Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Regal

Comments

• pinettedpinetted Posts: 104
    Redregal, I too live in Denver and have not experienced any reception problems. I would take Bushwack's advice and take it back to the dealer. You either have a bad reciever or and faulty connection to you antenna.
  • lkohnlkohn Posts: 13
    Start with the most simple things;
    Check the horizontal 'line' (which is actually the radio antenna) on the upper part of the windshield for breaks.
    Check the connector from the windshield 'line' to the wire with the teardrop at the end, which is near your rear view mirror. The teardrop part snaps on and off the windshield - maybe it just needs to be snapped better. (Hope you can understand what I mean.)
    Either or both of these things will cause reception problems. Good luck.
  • Has anyone used a LeBra on their Regal? Any paint issues?
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    LeBra, otherwise known as "LeCrap" sucks. Stay as far as way from that brand as you possibly can.

I have a 2001 Impala LS and use the "Perfect Fit" car bras which have to be the best out there. They are the same OEM equipment that the dealer parts department sells for a markup, but you can buy direct from the manufacturer up in Canada. My Impala's front end bra was $84.00 plus $10.00 UPS ground delivery to your door. The materials, construction and way the front end bra fits are incredible!

Try them out, you won't be dissapointed!:

www.carbras.com
  • teoteo Posts: 2,508
    This is how your Regal will look like with the "Perfect Fit" car bra:

http://www.carbras.com/perfectfit/bigcars/buick_regal.htm

As long as you remove the Car Bra every week or couple of weeks to wash your car, you should have no paint or other related problems. Car Bras need special care and are not meant to be left on for years without them being washed.

• BushwackBushwack Posts: 258
    Car bras are very '80s. It looked great when I was 17 on my new 1981 Celica GT hatchback :)

The latest trend is 40 or 50 series tires w/o sidewalls.

Unless you're doing heavy duty driving, ...I can't see any aesthetically redeeming qualities (or substancial preventative reasoning) for using a car bra on a Regal.

Just my .02¢
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    Bushwack-

It may be 80's, but it sure cuts down on those highway hood chips!

fastdriver
  • Hello Everyone,

I have a 1988 Buick Regal 2DR 2.8L with a 169K on it. In good shape.

I am planning to sell it (Bought a New Honda).

Is there anywhere in Toronto I can take it where I could get a decent $$ value for it??

Thanks,

R
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Posts: 1,704
    I have read in many car publications that the Century and Park Avenue will be canceled and phased out of GM's lineup in the next two years. If that is true, when exactly is the Park Avenue's final year going to be? I'd like to get one of the last traditional big Buicks before the new futuristic LaCrosse comes onto the market.
  • gweilogweilo Posts: 118
    Tell me the year of the car and how well it's treated you. Any brakes or front end issues? Would you buy a 2002 if in the market?
    Thanks
  • jackjtjackjt Posts: 178
    Bought one about a year ago and have truly enjoyed it. No quality issues, love the power...

No regrets!
    Seems like the next generation Regal/Grand Prix has been delayed (possibly cancelled). More info can be found at <http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=4485&sid=173&n=156>

If the above link doesn't work, head on to <http://www.thecarconnection.com/> and click the link titled: TCC&#146;s Daily Edition: 12/19/01.

• armtdmarmtdm Posts: 2,057
    A 2000 GSE now with 16,000 miles. Great power, good highway car.

terrible handling on corners, feels like a Mack truck
    less then great stopping power
    Poor wiper blade/hood configuration, cannot lift blades from the down position due to hood being in the way.
    Performce shift feature is useless, cannot determine any difference in anything when on.

Oil leak at 750 miles due to all oil pan gaskets not torqued properly from factory
    Aig bag light will sometimes malfunction and stay on when too much baggage or weight in rear
    No other issues since the oil pan problem, have not brought it back for light as it does nto stay on all the time and they will just say they cannot find the problem until it does!

As this is a company car I purchased it at a real bargain (Feb of 2001 so it was sitting a while) and I can live with items I did not like for three years. Price was the main issue.
    Would I buy one for myself with my money, probably not, too many other choices that look better and handle and perform better for around the same bucks..
  • jackjtjackjt Posts: 178
    Gee, you must have got a lemon!

My 01 GS for the price has been and is a real bargain. What else are you going to get for around 28K that beats the GS for power, luxury and reliability?
    As I said, I got a great deal
    2000 GSE with 500 miles sitting on lot in Feb 2001
    Sticker was around $28,000.
    Invoice around $26,000
    There was a $2000 rebate on the 2000 models to unload them
    I offered $23,000 in early Feb 2001 take it or leave it. They left it.
    Feb 27th they called and said if you still want the car you can have it for $23,000
    So, that is why I have the 2000 Regal GSE. Price was the sole determining factro
    I have a 2000 GS w/ 17,000 miles with little to complain about.

I had a rattle in my sunroof which, after the third visit to the dealer to address this problem, a mechanic rubbed some rubber rejuvinator along the weather stripping and it hasn't rattled since.

I had an EGR valve that needed replacement a couple weeks after ownership. Took an hour wait at the dealer to get that replaced.

ARMTDM, the windshield wiper is issue is tacky and minor. Just turn on the wipers and shut off the power mid-way thru its cycle.

Oil pan issue, air bag light...sh*t happens (like my EGR valve and sunroof rattle). My sister has 2,000 miles on her 2002 Lexus LS400 and has already returned to the dealer twice for an electrical issue (one being the dash doesn't illuminate when the headlights are on).

I agree the cost I paid for the car is what turned me away from getting an Acura (nearly the same deal you got from the dealer). But I can't think of another car for $23-$25K in the marketplace with similar features and performance. I suppose the Maxima would be next on the list for $5000 more.
    Previous two cars were Maximas,a 95 and a 98. Neither one went in for any warranty work or any work in the period I had them. So to me, anything that smacks of poor workmanship is not good. Loose bolts is poor quality control at the factory.
  • bporter1bporter1 Posts: 229
    I own a 99' Regal GSE. It has 44,400 miles on it. The car is great, it rides well, handles decent, and seats 5 comfortably. The power is awesome. My car has had some minor issues though, sunroof problem (twice), power window motor burnout on passenger side and the climate control display was going dim. All repaired under warranty. And to answer your question, yes I would buy another Regal.
    I find it interesting that the above posters would buy another Buick given the several minor porblems each has had. Have we become so accustomed to poor quality and workmanship that we feel it is okay to have to return to the dealer, waste our ever decreasing valuable time, the hassle is unbelievable just to bring it in and this is OKAY? Sunroofs, climate controls, loose bolts, come on!

Guess you guys never owned a car that required no warranty work? It is a pleasure believe me!
  • 99gs99gs Posts: 109
    I have a 99Gs, 43K, and really like the characteristics of the car. I bought it mostly for the ride and room and of course the gitty up. I still have an open issue with Buick regarding a poping noise in the front end during turns. The dealer recognizes the problem, but can't figure out what needs to be fixed. A Buick field engineer is next on the list. Other wise I love the car, really like the new tires. Put some Mich Symmetry tires on and had them siped. The car rides and handles beautifully with them. Jack