Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 and Earlier Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• Hello all;

I haven't been around lately, but I'm glad to see this board continues to prove how well the Impala is Made:)

Well, after 4 trips to the Dealer, the Remote Entry problems is apparently about to be fixed. There is a TSB out for the Remote Entry, which includes replacing the entire instrument cluster to fix the problem. Car goes in tomorrow morning for the new unit, let's hope my key less entry system finally works like it is supposed to!

Ciao
    Paul
  • captainjcaptainj Posts: 31
    JefferyW1, about kidney stones, I was just reading in a health book, it says to avoid foods that contain or lead to the production of oxalic acid (asparagus, beets, beet greens, eggs, fish, parsley, rhubarb, sorel, spinach, swiss chard, cabbages, also alchohol, caffeine, chocolate, cocoa, dried figs, nuts, pepper, poppy seeds, black tea, refined sugar and products with it, be moderate with dairy products, avoid antacids with dairy products, but MAINLY animal fats and protein).

OK, sorry about the off topic!
  • mediumfrymediumfry Posts: 239
    JeffreyW1, I was gonna say I haven't had any trouble with kidney stones...rock chips have been a nuisance though, causing much pain in the front of the hood and windshield.

Seriously, though, glad to hear you and teo (AKA toe) are back on the trail again. Let's keep the doctor away except for exams to prove we're OK.
  • bdimebdime Posts: 130
    I'm having trouble with my gas mileage driver center readout too. spouse says to leave it be
    and it will correct itself. If it's not reading more accurately I'll ask them to check it at 3
    month checkup-oil change..:) Moorphius909- can you share the TSB # for the
    remote entry- this might be part of my problem or maybe it's just the non integration
    of the add-on alarm and the factory alarm. I might have to start hollering a bit
    when I go in- or maybe I won't need to if it's related. Thanks
  • bdimebdime Posts: 130
    I could be wrong (not quite there yet) but I think some of those AARP
    clubs sign you up at age 50 or 55. We can't retire though until 67& 1/2!
    Unless of course you win the lottery and don't need the insurance! :}
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    Hey, I've been robbed. My LS does not come with coin holder. Uggh. I have been using the small ash tray as my coin holder. hehe.
  • Hello everybody.

Just received my Impala ls a few weeks back. Could anyone tell me what thease RPO codes mean----7HM, 8LR,1P3,9LR,R7K,W01,1SB,AND 6HM. I have ordered the service manual and I could not find thease codes anywhere.
    Thanks
  • duraflexduraflex Posts: 358
    You're blessed in that you passed the kidney stones. After my father had them, he was advised to drink CRANBERRY JUICE on a daily basis. It worked. Read the label and get the highest percentage of real juice. The chemical make up of the CJ has something to do with preventing the stones from forming or helping to break them down once they've formed (if they are not too advanced) Ask your doctor - he may put it down but for my father it worked. As others have written, diet is critically important to preventing stones form in the first place.

A health crisis really does put dual exhausts and car radios and everything else in perspective.
  • yurakmyurakm Posts: 1,345
    You can read some of the codes here:

http://www.edmunds.com/vehicles/2001/chevrolet/impala/ls4drsedan38l6cyl4a.html

For example, 1SB means "Preferred Equipment Group 1/LS". W01 - heated seats.

Try also Kelly Blue Book at kbb.com, and GM configurator at www.gmbuypower.com

• I will post the TSB Number once I get the car back from GM with the Work Order/Invoice.

Ciao
    Paul
  • stnelstnel Posts: 338
    My aunt and cousin both have problems with kidney stones. I'm not sure what the procedure is called but the doctor will send some type of wave into body to break up stones. I imagine if you're of the male persuasion that they'll knock you out first. I guess it beats surgery! Also drinking a minimum of 2 quarts of water a day help. (You probably already know about the water)

Hope you get it under control!
  • jeffreyw1jeffreyw1 Posts: 145
    Thanks for all of your thoughtfulness.

captain - it is very hard to do without chocolate :)

medium fry - I hate those rock chips, too. Although I have not had many occur on my Impala AS, there was one pen point chip in the center of the windshield when the car arrived at the dealership. However, for my pickup that is another story. I have so many stars on the windshield that I might name it "the Galaxy". LOB

duraflex - funny thing you mentioned cranberry juice. My doctor told me to drink c., but did not tell me why and when I mentioned it to my twin brother (who has had more kidney stones than I), he said he was told by his doctor that cranberry juice would cause kidney stones.

steel - yes, I drink plenty of water and it is mainly what I drink period throughout the day.

May all have a great day!
  • night_owl1night_owl1 Posts: 760
    I agree that the paint seems softer than one would expect. I guess this is the result of environmentally friendly paint.
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Stacy - most of us were born this way and very high percentages of us are persuaded to remain males for life - with or without kidney stones! lol

Gotta go grab a tall one (CJ).

Ken
  • jeffreyw1jeffreyw1 Posts: 145
    What type of piston problem do you have? Also, my 1986 Silverado pickup which was made in Canada has a Rochester Quadrajet, four-barrel carburetor that I had to replace 2 years ago because it could not be rebuilt again. I ended up buying a new Rochester Quadrajet 4-barrel carburetor from an online carparts company for $750.00. What type of Rochester Quadrajet carburetor goes in your Corvette? I think mine is a EM4C.

What is your occupation and what is your age? You don't have to answer the last two questions if it's too personal. I just like to learn the backgrounds of the posters on this forum.

Thanks!
  • stnelstnel Posts: 338
    Not quite sure what you're talking about and you don't have to explain. I simply meant that procedure may be painful to men but not so much to women. I actually happened upon this discussion group to get info on Impalas because I'm looking to buy a new car. I basically got the info I needed so I'll leave you men to your discussions.

Thanks to all of you for your help.
  • tpkentpken Posts: 1,108
    Stacy - just referring to your comment about us guys being of the 'male persuasion' - I should have left it alone.

Hope you got any info you needed for considering an Impala - a terrific automobile. There are a number of women participating here who would, I'm sure, be more than glad to answer anything you may wish to ask about the car.

Best wishes in your car search.

Ken
  • Hello all;

Picked up the car, took them only 30mins to replace the instrument cluster, and so far the key less entry FINALLY seems to be working like it was designed to!

Here is the TSB: 00-08-52-004A

If you are having problems with the dealer, put some pressure on them, I had to "[non-permissible content removed]" at them to finally figure out what the problem was!

Ciao

Paul
  • etcarrolletcarroll Posts: 87
    After 1k miles in my LS, strangest thing happened today. While driving, all warning lights on dash came up, radio shut down and clock reset to 12:00. Lasted about 3 seconds. Engine kept going. It's almost as if the electronics rebooted. Shortly thereafter power to radio recycled again, but no warning lights. The day before I had reset my key fobs, and changed some options, ie, for horn to chirp on pressing lock on key fob. These changes still in place.

Anyone else experience this?
  • Hi Teo,

Thanks for your response to my "low coolant" question. I am going to take my car to the dealer this evening because of the low coolant light coming on and because the hesitation and stuttering is back. I've been using regular unleaded since the last time the car was in the shop (and not fluctuating between regular and premium unleaded). Also, my rear window defroster does not appear to be working (even on high). The window should have defrosted after 15-20 minutes of the car being warmed up/driven. The front windshield also did not defrost quickly. I finally got tired of waiting and used the windshield wipers. (My daughter thinks I should just get a sqeegee and call it a day--I say no, I paid too much for me to need to get out of the car and wipe the windows.) I called Chevrolet today and got a case number. I told them I'd planned to drop my car off at the dealer this evening and have them check the car out and I'd call them when I got my car back. I'll keep you all posted.