Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Regal

Comments

• pacinpelopacinpelo Posts: 142
    Hello all,
    For those that have sunroofs what are you using to protect the strip around the roof when closed. I have noticed some dryness/fading.

Thanks.

P.S. Counting down miles to move away from the Badyear LS tires...
  • jackjtjackjt Posts: 178
    I'll be interested in hearing what people are using on that rubber seal strip around the sunroof. Just waxed my 01GS and noticed that the strip is faded?? Was a bit dissappointed to see it.
  • evizeevize Posts: 33
    Can you recommend a quality wax for the GS's base/clear coat paint. Winter's coming and I want to wax my '98 GS soon. What did you use??
  • BushwackBushwack Posts: 258
    Forget about waxing as you know it. Read about Zaino in the TOWN HALL forum (Maintenance and Repair----> Zaino Car Polishes/Products--Your Experiences) and then go to their web sit at <http://www.zainobros.com/>.

Zaino is by far the easiest to apply and maintain and gives you the best shine possible. If you're truly anal about your car's shine, "Zaino heads" will tell you to clay your car before applying Zaino. I started using Zaino a couple weeks after buying my car (which sat new on the dealer's lot for many winter months prior) without claying and the car has a terrrrrrific shine! You may want to clay your car seeing that it is 3 years old and I do not know what condition the paint is in. But no matter the route you go, Zaino will give you the best shine possible. It is very easy to apply and even easier to maintain the high gloss shine throughout all four seasons.

Today I had the first opportunity to open the sunroof since March (S Fla weather finally cooperates) and noticed upon closing it got stuck half way. I let go of the button and pushed it again and it closed all the way. I did an open/close test 3 times and it happened only once.
    Has anyone had trouble with their sunroofs. I somehow knew this may have been my first challenge.
  • deibsdeibs Posts: 11
    Hello again Bushwack,

You wrote some time ago.....

I'll get you the part number tomorrow. The info is in my Palm Pilot...which is buried somewhere under paperwork on my desk in my office. The part number for the unit includes the harness; which is basically an adapter that splits off from the existing harness that leads to the changer. Just make sure your radio is designated as having CODE UPO (if it's a Monsoon system, it is CODE UPO).

Do you have the part nums. Could you be so kind to forward to willjammer@hotmail.com

thanks bushwack,
    happy 99GS owner....deibs.....
  • I have been using something called 5 way penetrant by 3M corp, it comes in a large approx 16oz. spray can. I apply it about every other month ot so.

I just spray some of it on a clean dry cloth and apply it rather liberally to all of the rubber seal. I have found that it keep it supple and flexible as well as looking new.

It works for me here in central Arkansas and I use the sunroof quite frequenty.
  • jpstaxjpstax Posts: 250
    Funny you should mention sunroofs! Mine was acting exactly like yours back in July. Finally, in mid-August, it stopped very near the closing point. I panicked because it was a cloudy day. I finally got the motor to run, got out, reached through the window, and pushed the roof as I held the button down. It finally closed. It rained that night. I called the dealer the next day and he said the "module" was probably running on its last legs. The parts department ordered me a new one. It arrived a week later, and they installed it. Fortunately it was covered by my extended warranty. It only cost me a $100 (my deductable). Otherwise, it would have been $500 for the module + 4 hours labor ($300), for a total of $800.
  • jackjtjackjt Posts: 178
    Used Meguier's Gold Class --- worked well with a good shine. Heard that Zaino is better, but it costs a bundle and you have to go thru a number of steps to apply it. One or two coats of Gold Class is fine by me!

No Sunroof problem to date....
  • armtdmarmtdm Posts: 2,057
    I also use Collintie carnuba wax and # 26 and Gold Class. These only last about 3 months and if not taken off quickly and if you do avoid rough plastic (leaves white residue) it is okay and very hard to remove in sunlight.

Zaino, two steps but done together and first step does not have to be wiped off. Very easy to apply , very easy to remove even in sunlight, lasts considerably longer then anything I have ever used to date. Cost, yep, for the two products needed with shipping about $25. If you can afford a Buick Regal you can afford $25 or about $15 more then Gold Class and # 26, same as Collinite. Supply is enought for many many many applications.

I am the true cynic but this stuff is incredible
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    to find out if there is a local distributor in your area. Will save you on shipping and waiting. Sal responds quickly and most likely will have a distributor in your area.
    Thanks.
    I will closely watch mine. WOW 4 hours labor for the sunroof module, how in the world do they change it?!?!

Chalk one up for the benefits of an extended warranty...which I have. But only have 16 K.
  • Help! We have a '91 Regal GS with 110k that is sucking gas like it's going out of style. It's in perfect shape mechanically, body, and interior wise... just gets about 14mpg with everyday driving, and managed about 18 on the highway without using the a/c one time. It has the 3.8L(not Supercharged) that's in numerous GM cars; I know some people with that engine that normally get 300mi+ per tank, and this one is sucking fumes around 200mi or so. I've put new plugs/wires/pcv valve/air filter/fuel filter on it and also cleaned the throttle body, yet no improvement. Any ideas?? Thanks for any info.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    the one that I noticed that's missing is the O2 sensor. Change that out yet? If not, you should do so as it has a direct relation to mpg.
  • BushwackBushwack Posts: 258
    Did you change the EGR vavle (or was that included in your laundry list of replaced items)? One other (lame) attempt and that is...could someone be pulling a practical joke on you and let a few psi of air from all four tires?? This comes to mind because some college buddies of mine (back in the stone age of the 1980's) let out 8 PSI on all four corners and I saw my mileage drop 20%. On a 1975 Nova w/ a 350 V8, that's a big drop!
  • eran1eran1 Posts: 17
    Change the coolant, change the coolant, change the coolant. Seems that's all you've left off. Had a similar situation with my truck, the service guy recc. a coolant change/flush...it worked! later
  • 96gs96gs Posts: 86
    Well, it's been over ten months now since I sold the '96GS. I kind of miss the smooth silent power and luxury it gave me. I have a 98 Mustang GT now and it has been a lot of fun. Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing. Enjoy your Regals!!
  • Thanks for all the info. The O2 sensor has been on my list, going to be the next thing I change asap. But... how on earth does coolant affect gas mileage?? I could see how a bad thermostat or coolant temp sensor would, just not sure how a radiator flush would help...