Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,107
    but does nothing but add extra weight to help you stop.

I hear by the end of this year ('03 model possibly) that a C320 will be available with Mercedes-Benz's 4Matic All Wheel Drive. They'd better do something to drop the price of it to make it competitive with Audi's Quattro & BMW's DSC-X (AWD systems priced at $1750). I think $Matic is a $3000 option on the E-Class right now!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Can anybody recommend an MB Dealer in the NY Metro Area? You can email me the info (email is in my profile) if this topic has been discussed. I'm fed up trying to deal with Benzel_Busch & Mercedes-benz of Nanuet. Thank you for your help.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• mga3mga3 Posts: 51
    Try Prestige Motors in Paramus,NJ. Doug Tucker is their internet salesman. Though I leased my '01 C320 Blk/Java wth C2 & C3 pkgs. It was hassle free and no money down. Except for 1st month payment and bank fee. I walked out with a new car for $1191.

Another strategy, would be to shop around get the best price and present it in writing to MB of Manhattan on the westside and they will match it. This dealership is actually owned by MB and you can't do better than that, in having the factory looking after your car.

That is my only regret in negotiating for my car that I found out after the fact that the manufacturer would have matched it. But when my lease is up in three years that is excatly what I will do, as I live in Manhattan. Good luck!
  • paul_ppaul_p Posts: 271
    I suggest you call Alan Friedman at Ray Catena motors in Edison, NJ. I bought my first MB from him in 1995 and almost bought from him again when I traded for my Y2K C230 - however, my work schedule and driving from Georgia (where I now live) precluded that.

I found Alan easy to work with and very helpful. He helped me get what I needed at the best possible price, compared to other NJ dealers at the time. I also appreciate that he convinced me to lease/own a new MB - a difficult decision for me at the time, but an excellent one. The MB experience is something I truly enjoy, to include participating in this message board, both sharing with and learning from others.

Alan can be reached at (732) 549-6600.
  • lxgmblxgmb Posts: 41
    I noticed that the so called internet salesman was mentioned at least twice here. First was last year about Febrary. My experience was, last year, I sent an email to him and got no reply. So I went to talk dirctly to some other salesman and made the order. I think it is better talk to people face to face.
    In the middle of a long trip last week, I wanted to fill some gas, but the fuel tank flap was stuck. I read the mannual, on page 349, it said, there is a mannual release button somewhere inside the trunk, but I just couldn't find it, I also searched inside the trunk trim. After an hour, I gave up my effect, and called the roadside assist.

Could anybody tell me where is the button? And, has anyone's fuel flap been stuck?
  • rowlandjrowlandj Posts: 254
    Friendly Motorcars in NY is a very good dealership and Mike Caifa is a very helpful salesperson. He can be reached at 845-298-0600. If you do call you can let him know John Rowland gave you the reference.

JR
  • rainersrainers Posts: 50
    What type of fluid do people use? Can I use off the shelf or should I buy concentrate from MB?

I am worried about the cars finish
    my MB dealer does not sell that at all.
    It is such a cheap thing, I don't think MB spends time and energy to make that.
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    In my experience, Ray Catena charges strictly MSRP. However, the dealership is like Disney World and they have incredible customer service, including vehicle pickup and delivery for service (they leave you a loaner car), and you can pull into any of their dealers at any time and basicaly use them as a car wash.

If you really like that "original" German windhsield washer fluid, Wurth makes it, you can get it from motorhead.net:

http://www.motorhead.net/cgi-bin/viewproduct.exe?1014908&pdetail.htm

• cticctic Posts: 291
    When I got my car new it came with 3 or 4 plastic vials of concentrated colorless wiper fluid. Each vial is about the size of a Montblanc fountain pen.

The volume of the wiper fluid container must be whopping big though because I've never had to refill it. I think each time you take your car in for service they refill it for you. In fact, I put the vials in the garage somewhere safe where they wouldn't get lost and now 3 years later I can't find them anymore.
    I've actually gone in there and they said they don't negotiate off MSRP because (and this is a direct quote from the salesman) "Somebody has to pay for our full page Ad in the New York Times every week."

• cticctic Posts: 291
    Not to mention the boss's yatch, kid's finishing school in Switzerland, mistress and his salary. MBUSA tried this MSRP thing a couple of years ago, but it didn't work. If they need to sell the car they will go under MSRP. If there's more demand than supply, then they won't go off MSRP.
  • djasonwdjasonw Posts: 624
    I decided that I didn't want to park my car for the season so I put on a set of Blizzak MZ-01's. I got to test them a day later as we got 6 new inches of snow this past Saturday. With the combination of traction control and esp, the driving experience is much less white knuckle. I still think that FWD or AWD with snows is superior to my RWD C320. I still find even with the snow tires and starting in second gear that traction is lacking (as evidenced by the traction control light). Handling is greatly improved and dry handling with these tires are excellent. Can anyone suggest what else I can do if I want to acsend hills with snows in the white stuff (2-3") with greater ease? Should I put a couple of hundred pounds of sand in the trunk?
  • I live in Boston area, and planning to get a MB C320 very soon. Can anyone suggest a good dealer? Is the price negotiable? Can you tell me your experiences? Thanks.
    pisanglee@yahoo.com
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    If you don't renew TeleAid, what happens to your SOS button? Is it still usable for emergency roadside assistance calls? Does it still automatically call MB if your airbag deploys?
  • djasonwdjasonw Posts: 624
    That's a very good question! My renewel is in February and I decided to cancel. I think $240 per year is a ripoff. I am not sure how the call center would react to a call from an unsubscribed vehicle. Does anyone have information on this?
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    I'm reading in EC that Mercedes is going to add a C240 and C320 Coupe (ne Hatchback) this summer as 2003 models. Has anyone else heard this?

M
    A C240 Sports Coupe (Read: Hatchback) would be slower (but quieter) than the current C230 Kompressor due to the 24 less peak horsepower. It would not make much sense for MB to make this car.

A C320 Sports Coupe (Read: Hatchback) would be a nice addition with 23 more horsepower & 21 more ft-lbs of torque than the current C230 Kompressor. It would also fill a price gap (Mid $30s - Low $40s LOADED) in the MB lineup between the C230 Kompressor and the CLK 320.

I've been very impressed from what I've seen in dealer lots. Most of the C230 Kompressors are stickering for $28-$31K with a few exceptions. If they could do the same thing with the C320 Coupes and have most of them sticker in the $34-$37K range (barring fully loaded models with Command Systems ect...) it would be a good move for them.

The MB C-Coupes could essentially compete with the BMW 3 Series Coupes (and the Audi A3s that are coming to our shores).

• Is it possible that I can special order a RHD C-class from Europe (UK Spec) to the United States?
    What are the things such as tariff, paperwork, fees, that might be involved?

pisanglee@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.