Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    i know i get a free service every 10,000 miles or so... call me old fashioned? ;)
    mine doesnt even click.. i just feel better
  • sirus32sirus32 Posts: 55
    Drew answered your issue with the passenger side mirror not working. I just figured this one out myself today. I couldn't understand why my side mirror worked then stopped. Make sure the mirror adjustment selector button is selected(pushed-in)like you would when adjusting the passenger side mirror. If not, it won't tilt down in reverse.

Your other issue with entry/exit feature only effecting the steering wheel...... First, I'm assuming you selected "steering wheel and seat" from the convienece menu.

Here's what worked for me. Select and hold one of your preset memory selections until everything stops. Then, the easy entry/exit feature should work. For some reason when I changed the seat setting from where it was programed, the steering wheel only adjusted for the entry/exit feature.
  • jerry320jerry320 Posts: 27
    Just got my property tax bill, and it is due Today! Called LA county Tax Collector, and was told today is the date or pay penalty tomorrow. $2200 for 1st installment!!! Here goes the money for my rims!
  • mb_a_mustmb_a_must Posts: 32
    I'm not sure who posted the message about checking out clair parts on line but thanks. I found it and they seem to have a lot of stuff for MB. You can purchase the CD with mounting bracket and cables for less then $500. Not bad ... Here is the link. http://www.clair.com/mb_index.htm

leather vs. MBtex ... I optioned for the MBtex but I really like the feel, smell and looks the all leather interior gives you. Especially the door panels ... a much "richer" look. I would say if thats what you want go for it. Thats why your buying the MB right?

Enjoy .... greg@thedailydonut.com

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    is on now! (6-7pm Pacific/9-10 pm Eastern). Hope to see you there!

http://www.edmunds.com/chat/mercedeschat.html
  • at59wellat59well Posts: 3
    As per my earlier note on this subject, my problems with the elctronic key to lock and unlock the car are simply getting worse. There is very little sympathy from the dealer and MBUSA are more or less saying yes it's a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I am a pragmatist, and I love this car, everything the rest of you say about performance, ride, and style is 100% correct. The after sales and customer service is pathetically wanting, and certainly not what you would expect.

However, it is a problem when you have to lock all the doors manually, and as a result the alarm is not set. Coincidentally, not unlike 4murphy, I have consulted a lawyer and arranged for him to attend the dealership on Thursday morning. I don't suppose it will change much as the arrogance of the dealer and MBUSA is astonishing. This is my 3rd Mercedes, the last 2 had their occasional problems and the dealer I used on that occasion was forever helpful.

Can't say the same in this case, even when this problem is past, if ever, a fourth MB will take a major leap of faith!!
  • mleskovarmleskovar Posts: 171
    Wife drives 90 mi/day Southern Ca. freeways and I get to drive it on weekends when we both travel together, which is usually. Had to talk her into the fact she deserves a Benz. "It has a charcoal air filter" :-) She has had MX6, Preludes, Lancia, Triumph Spitfire, Fiat 850 Coupe, all sticks. Now she feels like a Queen and loves the car. I am impressed with it as well. There's a reason it cost $42K. 2.4K miles and no problems. How long are your front pads lasting? Anyone try OEM pads yet? How are the rotors doing? I love to tinker and plan to keep this car for a while. Anyone get a shop manual/CD yet? BTW, averaging
    almost 26 mi/gallon ( 31 mph!) city/fwy.
  • p996p996 Posts: 56
    I miss the single windshield wiper.... :-(
  • 404c404c Posts: 146
    You could always remove the passenger side wiper, for old times' sake.
  • lepinlepin Posts: 13
    After I picked up my car for a week, a stone hit the windshield of my C320. 2 weeks ago, a Ford Expedition hit the rear bumper of my car when I waited to turn left. Yesterday, I found some more scratch on my rear left bumper. There must be someone hit my car when my car was in the parking lot.
    Don't know what to say about this...
  • cticctic Posts: 291
    The arrogance of your dealer and MBUSA is astonishing indeed.

I've owned other brands and I found my MB dealer to be 10,000 times better in comparison.

Twice I've had some independent company that MB hires to call me up and ask if my service was satisfactory, plus I've had questionaires sent from MB and the dealership to make sure I was treated right. And this is all for service.

In the ML board, owners have asked for and gotten remarkably small items replaced, without any hindrance.

It has not been my experience from reading these boards that MB service has been pathetic. Why don't you go to the other dealer, or any other one? You don't need to get your car serviced where you bought it.

My lawyer charges me $350.00 a hour. Personally, I don't see what he could do that I can't do myself. It would look superflous if not stupid for me to bring a lawyer along to the service dept.
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    Lapin -- You have my sincerest sympathy -- I am truly sorry for the abuse your 320 has received and hope nothing more occurs. Have you tried putting an offering at the feet of the God of New Cars? It couldn't hoit!

Miki
    Drew -- In your "humble opinion", do you recommend doing a one-time Mobil1 oil change at about 3,000 just to get the new-car sludge out or waiting until the FSS notification at 10,000?

Miki
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Well this is what others have done in the past, as mentioned in earlier posts. The majority of people just leave it till the FSS recommends the change though. For me personally, it was more for peace of mind since I wanted to switch to Mobil 1. Bill (dennett) will be able to elaborate on his experiences on this too, I'm sure, including his costs. Since this early oil change is unscheduled (that is, not with the FSS), it will not be covered under the 4 years free maintenance.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • at59wellat59well Posts: 3
    Yea well we'll see how we get on today, if they can fix it for once and for all then, my pique will heal. The lemon laws in this state are very clear about the process which must be adhered to. unfortunately there is no paper evidence that I have returned the car previously.

The right hand drive version of this car has been launched in Europe for over a year, the 'bugs' should have worked their way out of the vehicle by now. They have sold over 150,000 new C'c since launch.

Like I said before I love the car, on the balance though, the key problem has simply tipped the 'value' equation into unfavourable.

As for the lawyer, mine comes free and makes a great witness.
  • rcessrcess Posts: 5
    I ordered a 2001 C240 on 22 December 2000, and I was initially told the car would be delivered in three months. Now the dealer tells me the car will be built next week with delivery sometime in May. Is this sort of delay common?
    No, that is not normal. I ordered my C320 on March 10th. The car is going to be built on April 21st and delivered three weeks after that. Your dealer must be small. I wonder what their allocation is for the C. Maybe they just wanted to sell all their allocated cars on the lot before they ordered yours. If that is the case....then I would be mad.

Braman BMW here in South Florida did that to me. I ordered an E46 M3 and I am 10th on the list. I just found out that the dealer is going to take the first 8-10 of their allocated cars and sell them on the floor for a $25,000 premium...hence hanging all the wait list people out to dry and making our wait that much longer. They are only allocated two cars a month so the wait has increased significantly. Sooo sad.
  • sargent4sargent4 Posts: 17
    My dealer called and said they had two new keys for me - I already got 1 a few days after I got car with key problem. They will let me keep that one so I should have 3 good keys. I am not a car buff like most of you and stumbled onto this board which has been so great. Are the keys the only problem with getting locked out? I still worry so about that. Also, on the east exit how far is the seat supposed to go back? Salesguy said only a little and sometimes it does and sometimes not - I figure i will have Service go over this on Fri. when I get the keys.
    Starting to enjoy this car - so different from the Lexus. I do feel more in control. Now going out and trying the rear mirrow tilting - will push button for passenger seat.

At59well, is your lockout problem strictly the keys? Why didn't they give you at least one new key like my dealer did? If not just the key, what should I check. Thanks
  • tomsky3tomsky3 Posts: 48
    I asked my service advisor about whether it would be a good idea to have an early oil change. He told me that Mercedes does not recommend it. Nevertheless, I went ahead at 4,000 miles and had an oil change with Pennzoil at my local Nine Minute Lube and Oil. I found it interesting that the oil filter, which they also changed, is located in front of the engine, not below.

Jack
  • zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    for the few dollars difference.. id never go to a quick lube.
  • rsl007rsl007 Posts: 7
    I have just picked up my new silver sport C320. Initially everything looks good and works. I have been a Mercedes owner for 22 years and have owned 10, mostly diesel. One question now I have is, does my C320 or even further, do all new Mercedes come with factory fill of Mobil 1? My dealer says no, only AMG models, while several knowledgeable people on Mercedesshop.com say that all Mercedes as of 2001 come with the Mobil 1 fill. Does anyone here know for sure or do I have to call MBNA to see what they say. I will also be happy to let you all know how my new car goes and any problems I have with it. This column is very good. RSL007
    >For me personally, it was more for peace of mind >since I wanted to switch to Mobil 1.

Drew,

Am I correct in thinking then that you did an early oil change only to switch to Mobil 1, but hereafter you will go by the FSS recommendations with no oil changes in between? Would your answer be the same for those who lease as it would be for me who bought?

>Bill (dennett) will be able to elaborate on his >experiences on this >too, I'm sure, including his >costs

I have been keeping a close watch on everything Dennett does :D)

Miki
  • Here are some pictures of my car:

My pictures

Enjoy

• mga3mga3 Posts: 51
    Does anyone know if the sideview mirrors fold? When I tried folding them recently,they seem to fold then resisted,so I backed off. Just curious if they fold for situations like when you park on the street?
  • bigbaddadbigbaddad Posts: 14
    Here is the url, the link from their main page was only up for a short time today.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/future/future/index.jsp&modelCode=future

Hope it works - John
  • tariktarik Posts: 344
    How are all of you going to handle the transition of PhotoPoint from a free service to a membership-based set-up? Do you think their basic membership is worth the $9.95?

Not a cheapshot, just wanting to collect some opinions...

Tarik
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    $25K over for the M3? I can't believe they will get that.

Some posters have reported that "new" keys are being issued, but what is the explanation as to what is wrong with the current keys?
  • ksydneyksydney Posts: 11
    re: Photopoint

If you are a Macintosh user, you can use Apple's itools program to do the same thing for free. You get 20MB free space for what ever you like. You can get more space, but you have to pay for it, however 20mb goes a long way in html.

I'm a photographer, so I use the space to show my clients how their projects are coming along. Here's an example:

http://homepage.mac.com/swanphoto/

While I made this site from scratch, Apple also offer photo album "templates".

I hope to order my C320 in the next few months, we'll see how business goes....

ksydney

They have sold 3 so far. This is Palm Beach Florida were talking about.
  • tariktarik Posts: 344
    Thanks for the hint, but I'm a PC-slave. If your pictures are the decisive financial factor, I can see no reason not to opt for the C 32 AMG...

I kinda like the http://www.ofoto.com setup, we'll see.

Tarik

This discussion has been closed.