Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    I don't use my horn much either. I'd rather just laugh it off then blip the horn and possibly risk a road rage incident. Unless of course it's someone doing something like backing out without looking, or day dreaming for more than 4-5 seconds after the traffic light turns green ;-)

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • benz747benz747 Posts: 91
    thanks for the information, but the photos are not on WWW they are in my drive C, three JPG files, if you can give me your e. mail address I can send them to you and you probably could help to make them appear to fellow members of this forum

thanks in advance
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    About the photos - just keep in mind that you can only use the "img src" tags to post photos for which you own the copyright. Otherwise, you can post a link to the photos, as long as that is okay with the site hosting them.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
  • jerry320jerry320 Posts: 27
    http://www.competitionpress.com/carnews/2001_stories/0702_headliner.mv

I have my c320 for 3 months now, and there were few small problems, but nothing compares to what most new BMW owners have experienced. Glad that I made the right choice.

I have my c320 for 3 months now, and there were few small problems, but nothing compares to what most new BMW owners have experienced. Glad that I made the right choice.

• johnny2000johnny2000 Posts: 38
    Hi all,

I have posted earlier about the slugginesh felt in the transmission when you switch gears mostly from 1st to 2nd gear. Well, I took my car to service and it was fixed under warranty.

It took them 9 hours of labor and what they have found out was that the Torque Converter is locking "impermissibly" and they have labeled it a "sporadic fault." They have ended up replacing the Torque Converter, replaced valve body and filter, replaced control unit due to sporadic can, reset communication faults, and performed shift adaptation for shift quality.

If any of you are still experiencing slugginesh in the transmission you could email me and I will email you with the parts numbers needed for this warrantied work.

The transmission is super now and I am grateful to you all for the warning and especially JRCT for your technical expertise.

Cheers,

Johnny2000
    Sorry for the multipal posts above. I have been away from this board for too long. Anyway, a new problem in my C320: A little plastic bar that holds the window washing fluid bottle is melted, so the bottle brakes off from the metal frame. You have to pop the hood in order to see it. Afterwards, I checked with NHTSA, and there are recalls on 2000 S and CL models on the exact problem. My dealer replaced the bottle kit in less than an hour. I was surprised that they had the part in stock, so maybe this had happened to other owners too.???
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    And if you want to see one of the results, look at http://www.eliteviews.com

The 3 series does feel a bit more solid than the C in curves at the Powertrip comparison. The C coupe felt more nimble though and cornered flatter.
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    I think getting the optional sport package ought to satisfy most people's wants for a more spirited driving experience with the C-class. The slightly lower ride height, combined with the firmer springs and shocks + sportier tires definitely help, but yet the ride is not uncomfortably firm.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    That's probably true, but we didn't get to experience it on the Powertrip. :-)
    Plus the Sport option is $$ :-P
    The normal C is better than pretty much all they had there as competitors except maybe the 325i; I wasn't fond of the 3 series interior. The Audi interior was equal in quality.
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    Drew:

Aren't you proud of us! -- we have established here, sort of, that we are just as courteous and lacking in rude as the Europeans when it comes to using our horns :)

I am hoping that if I keep my car clean and washed, I will not have to use the headlamp. washer often (using the headlamp washers as a weapon does appeal to me, however).

I did not have the Xenon on the 320 Black and I found the low-beams not good enough. I am very happy I added them to the Obsidian. I did get them though for the wrong reason -- because I drive so much faster now than I did in my BMW, I needed to see further down the road because I arrived there faster (well, it makes sense to me!). The Xenon provides excellent light but its range is not that far down the road to get there before I do :)

Miki
  • maxq2maxq2 Posts: 6
    What's the deal for subscription pricing for this service? Do we get one year free with a three year subscription?
  • newmbfannewmbfan Posts: 59
    Has anyone noticed that there are never any used C240's or 320's in the paper or the dealers lot? Guess that means that in spite of all the little gremlins in the car, most people (myself included) are satisfied over all with the car.

I was planning on upgrading to a 320 after a year or so, but I never see any available.

I have about 7000 Miles and no complaints.
  • rs64rs64 Posts: 64
    The first year is free even if you don't buy additional years. However, you do get a price break for subscribing for a 2 yr. or longer plan (giving you + years of service).

BTW - has anyone used the service for anything?
  • maxq2maxq2 Posts: 6
    I always have a cell phone in my car and I also have AAA so I don't know how useful this service will be for me. Maybe I would use the service if I got lost out of state once in a blue moon but that's it.
  • nankynanky Posts: 75
    In addition to the free first year subscription, you also get a one-time allotment of 30 free minutes. Additional minutes are charged at .40 per minute in AT&T coverage areas and .75 outside AT&T coverage areas. Route assistance is billed at $2.95 per call.

Just more little stuff to know about the service. My ignorant self initially thought the subscription fee covered everything.
  • nankynanky Posts: 75
    I am also considering the cell phone option at the end of the first year. The neat thing about teleaid is that it sends a message once the airbags deploy, a feature that can be useful for those of us who ply remote areas at odd times of the day. Other than that, the cell phone should work and if I am not in a position to use it, I am almost sure other kind hearted motorists will dial 911 for me.
  • tschreyertschreyer Posts: 12
    Also, if your anti-theft alarm goes off, and is not disabled within a certain time, the car will call for help! Then they call down the contact list to tell you. And if stolen without break-in, the GPS can locate the vehicle. Not sure either of these can be used if your subscription is not renewed.

And then there's the not often needed (but when it is, it is) remote unlocking.

We just made our acceptance call last week and I was impressed that even though my neighborhood is less than 3 years old, that they pegged the exact names of the closest streets. My wife and I made the call together and really appreciated the Neat-O factor (we're both low-scale techno-geeks).

Has anyone tried the remote-unlocking via email? I'd love to send my new car a note!

Tim
  • dawindawin Posts: 15
    Saw a used C320 (loaded) at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach, CA. That was a few months ago.
This discussion has been closed.