Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sonata Bluetooth Problems

Comments

• What state are you in? I called my dealership and they were very good about taking care of every issue I have had - just haven't figured out the bluetooth thing. Eveyone elses phone works in my car but mine. I called again on Thursday (before the holiday) and they asked me to come in on Monday again because they have a person that is really good at the bluetooth issues, and they talked to her about it, and she is hopeful - not guaranteed, but thinks she might know what is happening.... I won't count on anything, but if this is really the only issue I have with my car - I won't complain- I absolutely LOVE this car!! :)
  • We also have issues with our blue tooth on our 2011 Sonata. We get the "please wait" msg. quite often, some days our system works fine, other days no. We have taken it to the dealer 3 times now and 3 days ago they say it is our razor phone. Now, frustrated, I find all these others reporting the same problems. Haven't tried disabeling security encycription settings on our phones yet. Can anyone tell me what that does to the phones? Love the car, and the hands free phone was a major selling point for us just want it to work right all the time. Can anyone help us?
  • sb222sb222 Posts: 6
    So the BB has been pairing successfully with the Sonata every day. What I now realize is happening is if I get in the car without my phone the "pairing failed" message starts up and goes on continously. There must be a way to cancel out of this. She should say it once (or better yet, not at all) and quit. Am I missing something?
    edited January 2011
    To pickup from my last post, if my phone is shut off completely and I enter the car there is no pairing failed message and no bluetooth symbol on the display. The issue seems to be one of range. I just confirmed this by running a little test. If I leave the phone on in my bedroom upstairs then go down to the car and turn the radio on, within a minute the pairing failed message begins. Perhaps it has something to do with fringe reception for Bluetooth. That wouldn't be so bad but the issue is that the phone then stops pairing completely with the Sonata from that point forward. I have to delete the profile at both ends and pair again. Very strange but now that I have an idea what is happening easier to deal with.
  • Is Bluetooth A2DP music streaming possible without navigation package? I would love to have music streaming but I don't need a navigation. Thanks.
  • I have a 2011 model. I am using a Samsung SCH U460. The system worked fine in the beginning. Now when I place a voice bluetooth call the number beeps but does not go thru. If I stop and punch the number in from the contact list, again, the system works fine. It is most anoying...............any suggestion?
  • blp47blp47 Posts: 5
    I have a Driod Xand it connected perfectly to my Bluetooth. The problem is that the phone doses not load down the phonebook. ? Does anyone have a solution for this.?
  • I have a Nexus One, and it doesn't have any problem loading the phonebook. But I do have problem with my music streaming being faded out for .5 - 1 sec every 5 - 10 minutes. Any idea? I have the SE w/ Nav. Thanks.
  • I had the same problem, but i did not realize that the droid x asks for permission to download the phone book. I unpaired the droid and sonata, then re-paired. When the pair is finished a notification shows up on the top bar of the droid x. The notification asks to allow permission to download the phone book and there is a check mark to always allow permission. Since i did this the phone book downloads fine.
  • ken2011ken2011 Posts: 11
    2011 Limited 2.0. I paired an inexpensive samsung bluetooth phone (tracfone) and works fine, but only 5 of my contacts downloaded, and they are not the ones I use most often. Is there a way to manually enter more contacts/phone numbers??
    I am ready to pull the rest of my hair out of my head with this issue. Where and what do you click on to give the permission. Thanks
  • It shows up as a notification on the upper left hand side of the screen, The same place that email, texts, or download notifications show up. Pull down the notification bar to address the notification.

I hope this helps
    kenelvox,

Thanks a million you saved a lot of frustration and one happy person now. I went to Verizon and to the dealer with this problem and no answers. I have a ford Edge and that is a simple operation for downloading the phonebook. I want thank you again.
    kenelvox,

Thanks a million you saved me a lot of frustration and one happy person now. I went to Verizon and to the dealer with this problem and no answers. I have a ford Edge and it is a simple operation for downloading the phonebook. I want thank you again.
  • I have a blackberry Bold, ATT service, and the same thing happens. I can pair the systems when I get in the car and the bluetooth works (voice recognition is terrible but phone numbers work just ok). When I shut the car off and start it again, drive 3 to 5 miles, I get the massage pairing failed over and over again and there is no way to stop that without turning the car off and going through the entire setup sequence or turning the bluetooth off on the phone. Very disappointed with not being able to use this feature. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
    Go to Bluetooth Setup on the Blackberry. At the 'Add Devices' screen select 'cancel'. Paired Device 'Sonata' will be highlighted. Tap the 'dots' menu and select Device Properties. Set Encryption to Disabled. Save. I haven't had this issue since doing this on my own Blackberry.
  • I have a 2011 Sonata GLS and a TMobile MyTouch phone. They paid fine, and I have not had any trouble with calls or importing my list until a week or so ago it started importing all of my contact backwards, meaning last name then first name.

ANyone else had this happen? I didn't change anything in my phone, didn't get a new phone, nothing, it just started happening all of a sudden.

Thanks, Sam
  • Beautiful reply. THAT was funny.
  • Still can't get my phone to work, does the pairing just fine, but then starts to beep, won't turn off until I turn off the car.... wierd thing is, my husband called while this was going on - and his call came through! Then, when I hung up - it went straight back the beeping!! Any ideas??? Also, if we are having so many problems now, what happens in 3-5 years???? Or really the next time we buy a phone with new technology???? Does anyone know why Hyundai (or if Hyundai) are going to some how figure out how to update the software in the vehicles later? Most cars come with a website where you can go and update your software as needed..... ??????????????????????????????????? I thought this was a great feature in the car, but I haven't been able to use it at all!!!!
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    It might be time to stop by the Verizon store and have them take a shot at connecting. When everything else works and yours doesn't it's very suspicious. Make sure they try to pair another phone like yours if they can't pair yours. Your phone could be the oddball here.
  • skoos1skoos1 Posts: 3
    Hello
    We purchased a Sonata this weekend and we are having the same problem. Contacts importing backwards. Have you had any succes solving the problem?
    The problem with the names be reversed. I have an driod x. When my phone book was loaded from my old phone it split into 2 lines and caused the same problem. Thisis how you resolve it.

1st line: John
    2nd line: Smith

Now you put John Smith on the first line and this will resolve the problem.

1st line: John Smith
  • wjcolewjcole Posts: 1
    2011 Hyundai Sonata and Motorola Droid X. I too was ignorant of needing to respond and keep the notice requesting permission to upload the data. The other gotcha is that names get reversed from the First - Last order on the Droid X to Last, First when you do call by name from the Sonata.

Unfortunately this is just the opposite of how I would want them to be on the phone and the car recognition. Since I only care about a few favorites when calling from the car, I made duplicate entries for them, with first name in the "Family Name" field, and the last name in the "Given Name" field names used by Android.

I have not been able to get the Sonata to recognize a name using only one name field, but have not stopped trying either.
    I will give it a try, although we have tried about everything imaginable. It appears the contacts will have to be deleted by the dealer since the contacts that are in there now seem to be permanently entrenched. Thanx
  • bgb65bgb65 Posts: 1
    My problem is two fold.

1. Sometimes it can take 10-15 minutes to connect with my Blackberry.

2. Is quite strange, it connects with phones not in the car. I had my Blackberry in the house by the window 15 feet from the car and it connected. I thought maybe it was a one time thing but no. On Sunday when I started the car it connected with my husbands cell, which was in the house 30 feet away.

Has anyone had that problem?

Or is it just my car?
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,253
    Bluetooth has a range of 1, 10, or 100 meters or 3.3, 33, or 333 feet depending on which power level is used. I'm reasonably sure that most phones & headsets (which includes cars) are Class 2, which has a 10 meter range.

As with WiFi, subtract 10-20% of the range for each wall/barrier the signal has to pass through.

So there's no reason why it wouldn't connect to a paired device that's outside the car.
    I think we may have figured our situation out. In the contacts on my Blackberry the first name is added on line one and the last name isadded on line 2. What we decided to try, was to put the entire name on the first name line. Such as First Name: Joe Blow and did not make an entry on to the Last Name line on the phone. Worked. I guess more than one way to skin a cat!
  • rysterryster Posts: 528
    The Samung Alias2 is not compatible with the Sonata. I had the Alias2 and it did the same thing as yours. Another family member also has the Alias2, their phone with different firmware, and it also did not work correctly.

Samsung told me it was a Hyundai issue, Hyundai told me it was a Samsung issue. I finally just cancelled my Verizon contract with the Alias2, and switched to the TMobile G2 made by htc and it works perfectly.

I have been hearing that it is hit or miss with Samsung phones and the Sonata's bluetooth.
  • ken2011ken2011 Posts: 11
    2011 sonata Limited 2.0 w/Nav. new Droid X phone, verizon network, won't download contacts from phone. Had a cheap trac phone prior, and worked just fine. any suggestions???