Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• wc68wc68 Posts: 23
    The invoice on the car including freight is $32,755 + $500 profit + $400 advertising fee + $150 car prep fee = $33,805 before tax and license. I kow the adversting fee might be bull but they say that they have to pay it to the factory. I assume invoice cost on the web does not include advertising fee. My car will be built in Feb 03 and will get here 6 weeks from then. What part of the US are you? I am in Washington!
  • Sounds like a great deal; when all told, you still got $1360 off MSRP and from what they are saying around here, that is a pretty impressive deal. . . .GOOD HAGGLING!! I am in Richmond, VA and my dealer stated that it should not take longer than 60 days to get my car, but they say 8 to 10 weeks just to cover themselves.
    Do you know when they are going to start building your car? My car will start on Feb 28, 2003. The wait is killing me!!!
  • Sounds like a great deal; when all told, you still got $1360 off MSRP and from what they are saying around here, that is a pretty impressive deal. . . .GOOD HAGGLING!! I am in Richmond, VA and my dealer stated that it should not take longer than 60 days to get my car, but they say 8 to 10 weeks just to cover themselves.
    Do you know when they are going to start building your car? My car will start on Feb 28, 2003. The wait is killing me!!!
  • WC68,
    I got a call from my dealer today and he stated that he might be able to alter a previous order that had gone in before mine and is now being cancelled. He said if he could do that, the building would start in the first week of Feb, no exact date yet, he is supposed to keep me posted. I'm not getting my hopes up yet; I'm not expecting to see my car until the end of March/beginning of April. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
    Jettaglxvr6,
    are you buying the extended warranty?
  • I have never been a big fan of extended warranties. I figure since the first 50000 miles are on them and we have until that warranty expires to purchase an extended one, I am not going to get one now. How about yourself?
  • Instead of using these silly user names, mine is Tony. I think you can figure out the jettaglxvr6 name, but what does the WC68 stand for?
    My name is Willy and 68 is my favorite number! You can buy an extended manaufacter warranty any time within one year of the purchase. The MSRP for extra 3 years and extended to 100,000 miles is $2,300.00. Through this forum I have found Lisa in Chico, California who sells them at a discount $1,690.00. You can buy over the phone. Let me know if you want her number! I have talked to her a few times and she is very easy to work with. I plan on buying one because the cost to fix something will pay for it self. I want my car now, the wait is killing me!!!
  • Willy,
    Thanks for the info regarding the warranty and Lisa. If you could, please let me know her phone number and if I do decide to get it, I will definitely call her.

And you are right, the wait is going to kill me! But, I know that day when I pull up to the dealership to pick it up, it will all be worth it!!

Keep me informed as you receive updates on your car.
    Tony
  • teohcteohc Posts: 2
    Any known problems with rear suspension squeals when swinging hard turns on uneven surfaces or at freeway speeds going over dips?
    Dealer couldn't diagnose/fix first time around. Hoping second time is a charm.

cliff
  • Willy,
    Thanks for the info regarding the warranty and Lisa. If you could, please let me know her phone number and if I do decide to get it, I will definitely call her.

And you are right, the wait is going to kill me! But, I know that day when I pull up to the dealership to pick it up, it will all be worth it!!

Keep me informed as you receive updates on your car.
    Tony
    Tony,
    Lisa Lehrbaum, Courtesty Motors 1 (800)655-3535. Best deal in town!!! I wonder who will get their car first? As the days go by let me know the status of your car! Willy
  • i set in my friend's C55 AMG the other day, he insisted his car was made in Germany. i thought all C class made or asembled in the US (or Mexico?) who is right?

and can anyone show me a link or place that i can find out where actually is the vehicle made? can we tell from the VIN numbers?

thanks in advance,
  • There's a sticker inside the driver's door jam with the manufacturing location.
  • linardlinard Posts: 59
    All Benz's destined to the US other than the ML are assembled and produced in Germany. Although the ML's drivetrain is shipped fully assembled from Germany though.
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    C class cars for the US are also manufactured in Brazil
  • thanks for all the answers, so who is right? Brazil or Germany, or even Mexico? can someone points me to a link that i can check this out, (except my friend door of course) i know people who bought the AMG paid much more than an c230, can't imagine they paid for non Germany made car.... at the same time, i don't see they would specially built C55 body at Germany while other c are made in Brazil or mexico...

by the way, i did notice there are a loud rattle noise from my friend's car at that day, it goes away for like 5 to 10 mins, but it came back every time he starts his car, sounds like he's riding a chopper.
  • I have posted in the past that I traded my 2001 C240 for 2002 C320 Sportwagon. I had renewed the Tele aid 6 months earlier. The dealer told me that there was nothing I could do about the unused portion.

I received a renewal notice the other day for the 2001. I was going to throw it away tonight but I noticed that they were going to bill me automatically.

I called the 800 number and explained what had happened and, to my amazement, the guy tells me that he will issue me a credit for the 6 months that I had left on the old car. This is 7 months after I had traded the car.

We all do a lot of crying about MB in this forum but I can not imagine how they could have treated me better. I can not say the same for the dealer that gave me the bad information. He will hear from me tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.