Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 and Earlier Chevrolet Impala

1436437438439440442»

Comments

• I had the same issue after I had water come in on the passenger side after a rainstorm. The factory amp is in the trunk and can be replaced much cheaper than the radio itself. Or if you know someone who is good at wiring have them bypass the amp, that is what I had done. The amp controls the power to the speakers, that is all that is wrong when you have display but no sound.
  • I have an 05 Impala that vhas an oder like natural gas. When I first noticed this the tranasmission started to slip at red lights and then launch. What would cause this?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,138
    Good morning rockarosa,
    Have you had any luck in getting this evaluated since your post? If you decide on visiting a GM dealership and would like for us to follow up on anything with them, be sure to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a recap of the situation at hand).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Good Morning Customer care, I hope fully solved my problem and traded my car in on a 2012 chevy Impala with the 6 speed transmission. Looked at Hyundia's but got a good deal on the Impala. Hope they solved the transmission defect.
  • I know im super late...If problem is still happening, i have some knowledge for you. So place that you get air from have water in there hoses...I work at Discount Tire and i learned that chrome peal comes from water sitting inside tire and and the rim soaks it up and it warps and then some what explode. that what makes the come start coming apart from wheel and start tearing tire up
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,138
    Congratulations on your new Impala, rockarosa! If you should ever need anything, we can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (please include your name and contact information and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry).

Many happy miles!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • chevowner2chevowner2 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Don't count on Dynacell Batteries for the warranty. The Dynacell battery in my truck failed after 24 months of use and Dynacell refused to honor the 36 month replacement guarantee. I received a rude email from Mr. Skip Humphries stating they would not reimburse me for the replacement battery. The battery was installed by the local Chevrolet Dealer here in Ocala, FL. I would never purchase another Dynacell battery and Chevrolet has stopped using their batteries.
  • bobisnextbobisnext Posts: 3
    Hi:

I have a 2005 impala base sedan with no tachometer.

I want to install a digital tach. in the past the tach wire was connected to one side of the coil.

Where is the "coil" on the newer cars?

Thanks
  • cobcob Posts: 210
    The coils are attached to the metal bracket on the top back of engine where all six spark plug wires are also attached. Not sure which wire you would use from that harness to hook up a tach. A easier way would be to get a gage cluster from a LS model or a Monte Carlo. Either one will plug into the existing harness and screw into place in the dash. Only issue will be the odometer miles will not be the same as your current cluster.
  • Hi! Boy, am I glad to find this site. Over the past 4 months, I've noticed a whine or growl start when I reach 40 mph. It 'peaks' at 45 mph and disappears around 50 mph. It didn't make this noise the first 1.5 yrs we've owned it. The ball bearings are fine and we've replaced the rack & pinion on the driver's side. The tires are in great condition. Any thoughts/suggestions?
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Little Rock, ARPosts: 872

Been a few years since I had an Impala, but the only time I remember a whine/growl in mine it turned out to be low on power steering fluid, which as I recall the reservoir was located on the back/firewall side of the engine out of easy view, which is why I hadn't routinely checked it.