Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M37

Comments

• :mad: :lemon:
    I have a 2011 M37 that has 14K miles on it. The transmission problem is real and the symptoms confirmed by the head service guy at the dealer. However, Infiniti claims - the car is functioning as designed. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. If I design a car to stall at 70 mph, that does not make it right. I drove an Acura for 20 years and wish I did not switch!!

Issues: 1) The shifts are very rough - especially at low acceleration 2) Car is slow to find the right gear when attempting to accelerate. THIS IS DANGEROUS! Your other option is to floor it and have the car racing. Either way, this is very unsettling. 3) Sport mode down shifts in very unexpected ways. 4) At time the car shifts with a "clunk" - the service tech was in the car when it did this as well.

The local dealers can do nothing but communicate the problem. You need to post issues and get Infiniti to fix this. Service tech said these are all problems related to the 7 speed trans (about 3 years old so you would think they got it right) and their ever increasing effor to improve fuel economy. At the expense of safety and confidence in the car? What??

Call Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 800-662-6200. Tell them they need to fix it. It is unacceptable to say "that is the way we designed the car"...
  • I had the same problems...and as I said in a previous post, I bought myself out of the lease 13 mos into a 39 mo lease. I also filed a NHTSA complaint because I felt that the almost stall when accelerating to pass a car on an interstate is a safety issue. If you feel that this is a safety issue, you might consider doing the same....
  • It is so sad to hear of both the problems you are having and the response of both the dealer and Nissan/Infiniti at the corporate level. They seem to be doing the same song and dance routine my dealer did; there's nothing wrong with the car, the problem is the driver. That attitude can only lead to the downfall of both the dealer and the Infiniti brand.
    When I started to complain about the transmission issues the dealer told me that I was the first they were hearing about this from. When I complained about the power windows opening after they were closed, or closing after they were opened, I got the same song and dance. Same thing with the quality of sound on the phone. Only this time they said it my phone not their car. Even though I replaced both M class Infiniti's in July I just got a recall notice for the power window issue and the bluetooth sound quality.
    As long as Infiniti has their mindset that they only make perfect cars and the only mistake they make is selling/leasing one of their perfect cars to a less than perfect customer, they will be heading down the highway to doom like a run away train. You can't fix a problem if you refuse to admit you have the problem in the fist place.
    As an aside, my two Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedans have and eight speed transmission and couldn't be better. They are totally predictable and smooth as glass. While they are missing a few features my M-37 had they have many features my M-37 did not have and they cost $8000 (each) less. One thing I don't miss is the lousy dealer attitude. After five Infiniti's I'm done with them. I vote with my pocketbook!
    The very best of luck to you. You are going to need it along with the patience of a saint.
  • sgl1sgl1 Posts: 34
    edited September 2011
    Anyone know if Infiniti has released an updated fix for the transmission problem? I thought most of the issues were resolved when my dealer updated my car's ECM/TCM software a few months ago, but I'm noticing the same scary delayed-shift issue when driving at higher speeds. ...Like previous posts, I'm seeing the same 1-2 second hesitation when hitting the accelerator hard to pass someone... There's a delay before the car surges.. I'm starting to agree that it's a safty hazard.. So frustrating that they haven't fixed it yet!
  • bienster,

I have not received recall notice for power window & bluetooth sound quality.

Will you kindly let me know what it is?
    Or post a notice?

Thanks in advance.
  • The only reason I can think of that you did not receive the notice for the windows and bluetooth is that possibly your car already has the modifications. My car was one of the very earliest to hit the showrooms. It was leased in April of 2010. Besides all the transmission issues sometimes a window would open a few inches after being closed or go back up a few inches after being opened. Just like with everything else, they told me that I was the only person experiencing the problem and that I must be doing something wrong. They're nuts!!!

Over the years I've had 5 Infiniti's, 4 Lexus', 5 Mercedes, 1 Datsun 240Z, countless Nissan and Toyota products, and 1 Porche 944. I never had a window or transmission problem with any of them. The reason Infiniti can't get the problem resolved is that in their heart of hearts they believe the real problem is with their customers not their cars. They should never have released their bug infested cars for sale until they were reasonably defect free. I no longer have any Infiniti products. I got two fully loaded Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedans and we couldn't be any happier. That's why I did not save the recall notice. What it said they would do is replace all the window switches and put in a better quality michrophone for the bluetooth.

As an aside, I almost got T-boned crossing a busy highway when my Infiniti hesitated for a few seconds before accelerating. It felt like a lifetime. It was then that I considered getting rid of the car. I think everyone who has had such an issue should file a safety report before someone gets killed.
  • rangoon1993rangoon1993 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    bienster

Thanks for your reply~

Genesis has Aisin mission, it's smooth.....like Lexus

Wonder what kind of mission M37 has? and why are they not fixing it?
    ECU, TCU update did not do anything but made reaction slower than before!
    When I complained about engine almost stoped at a hill while driving slowly,,,,
    They set up, in-take air control,,,, doing my idle at 750rpm
    It was 600~650 before. What is this?
    I guess it happened because mission problem, locked to higher gear instead of proper gear. But tweaked idle set up.

After software update, rpm tends to be unstable ranging 600~1200 in a low speed...specially while I'm parking. It just moves up and down without my intention. Oh~wow~ made a reservation with a service center to show them and see what their reaction is.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your continuing travails with the transmission issue. I still think they really don't have their hearts into the repair. They had this problem with the transmission in the G-37 a year before they put it in the M. I don't know why they thought that a transmission/engine combination that would not work right in a lighter car would work in a heavier car. It would appear that their engineering department has their heads up their rear ends. This is just not the way to keep your loyal customer base and get new customers.

I've lived in Palm Beach County, Florida for about 8 years. For the first 5 years or so I thought Infiniti was "the official car of Palm Beach." We had 5 of them on my block alone counting my 2. We are now down to one Infiniti. They are not selling well. I've seen just one 2011/2012 M in the past several months on the road. Since they redesigned the lights and exhausts on the 2012 Hyundai they are easy to spot. I can't count how many I've seen. After having tue luxury brands for the last 25 years or so I can't believe I'm relishing Hyundai ownership. My only wish is that they had a seperate stand alone facility for the Genesis/Equess line. Short of that they have really done a fantastic job with the 2012's. Unlike Infiniti who seems to have tried to see how much they could take out of the cars, Hyundai seems to have tried to see how how much they could get in to their cars. Between my lousy dealer experience with Infiniti of Coconut Creek and the awful experience with the M, after 5 Infiniti's I'm sad to say that I'll never go back. The car brand stopped being fun and stated becoming nerve wracking. I want to enjoy my car and have confidence in it rather than dread of what it is going to do next and how lousy the dealer will treat me.

Too bad; good bye Infiniti.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your continuing travails with the transmission issue. I still think they really don't have their hearts into the repair. They had this problem with the transmission in the G-37 a year before they put it in the M. I don't know why they thought that a transmission/engine combination that would not work right in a lighter car would work in a heavier car. It would appear that their engineering department has their heads up their rear ends. This is just not the way to keep your loyal customer base and get new customers.

I've lived in Palm Beach County, Florida for about 8 years. For the first 5 years or so I thought Infiniti was "the official car of Palm Beach." We had 5 of them on my block alone counting my 2. We are now down to one Infiniti. They are not selling well. I've seen just one 2011/2012 M in the past several months on the road. Since they redesigned the lights and exhausts on the 2012 Hyundai they are easy to spot. I can't count how many I've seen. After having true luxury brands for the last 25 years or so I can't believe I'm relishing Hyundai ownership. My only wish is that they had a seperate stand alone facility for the Genesis/Equess line. Short of that they have really done a fantastic job with the 2012's. Unlike Infiniti who seems to have tried to see how much they could take out of the cars, Hyundai seems to have tried to see how how much they could get in to their cars. Between my lousy dealer experience with Infiniti of Coconut Creek and the awful experience with the M, after 5 Infiniti's I'm sad to say that I'll never go back. The car brand stopped being fun and stated becoming nerve wracking. I want to enjoy my car and have confidence in it rather than dread of what it is going to do next and how lousy the dealer will treat me.

Too bad; good bye Infiniti.
  • nrwaynenrwayne Posts: 44
    The iPhone 4 will play through the M37 system and charge at the same time if you do the following:
    1. Plug it in using the USB port
    2. Run iTunes on the iPhone for a few seconds.
    3. Start a sound source (Pandora) or otherwise on the iPhone
    My M37 is from early 2010 and it works fine. Have not had a software upgrade.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    thanks for the update, but I got rid of the M37 because I considered it unsafe to drive due to the transmission problems.
  • My 2011 M37 is having the same acceleration problems. It almost stalls when I try to accelerate to pass someone. It also feels like it keeps accelerating when I am on the freeway and hit my breaks slightly. My car is in the shop today and I brought it to their attention so hopefully they can fix it. Anyone else have this problem and get it fixed?
  • engine101engine101 Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    My transmission does the same thing. I tried to pass someone once and the darn call practically stalled on me. I almost got hit.

Everyone needs to keep posting about this until it's fix. I have had my car a little over a year and thought this was normal, but I have never driven another car that acts like this.
  • Quick thought. Since so many people are posting dire safety concerns with the M either on the highway or just entering traffic and disposing of the car because of their concerns, why not change the name of these postings to; "Last Impressions?"
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Since most members are using this discussion to post anything and everything about the M37, I just took off the "first impressions" in the title - presto!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• That is the fastest "corporate response" I've ever seen! I'm impressed, to say the least. Now, if only Infiniti had addressed their problems with the same timliness maybe they wouldn't be so far up the creek with a paddle.

Good for you "guy's" you're really at the top of your game.
  • DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! I bought the M37 brand new with 28 miles on it. I have owned it for 14 mos and it is back in the shop as we speak! It has been in a total of 9 times, either by tow truck or service guys coming to jump it and drive it in to fix it. I have dealt with both Crest Infiniti of Plano, and the home office of Nissan. Neither are willing to help me with this issue, or get me in another car.
    It has an issue with the battery constantly being drained by one thing or another and they refuse to acknowledge this is a problem that obviously isn't going away. Each time it goes in they assure me the problem has been fixed, and it always breaks down again leaving me stranded. I have owned Mercedes, BMW, etc. and have never been more unhappy with a vehicle, a dealership AND a manufacturer.
  • almattialmatti Posts: 164
    ghstudio: well did you get out of your lease?? for only $1K? I'm still in Hell with my 2010 G37X...
  • almattialmatti Posts: 164
    I jsut started to peruse this forum ( I have a 2010 G37X), and in fact have posted here before. After going through this thread which is NOT Headlined correctly, I find there are a multitude of the dreaded Infiniti 7AT problems ....Holy Sh*T...I have posted so many times I've lost count on MyG37.com about this freakin 7 speed AT. I have complained to Infiniti Consumers Affairs dept (ICA) 2 X. District Managers and Factory Techs examined and drove my car : the response is the same: " there is nothing wrong, it is operating as designed"...They won't take my car in return (it's Leased for 39 months until Sept 2013)...I've been pursuing an Early Termination with No further Cost to me..They've offered 2 months off the lease???? Oh Yeah, the first complaint yielded an offer of Elite Maintenance contract for up to 45k miles. The one thing I was able to discern from the Factory Tech who drove with me with a plugged in Laptop to monitor the drive, was that They admit to the Hesitation & Lagging - he saw it on the computer analysis done in "real time"...The Tech volunteered one thing which is discouraging to say the least: The only real fix is to replace the Tranny, all the software and the ECM with "reprogramming" that would help to reduce the Gear Hunting that goes on. He went further to say that to his knowledge, no "fix" was immediately forthcoming from Infiniti Engineers. I beleive this occurred in late November or early December. Sorry for the downer opinion, but it's real from the Horse's mouth.

What I'm shocked to learn as I now have read through this Thread, is that the M37X is the same as the G37X .....The one thing which I have been pounding with my Dealer was to get me out of the G lease and I would Swap into a new M37X lease. That may NOT be the correct avenue to take.
  • richardnvarichardnva Posts: 74
    Just traded my 09 G37x in for a '12 M37x. Haven't had any probs with the M's tranny yet, but I did have probs with my G. After I first got the car I had a lot of problems with gear hunting. When I brought it in for the first scheduled maintenance I mentioned to the service tech and they "flashed" the module which I believe reset it and may have updated the software with a newer version. Regardless, the flash fixed my problems and i never had any more problems. My situation wasn't very severe so I'm not sure if we had the same issue, but thought I'd share my experience.