Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• ryan14ryan14 Posts: 15
    I recently bought a used tacoma 2004 from dealer with 66k on it. The problem is when I stop at traffic light the whole car lightly shake once. Does any one have same problem?
    I have the same problem (Mgs # 1919). Please update what your solution. Thanks
  • ustazzafustazzaf Posts: 311
    It is obviously something you are doing. This is not something that is a trend for Toyota. Are all the Toys you had trucks? Did all have overhead racks? Something has to be unique. Do you have an uneven dip in your driveway that causes unusual body twist? For all 6 you have owned to have the same problem, there has to be a link. Do you have a heavy person on one side and a light person on the other side? Maybe a heavyduty bumper that does not allow body twist?
  • barjo4barjo4 Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Tacoma with the standard CD player and after an hour and a half or so, my CDRs have a tendency to skip. Not all the time, but sometimes. Toyota tells me not to play them at all, but I don't accept that. I have bought higher grade CDR media to see if this will help. I noticed the discs are really warm when i remove them after the problem starts. Toyota told me that I would void the warranty if I changed to an aftermarket player.

I don't know if that is correct and assuming it is not, what are recommended players I could look for?
    Thanks, John
  • castcast Posts: 6
    Any body out there with axle wrap thump, I finally fix it after people telling me it was my drive shaft,trans,rear end,all kinds of thing, when I could see my pinon moving up and down way to much. I talk to the dealer they said there was no fix for the problem, well Im here to tell there is. A military wrap on the leaf spring which I did or ladder bars which are far more money. This thump sound and feeling was driving me nuts and I wasn't going to give up when the dealer told me there was no fix, thats bull [non-permissible content removed], they just don't want to fix thousands of trucks. It's just the way they are I looked at a 2005 and the have changed the slip yoke position,and the spring angle,and spring it self. Any way I hope my efforts help some body out there.
    There is 2 ways to fix it that I know, A military leaf wrap , or a good set of laddders bars. both of these will get rid of that "thump".
  • Thanks Woody.
    This is very interesting because my '04 V6 Tacoma displays those exact symptoms, a little vibration at idle, esp. in drive; and missing on start ups. Could valves be out of adjustment from the factory?
    Your response is appreciated.
    thanks
  • tokyojoetokyojoe Posts: 13
    I saw many reporting and complaining about the engine noise described as clicking, dieseling and knocking on '06 Tacoma and mine(AC/2.7L/4AT)does too. Many were told by the dealers that it is a typical '06 exhaust noise and some even suggested to adjust the valves. After several e-mails and callings to Toyota, I finally heard that Toyota is aware of this problem. The noise is caused by the fuel line bracket, and a newly designed fuel line bracket will be available shortly and the owners will be notified. Hopefully this info helps the Tacoma owners out there.
  • obeanineobeanine Posts: 1
    Your story is so like mine, I mean to a 'T'. Dealership diagnosed a cylinder misfire, #3 and told me that it would cost $800-1000 to tear it down and find the problem and not do anything, and most likely will result in needing a new engine or a rebuilt, running about $5000. I said, "Your sh-----g me, right?" No mister O'Brien, that is what it needs. I paid $87 for the diagnostic and left very confused. I was scheduled to depart for Alaska on Dec. 1, 2005. Luckily I have a brother-in-law that is a toyota cert. mech. that use to work for the lousy dealership I just left.
    For $125, including parts, he did a valve adjustment and changed the spark plugs, but not with denso k16r-u. Engine light off and no problems driving up in 30 below temps. Got to AK and a few weeks later the engine light came back on. Problem got steadily worse then disappeared. Reappeared a couple weeks later and this time got real bad, hesitation with clunking noise that softened as you reached the high end of the gear before shifting. Thought it was going to seize. So, Changed oil, oil filter, air filter, checked pcv, checked EGR, checked all hoses, transfer case, and transmission. A little improvement. Got online and read about similar problems and mistakes made, so next I went and got Denso K16R-U spark plugs and changed those out, added injector cleaner, and oil treatment. Runs like it just had a valve adjustment, idles fine... but from what I've learned the problem will return. 132,500 miles and 4th set of spark plugs, 1st- denso, 2nd-autolite, 3rd-autolite, 4th-denso, lets see what happens. Good luck.
    does it shake or is it like some body lighty bumped you from behind.
  • woody72woody72 Posts: 73
    Has your check engine light come on? Since it is still under warranty I would request Toyota to check valve clearance.
    It is like some body lighty bumped from behind
  • My dealer told me that Toyota is aware of this problem and believe it or not it's just the gas moving around in the tank. Unfortunately with my '06 with the V6 it's a clunk in the driveline on start up thats my problem.
  • morgan5morgan5 Posts: 13
    Does installing either solution affect the ride? Does it create a harder ride? With regards to ride, is one better than the other?
    Did not make a differance on my truck. And I did the leaf wrap. Not sure about ladder bars.
    It's probably axle wrap. Do a leaf wrap or ladder bars.
  • I own a 95 toyota tacoma and had the same problem with the clutch,squeak. Yes the dealership will go good for the problem,just keep going back until the rectifiy the squeak. I had parts and bushings replaced. But every time it comes back I take it back and they fix it. scellfish
  • To fill based on the dipstick reading is very good advice.
  • whooiewhooie Posts: 5
    Does this clunk feel like a ritating mass out of round? and the go away at 1500rpms. mine does that 06 v6 auto. whats all this talk about axle wrap and ladder bars.
  • jeradajerada Posts: 1
    i have the same problem on my 2004 double cab. does anybody know how much either the ladder bars or the leaf wrap solution cost?
This discussion has been closed.