Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• nycanyca Posts: 232
    No way, nobody makes aftermarket radio stuff for this car. They've got you over a barrel with this fiber optic stuff. I wonder if the spec has been released by MB? If it has been, maybe someday there is a chance for Blaupunkt to clone it. A car like this should have a head unit with a single CD player in it, hell a $17K Accord does.
  • diwc240diwc240 Posts: 172
    Arrived at Millennium MB, N.J. at 5:30 PM and drove away with my New C 240 at about 8:30 PM after activating Tele Aid with a person in Dallas.

I am in a "state of shock"....

Breezeway Delivery:

Charcoal Interior:

Glacier White:

What a Day !!!

See you at Friday Freeway !!! Ian

• dennettdennett Posts: 332
    Your car looks awesome!! I really do like the desert silver!!! I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow at Friday Freeway!! Enjoy!
  • sleakesleake Posts: 47
    Congratulations, and I really enjoyed the photos. (The Glacier white, minus the license
    plate holder, is what mine looks like.) Enjoy!
    Sherrill
  • sleakesleake Posts: 47
    My radio has the "EXT" so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe someone else can answer the question you posed in #1252
  • My radio does not have the "EXT" and the "service dept. guy" at the dealership said that it wasn't on all radios!!! I'd like to know why, but wont loose any sleep over it.

Bubba
  • MB USA sends out a questionnaire about 2 weeks after the purchase of a car. [Please note that the dealer may send out its own, as well, but the questionnaire from MB USA is important.] It asks what you thought of the dealership, the salesman, the finance manager, the condition of the car upon delivery, what you like and dislike about the car and several other questions. Your salesman's commission on your car is linked DIRECTLY to your responses on this questionnaire. If it was a good experience and you respond 'excellent', then he or she will get the full commission. But if the responses are not 'excellent' especially in the area of the sales experience, then the commission amount declines. MB USA takes your responses very, very seriously and the dealerships know this. My recommendation to you is to be honest, fair and factual in your responses.
  • lxgmblxgmb Posts: 41
    What fees do we have to pay in NJ? And how much are they?

Plate fee, document fee, advertisement fee, etc?
    Thank you.
  • elmbelmb Posts: 8
    Congratulations!!! The color is awesome. Good Luck!
  • maabmaab Posts: 41
    I bought a MB StarTAC phone, and it came with an thin (~3in) antenna for the truck. I've seen MLs on the road with ~2in antenna with a square base(?). Is square-base-antenna for NAV system?
  • maabmaab Posts: 41
    Sorry, wrong forum. A thousand pardons.
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Have been busy. Will finally be able to post more in this topic tonight and this weekend. The Friday's Freeways is starting in under an hour's time. Hope to see you there!

http://www.edmunds.com/chat/freewaychat.htm

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    OOps, I just realised that I left out the "l". Here it is again: http://www.edmunds.com/chat/freewaychat.html

Chat starts at 5pm Pacific, for those of you who are newbies. I'm sure Ian (diwc240) and Bill (dennett) will show up :-)

• diwc240diwc240 Posts: 172
    Edgar, thanks! Are you in Jersey or Chicago ?
    If N.J. think we will organize a MB C Rallye get together in June / July, Liberty State Park.
    Ian
  • dennettdennett Posts: 332
    Was awesome as usual, if you haven't checked it out you've got to come by next Friday! Ian is so excited about his new car, and he should be right?!!! I'm sure he'll have a huge smiled glued on all weekend as he's cruising around NJ! We're planning on doing some serious cruising in the C this holiday weekend as well!
  • Love the C240( sport 6MT) BUT have had the trunk that opened every time the turn signal was activiated (fixed with a new rear computer box) and now an "internal failure" of the power steering pump.. The original replacement is back ordered for a few weeks (is that a message), and a temporary non conforming replacement has been inserted that sounds as if a jet is about to take off. At least the vehicle is driveable with all of its 2600 miles on the odometer. Also had the teleaid malefunction which was corrected.. Isn't beta testing fun...
  • Picked up the new C320 tonight, Bril. Silver with charcoal leather. Car drives fabulous and looks great. Only problem was that there is a thin stress crack in the windshield, center of passenger side at bottom. I certainly would not have seen it but sales rep pointed it out and already had the replacement windshield on order. Said that 3 new C's that had come in this week all had this crack. Thought I heard a slight brake squeak on the way home so will have to check that out as well.

Even with this, no regrets on the purchase.
  • ...two weeks. How long has it been, on average, between build and delivery? Just curious...ordered 11-10, so getting anxious.

I won't take delivery at night, either. I want to go over the finish during the day.

C240, C1-4, K2, Bose, Brilliant Silver met/Ash. Should look awesome.

At this stage I'm just PRAYING they have all these glitches out by March 1. I again thank those out here who have posted their problems and joys, as I will be ready to do a close inspection upon delivery.
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    Let me get this straight, the dealer admitted to you that 3 new Cs had come in with cracked windshields and they deliviered the car to you in that condition anyway? Aren't these cars inspected at the port. Sounds like something that happened to these cars either at that particular dealer, or in transit to him. I don't see any other posts about people reporting that they picked up their cars with cracked windshields, like they do with trunk problems, etc. I'm starting to feel glad I'm waiting until 2002 to buy mine.
  • I had my C240 in the shop today for the squealing Brakes. They said the chemically cleaned the rotors. It has stopped for now. Wish me luck.

The EXT button on the radio is also not on the showroom C240. Can people let me know if they have it on their C240 with regular radio. This can be referenced on page 174 of your handbook.
This discussion has been closed.