accountable in case you get a ticket for these lamps being too high.

Of course, because they have a sharp cutoff (i.e. very distinct separation from the lighted area to the dark area above the beams) this can be an issue too if the lamps are aimed too low since there is very little stray light for you to see further up ahead. Perhaps you can use this argument too if your dealership declines to raise them just a bit? If you haven't already noticed, the headlamps have auto-leveling, which basically makes them "hug" the road when going uphill/downhill so as to not blind oncoming drivers.

Regarding the oil change, your local Walmart should have Mobil 1 15W50 in 4.5 Quart containers. If they don't, they should be able to order it for you. Your engine requires 8.5 Quarts, so you should have 0.5 Quarts left over from the second bottle. You can either drain this 1/2 quart out and store it so that they don't overfill your crankcase (the computer will tell you if it's overfilled), or they should return 0.5 Quarts of the oil back to you after the service.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    >Didn't we discuss using the headlamp washers as >gags for unsuspecting motorists or passerbys ;-)

Indeed we did -- but such fun would be at the expense of my pride and joy's beautiful complexion.

>As for the heated seats, you can use them after a hard weekend of partying/dancing too! Sort of like a heat pad for your lower back and your own "seat" :-)

As long as you mentioned it (I have been wanting to do so for quite a while) -- women's seats do not get as cold as that of men :) Really!! Proof of this provocative statement: Watch a man warming up standing in front of a fireplace -- then watch a woman. The man stands with his back to the fire, hands clasped behind his back; the woman faces it with arms in front hugging herself LOL

Now that I have given you the above information one cannot do without, I do thank you for all of yours. When I go to have the lights adjusted I will be armed and ready for them. I got the idea they wanted to make me happy. No, I did not know they were auto-leveling, but I notice that when I get off the freeway which is where I am always driving at night and onto my street that I can the see the light square the Xenon produces -- something that would be annoying if seen a lot.

Appreciate your telling me about the oil, amount of quarts, weight, and what to look for as leftover. I don't have a local Walmart, so it will have to be Pep Boys. Perhaps I will call and have them order ahead as you suggest when the time comes.

Miki
    Even better is to turn the jets around so that they point towards the front

:-)
  • ong2000ong2000 Posts: 19
    Thanks Miki, Joe
    Joe -- you are most welcome.

Miki
  • A dealer in my area has two (2) new wagons as of today. Base price is $38,450 w/o destination.

Here is a link for the 02 ordering guide for the C class for those that want option pricing:

http://content.communities.msn.com/CLKOwnersDiscussion/PhotoAlbums?Page=5

• bbilly11bbilly11 Posts: 3
    Hi Guys I have a 95 C280 very low miles 33000 very good condition. I wanted to sell it and get a new one. Any idea the best place to put the add. Any good website..I thought if I sell it on my own I might get a little more.

What do you think of the new C-Coupe?
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.