Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legacy vs. Suzuki Kizashi

2»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Yeah, GM's hybrid is old-tech. But Suzuki is too small to design their own.

They'd be better off getting a TDI engine from VW as far as fuel misers go.

I hadn't thought about the VW partnership until this artible popped up.
  • Man, this (VW TDI) engine in the Kisashi, considering its able chassis would be much better match than any hybrid, and a bona fide contender to boot.
    Just a few days ago I took a VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI for a long (one hour) test drive on very diversified surfaces and roads (concrete freeways and black top twisty country roads), and I was mighty impressed. Aside from huge economical disadvantage of the TDI, cost of fuel and and ca. $4000 premium compare to gasoline mill, considering VW's spotty quality and very inconsistent reliability, I would definitely stay clear from this brand. I am speaking from my own experiance and more than fair share of problems with 2002 Passat. On the other hand, I'd love to see, and possibly buy Forester with boxer TDI.
    They have one in Europe but it won't meet CARB emissions standards unless they add urea injection, which would make it expensive.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,682
    I can't figure out why people are buying more VW's worldwide than ever before. All I hear is bad news about how they break down from this thing or that thing. Do they reach popularity merely on body style?

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

I think they have improved, not to mention the difference between the most and least reliable cars is much smaller than it used to be.

Our nanny's daughter owned a Passat lemon, I swear she drove a Ford Five Hundred loaner more miles than she drove her Passat.

I really like TDIs but I'm not sure I could ever pull the trigger.

All cars have their issues (wheel bearings, anyone?) but with Subaru at least I'm familiar with them and there is a community around to help.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,760
    edited April 2010
    I can't figure out why people are buying more VW's worldwide than ever before. All I hear is bad news about how they break down from this thing or that thing. Do they reach popularity merely on body style?

VW became the largest auto maker in the world because Toyota cut production last year. Also VW doesn't focus on the North America market like Toyota and GM. They have focused their sales efforts in China and South America - places the recession hasn't affected. They are also the number one brand in Europe with about 20% market share in western Europe.

I own an 05 Passat and completely love it. Great intial quality and thus far great long term reliability.

Every brand has issues - it wasn't too long ago that Toyota was considered bullet-proof.
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 OregonPosts: 43
    I owned a Suzuki Verona, purchased new. It was a very nice car despite some reliability issues. When considering a new car, I drove the Suzuki Kizashi and was unimpressed by the four cylinder engine noise and vibration, the small size, limited features, and the dark interior. It all felt marginal. We bought a Subaru six cylinder Legacy Limited and find it quite acceptable despite its own list of cost cutting issues.
    Some people like a smaller sedan, and think the Legacy grew too much.

Though I will say the majority of the public thinks the same way you do, just look at Legacy sales lately.
  • cammy2cammy2 Posts: 1
    kizashi is a great car everybody have they own likes and dislikes...i love the kizashi so much i bought one the car drives great...great value for the money putting a lot of main stream auto makers to shame with they big ugly cars...go suzuki...funny suzuki is in the same position hyundai was a couple years ago it wasnt cool to have a hyundai but suzuki cars are way better looking kizashi is a great start stop hating on suzuki kizashi and buy one you will like this car...i do..privious car was a jetta
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,682
    I think like you do. The new Suzuki Kizashi rocks! Whoo-hoo!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

2»
This discussion has been closed.