Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 and Earlier Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    My 00 LS has also been the best sedan I have ever owned. I now have 145k on it, and it has had only minor problems: a headlight switch and an ignition switch. That is ALL for unscheduled maintenance, other than normal stuff like struts and tires. Original battery, alternator, water pump, etc.
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    That's REALLY good to hear! WOW! That is an excellent track record for your Impala. Hope mine will prove to be just as dependable.

Tom
  • pluto5pluto5 Posts: 618
    Just check "spoiler delete" on your order and pocket $175 off the sticker price.
  • Love my 2001 LS. Has 71k on it, nothing major to date, and got a check from GM for having paid for the warped manifold issue out of my own pocket, (did it prior to the TSB/recall). Plan to put 150k on it, as have to replace wife's car this coming year.

Not for nothing, I bought Chevy as I had a half ton Chevy pickup that I put 211k miles on, never much trouble with that, it was a 6 cylinder/4 speed auto trans as well. Looking at the Caddie
    CTS as next ride. Still GM.
    I think I have finally decided that I like the spoiler. Guess I'm glad the car had it after all.

Tom
  • Nice Impala!!! You definetly want the Spoiler, gives it a 'tuff' look. Great color you chose too. I have a 2002 LS, Bronze Mist. VERY happy with the car.
  • tfulktfulk Posts: 1
    I don't know about the rest of you Impala owners But my 2001 Impala has been in & out of the shop
    at least 5 times since purchased new with 450 miles on it The most recent problem was with the transmission prior to that everything else was a recall , electrical signals & other items. The trans was slipping the dealership finally fixed it after the engine light came on but for a month they thought I was crazy. The most recent Problem now is the shifter sticks when it is cold which Locks the ingnition so the car won't start this has now happened 3 times we sure have worked out the bugs on this car hopefully nthis is the last. I guess these cars are made in Mexico
  • pluto5pluto5 Posts: 618
    GM makes the spoiler standard but the side airbag an option, go figure.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    tfulk, sorry about your car. They are made in Canada.

I am very happy with mine, which has 145k on it...
  • Spoiler and Side Air bag are STANDARD on the LS.

As far as spoiler being 'tuff', I'm speaking aesthetics,it gives the car a more complete look, a stronger stance.... IMHO
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Side airbag is now optional in Impala LS.
    The dealership has fixed my transmission.
    The solenoid was sticking and the cost is $1129.
    I called Chevrolet customer assistance and the zone manager has agreed that Chevrolet will share in half the cost with me.
    They haven't determined what that will be since there is apparently some wrangling over what the actual repair cost is now that Chevrolet is involved.
    My car has been at the dealership for 9 days.
    Luckily I have another car to drive.
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    I had a chance to check out the new Holden GTO at the LA Auto Show last night. The car's interior and exterior look way to bland. Yuck!

By the way, I was standing next to Rick Fox (LA Lakers) and Vanessa Williams at the autoshow. :)
  • geezr2geezr2 Posts: 7
    Hi folks! We just got our '03 Impala last night,and it looks and rides like a dream! Just 17k(km) on it and it still has that new car smell.I'm gratified to see that there are so many happy Impala owners out there,as our '97 Mercury Mistake was driving us crazy,not to mention bankrupt,with expensive repairs.We traded it in,and were glad to see the last of it! This is our second Impala;we had a '77,our first car,years ago,and we loved it.We opted for a 4 year extended warranty,which might be a bit of overkill,since we have most of the man.warranty is still left,but,what the heck;the peace of mind should make it worthwhile.

The '03 is the base model,and has the 3.4,with all the usual power goodies,as well as those nice 16" alloy wheels,which really make an improvement to the look,imho.It's white with a navy interior;our 3rd white car,lol!

Take care all
    Geez :o)
    Congrats on that new Impala! They are great cars, aren't they? I'm still thrilled with our new one.

Guess it's good that I bought when I did, since the rebate is back to $3000 and not the $4500 that I got (no more $1500 bonus cash, like there was when I bought a couple weeks ago). Don't know if GM is increasing people's earned rebates on their GM cards any more either. The deadline for that was supposedly Jan 2.

Tom
  • Supper on your '03
    I have one and it's great. It's very good in
    the snow too.
    I also had a Mercury mistake, a 1999 Merc Mountaineer. I got rid of it after two transmission repairs withing 40K
    Rodger
  • I was wondering if anybody has put 17 inch wheels on their Impala? I know the Impala SS has 17 inchers but not sure if it would need odometer/speedometer calibration. I thought it would be good to get new rims when I purchase new tires. I hate the custom alloys my car came with since it is very hard to clean when brake dust accumulates.
  • charts2charts2 Posts: 618
    A mechanic at a Chevy dealer told me that the current 17" wheel and tire set up on the Impala SS are no larger in circumerence then the 16"s were.....the wheels are 17" but the tires are lower profile.thus the same circumference according to him...and he states no difference in the speedo calibration....
    FYI
    225/60R-16
    235/55R-17
    245/50R-17
    are all about the same circumference
  • Love my leased 01 LS Impala (~41 000 Kms == 24 000 miles). Purchased end of July 2001. A real joy to drive anywhere/anytime - especially on those very long 12 hour trips. Problems so far:

- Manifold leak;
    - Driver seat lower back support replaced;
    - Heating/cooling fan resistor replaced;
    - some other recall that I fail to remember;
    - passenger side skirt cracked;
    - all four brake rotors turned at 20,000Kms == 12,000miles (I thought this odd due to the brakes being marketed as police grade heavy duty).

Still not decided if I will buy it at the end of the lease (July 2004) or lease a new one. To keep it, I must be convinced that the car will be problem free for many years to come.