Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 and Earlier Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• tom41tom41 Posts: 3
    does anyone know of a manufactuer who makes mudflaps for a 2005 impala.
    the dealer dont have them and couldnt find anyone who made them. the 2005 impala has a flare in the rocker panels and the rear quarter that wont allow earlier years to fit.
  • Here are the numbers on the key FOB for 2000 Impala LS:

GM/UTA: 25678792
    FCC ID: KOBUT1BT
  • charts2charts2 Posts: 618
    From what I have read the new 5.3 V8 for the 06' Impala is 20 pounds lighter then the 3800 V6 that it is replacing..(more aluminum components) ....and it is being re-engineered for front wheel drive applications for the Impala and Pontiac Grand Prix GXP.....Chevy indicates they have reworked the transmission, and front end components to handle the additional torque.........
  • Thank you middleageguy!!!!!!
  • spsmithspsmith Posts: 3
    I have a 2001 Impala with 3.4. I have had the low coolant light on for months now. I was not concerned about it because someone told me to just change the coolant sensor. Which I did and the light is still on. I now called a local dealership to see how to reset the low coolant light and he indicated that it should reset itself and I may have other problems. I do not have any overheating, the oil and radiator fluid looks fine, and I do not loose radiator fluid. I am slightly concerned because of all the postings regarding the here about the leaking fluid issues.. Does anyone know how to reset the low coolant light (if possible)? Any other suggestions?
  • 3rcr4ever3rcr4ever Posts: 1
    I just spent over $300 for the dealership to tell
    me they don not know what's wrong!!!

The dash and counsel lights are out on mine too.
    The LED? (green) displays are fine during the day,
    but are invisible at night.
    The sensor seems to be working properly and
    all other lighting is fine.

The radio is awful and picks up static from the
    LED? displays!!! This really stinks because I am
    on the road a lot and the radio is my only friend.

The dealership pros, stated that I had to pay for
    the BCM they replaced cause they could not
    return the old one after it was removed. ($190)
    I am seeking to find if this is true.

If they do happen to fix your lights, PLEASE inform
    me as to what it was. The car is GREAT and all
    but I don't need a nickle and dimer either.

Thanks in advance.
    If you go near the top of this forum page (right side search this discussion) box type in COOLANT LIGHT dozens of posts on this forum for the past few years will come up regarding other Impala owners with similar problems and maybe a few remedies you haven't tried.......good luck...
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    You can buy the FOB on Ebay for cheap!
  • bonni43bonni43 Posts: 2
    The passenger side of my heat/ac climate control no longer lights. Anyone happen to know which fuse supports this light? The owner's manual doesn't seem to provide me with any insight.

Thanks.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Posts: 870
    My 2000 Impala has the same problem; my guess is that it isn't a fuse, but likely the actual bulb that burned out. Seems like I posted the question here awhile back, and the sense was that the bulb couldn't be replaced without replacing the entire AC control module. I've never looked into it to confirm that though.
  • bonni43bonni43 Posts: 2
    Not the greatest of news but thanks for the assistance! In the event I get a favorable answer, I'll be sure to give you an update, in the event you still own your Impala.
  • jim51jim51 Posts: 3
    you talk about the traction cont/abs brakes---hope you don't have a prob. with one
    of your abs sensor,because you lose your abs brakes as well as your traction
    cont. now the expenses kick-in. i own a 2000 imp.(63k) and starting to have
    some prob.--2-tie-rod ends,rear shocks and the tract./abs sensor prob.

luckily,i found the prob. for the sensor--it was in the rear,broken wire in the
    harness at the abs sensor--very happy--everything is working is back to normal,
    for now.
  • joe40joe40 Posts: 2
    What is the expected oil usage for 2001 Impala LS? I have heard that 1qt. per 1,000 miles should not be considered a problem.
  • jarndt1jarndt1 Posts: 11
    I'm having the windows tinted on my '04 LS. The laws in Virginia are 50% front side, 38% back side, and 28% rear window. Should I go for max tint on all windows, 50% on the fronts and 38% on the back and rear, or 50% all the way around? What would look best? Would having different tint levels on different windows look funny? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • jarndt1jarndt1 Posts: 11
    Correction: 35% back side. And I've seen conflicting info on the rear window. (35% vs. 28%)
    I bought my 2001 LS brand new........I only have 40,000 miles on it. The most I have ever added is 1/2 quart between changes most changes 3500-4000 miles.....I am sure others will vary......I have a few friends that have Impala's including my son who has a 2003 LS and oil consumption has never been a problem......you can check all the previous 13,000 posts on this forum and I don't remember it being an issue with this engine....
  • bh628bh628 Posts: 100
    Hi,
    I saw a nice article in an Auto Club magazine about the pros and cons of FWD, RWD, and AWD. Here's the link:

http://www.aaa-calif.com/westways/0305/auto/overdrive.asp

I've seen postings about AWD, and was surprised that there is a disadvantage to them--reduced gas mileage. Although it's only 1-2MPG less, that's a factor if you drive a lot and live in a pretty dry part of the country (which isn't this rain season, in the SW--37inches of rain). Then article also mentions when AWD and 4WD would be preferable.

Maybe something Edmunds might like to post on their website? I've seen the "Read Only" lists, but you have to go thru a lot of postings to get the information. An article would be nice.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Posts: 870
    I'm quickly approaching 80k miles on my 2000 Impala (3.8l engine) and haven't had any issues with oil consumption at all - I've been using Mobil 1 synthetic since about 5k; I check the oil occasionally, but I don't recall EVER adding any oil between changes.
  • rhedrhed Posts: 2
    I had this happen to my 2000 impala while still under extended warranty - they did have to replace the entire a/c control module. Sorry...

does anyone happen to know where I can find a used auto dimming rearview mirror?
  • rhedrhed Posts: 2
    My 2000 did too - it was still under exteneded warranty though and they did have to replace the entire AC control module. It was one of many problems I had. The body control module and the power locks were replaced besides the AC. The intermediate drive shaft also was replaced. New transmission put in at 60,000 miles. I love the car but thank goodness for the extended warranty or I'd have paid through my nose for this car repair.