Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 and Earlier Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• The price is $19K Cdn without discounts (currently negotiating)
    Jo
  • pluto5pluto5 Posts: 618
    If you're nervous about buying used why not order a new base sedan? With dealer discount, mfg. rebate and GM card earnings (now rounded to higher thousand) you can get a new vehicle with full warranty for about the same as a retailed 03 used car.

For our friends in the snowbelt, TireRack has the Kumho winter tires for $60--they are quieter on dry pavement than the OEM Goodyears!
  • I just bought a new used 2000 Impala with 68,000 kms. I am looking for advice regarding the reliability, maintenance, recalls, and/or any comments relating to this vehicle. Thanks.
    Chris
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    Well, my 2000 LS now has 142,000 miles (over 225,000 km). The only major repairs have been a headlight switch and an ignition switch...
  • I found a cool website that has all automotive recalls and bulletins for no charge. This is the address that will get you to the 2003 Impala info and you can take it from there.
    www.alldata.com/TSB/10/031019GN.html
    Jo
  • Loupie (Jo)
    My son bought a car that was from Budget, they
    order them by the Hundreds and they are
    not the same car as u get on the market. Also
    a friend had worked at Budget and he said the
    same thing. If you want to add accessories in all
    likly-hood they will not work.
    My son tried adding lights, different locks etc.,
    and they wouldn't work right. He found the
    wiring harness was different.
    I wouldn't. Go for the new one!
    Rodger
    t_tookalook@hotmail.com
  • I have a white 2001 Impala, and I'm thinking about painting the center taillight peice white also, has anyone ever done this? If so I would like to talk with you about the process you went through....
  • Go to impala hq.com. When you get to the site ,go to The how to section. There is a couple of way it has been done.
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    Last week, my vendor took me out to lunch with his rented 2004 Impala. I must say, the quality on the 2004 seems much better than my 2000 Impala. The acceleration has a quicker response. The doors have a nice thumb sound when you close the doors. My vendor was very impress with the Impala. He mentioned it 3x about how nice the Impala drives. (I'm hearing this from a guy who owns a BMW 3 series convertible!!)

In our local paper here in the LA market, new 2004 Impala base model is selling for slightly less than $16K with MSRP of $22K.

Loupie:
    Go buy a new Impala! Impala has been the best vehicle I've owned...better than my previous Accord V6 EX and my father's Camry. Honest!!
  • Having just bought a 2000 Chev Impala I noticed a rattle or clunking in the front end. I could feel the clunking through the steering wheel. I asked the Dealer to check the vehicle and I am awaiting his response. Has anyone experienced this problem with their Impalas?
    Also, there appeared to be a anti-freeze leak from the intake manifold. Again the Dealer is checking the source of the leak. Is this an on-going problem with the 2000 Impala? Thanks for the feedback.
    Chris H
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    <<I could feel the clunking through the steering wheel.>>

It's either the ISS or the engine cradle. The ISS is very common among most GM cars. The engine cradle is specific to 2000 Impala.

<<Also, there appeared to be a anti-freeze leak from the intake manifold>>

There is a recall for this intake manifold.
  • I was originally in K.C., Mo. and am now in Ft. Myers, Fl. Bought my 2000 Carmine Red Impala on 9-9-99. I have over 45,000 miles (original). I'm planning on putting Michelin X1 tires on and since my original tires are only half worn, I'm lucky. The only problem I've had is the replacement of my battery with a Sears Diehard. I have no pops, no gallops, no front in rotary problems except I think when they rotated my tires that made them run backwards so with the noise that I'm getting from my tires, I'll replace them. So this 2000 dude is really preforming, no dents, no scratches and away I go. I keep it polished and it's show room clean.
    K-cid
  • I am looking to purchase and install a bra for the hood on my 2000 Chev Impala. Where can I purchase this item and how much do they cost?
    Chris
  • charts2charts2 Posts: 618
    I see you are from Canada.....go to your local Canadian Tire store at the parts counter....they have a catalogue with accessories....and I believe they offer a bra for the Impala.... $59.00 to $89.00 range I believe.......also go to your local Chevy dealer.....they offer them.....a little more expensive but probably fit better.....
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    You should check out clearbra.com also. This is a clear coating over the paint which, in my opinion, is better protection than the standard bra.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    I am considering the Regal vs. the Impala LS. Does anyone have an opinion on one or the other? They seem to be approximately the same price for the way I want it equipped(3.8 with cloth interior, ABS,and bucket seats.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    Better drive both. They don't handle even remotely similarly. You will like one and not like the other nearly as well, if I am right...
  • crosley4crosley4 Posts: 295
    My sister-in-law bought a 2001 Regal while we had the 2000 Impala LS....

Way different road feel. The Buick still felt like the old-man's car.

The LS was firmer , but rides very well IMHO
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    have you given the Grand Prix a try?
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    The Impala has some improvements that the regal does not have.

The main one is that it has a 1 piece body ring stamping.

Open the back door of the regal and look down at the sill. You will see a joint where the 2 pieces come together and are welded. Same at the top of the door.

There are no welds or seams on the Impala.
    It is stronger and offers better crash protection.

The other difference is the Impala has a 1" longer wheelbase. Giving about 1" more rear legroom.

The Impala is 5" longer and has a bigger trunk.

The Impala is considered a full size and the Regal a mid size.