Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Regal

Comments

• kuqikuqi Posts: 4
    Was it the blower resistor or the blower motor ?
    Does anyone know how to replace the Heater/AC control unit? I am having a hard time trying to figure out. Thank You
  • bporter1bporter1 Posts: 229
    It was not the blower motor, it was the blower module. The dealership did not mention that the resistor was bad. They only told me that since the problem was intermittent, they were not sure if it even was the blower module. If it was not, then something else would have to be replaced. Anyway like I said before, it is working fine.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback''bporter1 ''..it is appreciated
  • foxglovefoxglove Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2003 Buick Regal LS about 1.5
    months ago. I have a question about the auto
    climate control. Does the "pure" front defrost mode
    supposed to be remembered by the system to that
    when you start it the next morning it will come on
    to this ?? Mine remembers the defrost mode for about
    20 + min. it seems and then defaults back to auto/floor mode - this is once it is started and
    then the defrost mode is selected. I have a remote
    starter and all I can defrost the windows with is
    windshield - floor not pure front defrost. I am
    talking about the defrost button above the rear
    defrost on the auto control. Thank You,

Sincerely,
    foxglove
    aseidl@ironbay.net
  • bigunit67bigunit67 Posts: 62
    I need to replace the tires and struts on my 98 Regal GS. I know different folks have posted over time that "this" or "that" combo is better, but since a lot of time has passed, what does anyone think is best now??

I'm not looking to make the ride any stiffer than need be. With recent back surgery I appreciate the softer ride in life but don't want to wallow like an old fashioned car.

I know the forum is kinda dead. I might go to the Pontiac side and see if anyone can help if nobody stops by in the next few days/weeks.

Thanks...
  • bporter1bporter1 Posts: 229
    I am on my third set of tires for my 99 Regal, and the last two sets have been H rated tires. They give me a little more cornering abilty, but the ride is still pretty good. I travel the highways a lot, and I have no problems with ride.
    Obviously, this is just a suggestion, but it depends on how aggresively you drive your car.
    Good luck in your search.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,040
    I replaced my struts with Monroe struts when Sears had a sale with free installation or with buy one get one free. The salesman told me that their better sale was coming up the next week. So I waited and got them then.

They improved the control without being too stiff after about 1000 miles or so of breakin. It is a LeSabre not a Regal. But I believe the design of the control from the strut would be the same quality with a Regal.
  • Jack44Jack44 Posts: 221
    You might look at the KYB GR-2 struts...They'll give you a better ride...

For pure performance...The GMPP Koni/Spring combination from GMPerformanceParts is the ultimate in handling...

For tires, and I have them, consider the Falken Zeix 512's in a 235/55 x 16...
    I have visited both the Monroe and KYB home pages. The KYB rep I chatted with online stated that their equipment is the same as the OEM parts that came (or would come with) the Regal GS. Does this sound kosher with what you know, Jack44?

I've been to a GM dealership, one where I have a relative that works in the part department, and whether he's giving me a bargain or not is debatable, but he stated front struts would be $172.78 * 2 and rear would be $98.01 * 2 for a grand total of $541.58. That is "supposedly" not the market rate I'd be charged otherwise. (I'd hate to see their market rate).

KYB came backwith a quote for $238.42 total for front AND back.

Again, thanks guys.

Joe
    Do any of you guys know of a car polish that works well if you live in a dusty area? Everything I've bought the past two years seems to do nothing but attract dust as soon as I put it on. I've lived in the sticks for a long time and it didn't used to be that way, but oh well...

I've tried most all of the top name brands and they all seem to attract dust big-time. It doesn't matter if I let the car sit a day or so or immediately drive up the road - same result.
  • bridges1bridges1 Posts: 2
    My 1999 Regal has developed a problem with the engine shutting down (dead)at highway speed with no apparent cause. It has restarted each time but it is a serous problem when traveling the freeway. The service techs have no clue. Any comments would be welcome.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,040
    Ask this over in

Mr_Shiftright, "Got a Quick, Technical Question?" #1150, 12 Mar 2005 9:27 pm
    and Alcan probably has an answer. You might search through that for "engine dying" and "shutting down" since the question might already have been asked for one of the W-bodies.

If you find an answer post it here for others to read please.
  • okay, im new to this site and i was browsing the internet in trying to find an answer to my question on my '99 buick regal gse.. i hope that if i post this question i can get a quick response.. !!! i really do need some feedback on this issue that i have with my car.. okay, i dont know too much on cars but i am a female..i know A FEMALE and i was curious on what i should do about my buick regal shutting off on when i start it up.. maybe its the fuel pump or something thats causing my car to shut off~ i really need my car to work and i have no way of getting easy transportation to work but i want to tell you something that happened to be yesterday... i was at work til about 3 and my brother called me saying that his '01 chevy cavalier broke down on the e-way 'cause his battery was discharged and when u tried to start the car all it did was make a clicking noise.. anywayz aside from his car breaking down, my dad is a mechanic himself, he checked his battery found out that his battery was discharged, took my brothers battery out and put in his battery from a 89' cavalier and walaaaa my brothers car turned on.. well my brother left to work and i was there with my dad be'cuz he wanted to charged my brothers discharged battery with mine in hopes of charging it back up welllll come to find out it didnt work.. my dads car didnt want to start.. sooo we had to go to murray's auto store and by a replacement battery..and that worked.. so when i got home that night i parked it for about 4 hrs came back outside and tried to start my car.. it turns on but shuts right back off... is it cuz my battery went bad after charging my brothers "dud" battery or was it the fact that me putting in gas from a Mobil gas station had somehow caused some type of problem with my feuling system... oh geeze!! i sound dumb right now but can someone please help me.. my dad checked my car out tonight and saw that when my car turned on some pump had shut off and this made my car shut off too.. well, if you had the same problem or maybe know what is wrong with my car turning off then please reply~~ ?!?!?!?! im in need of an answer!!!!!!!! a.s.a.p... Thank You, Rissa
  • and one more thing.. when my dad turns my car on,he quickly steps on the gas and he continuosly presses on the quickly and while doing that the car stays on and then in between the vrooom u hear a "put put" noise(if you know what i mean).... i hope that helps you in figuring out my problem!!!
  • ............. I have another problem with my buick regal gse... hope you have an answer to my question!!!!!!! :o) ~ any who..when i first purchased my car in Oct 04 everything was fine.. i was driving so smooth.... now about 3 to 4 months later when i drive my car, and i am going between 50 and 65mph, i hear a thumping noise towards the back of the car.. the front tires, i had balanced those at a tire shop but i didnt do the back tires.. could that have been the problem.. or do i need to change the struts or tire rods?????? hmmm, hope whoever replies to my messages can figure out my "Regal" problems.. Thank You again fellas~~
  • zedzed Posts: 2
    Have a '99 GS with the automatic headlight feature. Supposedly, with the headlight pull switch in the "off/in" position, but the lights are on due to the automatic headlight feature, you should be able to turn them to "parking lights only" by pulling the headlight switch halfway out to the "parking lamp position." Mine doesn't work. Basically the headlight switch doesn't have any effect when the lights are on. If I start the car w/parking brake on & pull out the switch, lights come on normally (parking & headlights). When I put it in gear or remove parking brake with headlamp switch in/off, lights come on like they should with the auto feature, but if I want to turn them off or to parking lamps the switch has NO effect, doesn't do anything. So I basically can't turn the lights to the parking lamp position at all with the switch like the manual says I should be able to. Any ideas? Fuse? Relay? Help!
  • I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM.. AFTER READING SEVERAL FORUMS AT AUTOMOTIVE HELPER.COM, I FOUND THE ANSWER AS TO WHY MY CAR SHUTS OFF AFTER STARTING IT.. WELL.. ITS THE FUEL PUMP RESISTOR LOCATED IN THE RELAY BOX!!! BUT BEFORE PURCHASING THE RESISTOR I WANTED TO BE SURE THAT THE RESISTOR WAS WHAT I NEEDED ..SO ALL I DID WAS: LOCATE THE FUEL PUMP SWITCH (A BLACK PIECE WITH 5 PRONGS STICKING OUT OF IT, PULL IT OUT, AND STICK A PAPER CLIP IN THE TWO SLOTS (30 AND 87A)<< THAT IS WHERE THE RESISTOR IS LOCATED!! AS I WENT TO TURN MY CAR ON, THE CAR STOOD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YESSSS...!! NOW I NEED TO GO BUY THE RESISTOR AT THE DEALERSHIP!! GEEZE! ANOTHER DAY WITHOUT MY CAR!
  • sham4sham4 Posts: 1
    I'm new to the group and since this is the first problem that I've had with my '00 GSE I thought I would drop a line. Two days ago I had the same problem of engine shut down 2-3 seconds after start-up. Another member on this list already found the solution that I came to which was the fuel pump resistor located under the battery. How glad was I that it was this $30 resistor instead of the $300 fuel pump! Take care all.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Glad you got it figured out - let us know how it goes at the dealership.

And P.S., please turn off your caps lock. A message in all caps is hard to read, and it looks like you are yelling at us. :)